Lady Die

DL Members' Secrets

The snowdrops are coming up Slave, daffs next, any sign of your dog? It must be decision time.

Huh?

The snowdrops are coming up Slave, daffs next, any sign of your dog? It must be decision time.

I think we may be saved. Our friends are moving, happily, not too far away, but far enough to enable us to sneak in and dig him up before the next lot arrive. He was lovely and I would really like him to be in our garden. <_<

You might have to be quick, sometimes the new people are waiting on the doorstep as one lot moves out. When you finally plant him a tree might be nice on top, something with roots anyway so you don't forget and dig him up again. That's going to be one well travelled dog.

Any news about the dog Slave? The soil has been too hard to take a spade this past week but all this rain should have softened it up a bit. Maybe now's the time to dig. Don't shirk on this one.

Any news about the dog Slave? The soil has been too hard to take a spade this past week but all this rain should have softened it up a bit. Maybe now's the time to dig. Don't shirk on this one.

Yes this is something to consider. The soil is soft at the moment, but by July, usually here it is as hard as rock (heavy clay, hot summers). Problem is, they haven't gone yet, house sales take ages here. They were talking today about being there until the end of the summer!! Poor Rodders will be baked solid by then.

I think you need to grasp the bull by the horns. This needs sorting. Maybe Mr Slave could take them out to the garden centre while you raid the bed singlehandedly, dig it up and make the move. The longer he stays where he is, the more chance there is of accidental discovery with the name tag and all. It would look soooo bad. No-one wants to find A dead lurcher (with a history) among their pansies at this time of year.

Guest iain

i am a quaker ( i eat them for breakfast every morning )

i know by cofessing this, i will be subject to ridicule and derision.

but i am a .......... TREKKIE!!!!!!

i kidnapped the lindberg baby!

it was me on the grassy knoll!

:D

i know by cofessing this, i will be subject to ridicule and derision.

but i am a .......... TREKKIE!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with being a Trekkie my friend....a lot of people are....

Myself Included .....Fascinating :D

It's a life, but not as we know it. :lol:

regards,

Hein

I once stayed awake for six days. I won't be doing it again.

It's a life, but not as we know it. :lol:

regards,

Hein

It's worse than that, it's dead Jim. :lol:

Not a trekkie really, but it appears that anyone who enjoys the show at any level is one these days... it's funny to watch my friends get drunk and then ask them what the think of Star Trek. It's like hearing from someone who's dabbled in bisexuality. :lol:

"Well yeah... I do it occassionaly, but not like... all the time. I mean, it's good stuff in small doses."

it may be dead now, but it's been dead before. it will get better.

until then i still have all the dvd's, and a bunch of books, and my

captian kirk action figure, and computer games, and my 6 foot

cardboard mr data, and...

good grief, i'm worse than i thought!! :)

Guest iain

ok since we're getting down and grimy here goes..i am a life long fan of ..Doctor Who..and recently bought myself a remote control dalek.Please dont laugh too much

Myself Included .....Fascinating :crossbone:

It's a life, but not as we know it. :)

regards,

Hein

It's worse than that, it's dead Jim. :P

Not a trekkie really, but it appears that anyone who enjoys the show at any level is one these days... it's funny to watch my friends get drunk and then ask them what the think of Star Trek. It's like hearing from someone who's dabbled in bisexuality. :rolleyes:

"Well yeah... I do it occassionaly, but not like... all the time. I mean, it's good stuff in small doses."

Live long and prosper.

(or isn't it appropriate to wish long life on someone around here?)

Live long and prosper.

(or isn't it appropriate to wish long life on someone around here?)

That depends on whom exactly you wish that. For the forum members it's OK.

regards,

Hein

Hey Slave, noticed you around today. How's the lurcher? Still underground?

Hey Slave, noticed you around today. How's the lurcher? Still underground?

Mais oui. The sun is out, the clay is beginning to bake and no sign of an opportunity. :(

There is something I need to confess. I like carboard boxes. I rarely go to the supermarket without getting one and I spend time trying to pick a particularly pleasing box. I bring them home and put them in the garage where we have stacks of empty cardboard boxes. I expect there is some meaning to this behaviour but I don't know what. Just needed to get that off my chest (no pun intended).

I should add (for the sake of relevance as much as anything else) that I would like to be buried in a carboard box (when dead). I realise there is nothing odd about that. Not sure whether I could find one big enough at the supermarket though.

Maybe three soap powder boxes, modified and joined (but not taped with anything that is not biodegradable) would do the trick, no real brand preference. I suppose Ariel makes all kind of biological claims. Procter & Gamble might be best as I see they offer "solutions".

http://www.pg.com/en_US/index.jhtml

Maybe three soap powder boxes, modified and joined (but not taped with anything that is not biodegradable) would do the trick, no real brand preference. I suppose Ariel makes all kind of biological claims. Procter & Gamble might be best as I see they offer "solutions".

http://www.pg.com/en_US/index.jhtml

Bleaaa-arggghh!

I'm reliably informed that those chaps are in no way affiliated to the Church of Satan. In fact quite a few of them are Mormons, they say.

Nonetheless, You shouldn't overlook some of the Unilever products. Omo and Persil to name but two.

Well, there isn't much depth to it, but if you're a skinny sort of chap you might be able to fit into this one:

http://www.pushindaisies.com/candypress/Sc...p?idproduct=184

I've seen bigger shirtboxes and $40 is a rip-off.

I watched and enjoyed 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' last night.

I should add (for the sake of relevance as much as anything else) that I would like to be buried in a carboard box (when dead). I realise there is nothing odd about that. Not sure whether I could find one big enough at the supermarket though.

Maybe not at the supermarket, but what about those boxes that flatpacked furniture come in, from Argos or Ikea or the like?

I'm sure some of those would be plenty big enough. Plus, your widow would get a lovely new chest of drawers or sideboard out of it.