Cowboy Ronnie

Gary Glitter

GUILTY on several counts of attempted rape .He's going away for the rest of his life ! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11390191/Gary-Glitter-guilty-of-string-of-child-sex-abuse.html

The 70-year-old - real name Paul Gadd - was convicted of one count of attempted rape, four counts of indecent assault and one count of sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13.

So, ONE count of attampted rape...

The judge gets tough- Glitter to DIE in prison ! http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gary-glitter-faces-death-prison-after-been-found-guilty-child-sex-offences-1486808 Let's start the countdown now !

Aw FFS!

He's in good health other than his deafness, he'll get a substantial custodial sentence but that means he'll probably still be free by the time he's 73, at which point he comes out to a considerable fortune he has stashed away.

My guess is, he'll survive it, especially given the theatrical performance he gave today which indicates he still sees himself as a star.

I reckon he could get 10 years because of his previous convictions .

How many celebs are behind bars now? Stuart hall , max Clifford , rolf harris , gary glitter , ian watkins (not connected to yewtree) . A 73 and 74 year old were arrested too and on bail . Still no cliff either considering he was named as a nonce and is on 'the list' with 3 convicted peado's plus cyril smith, peter heyman and leon Brittan it dosn't look good for your innocence does it. Threw the British public a couple of old aged celebs and protected all the major ones . Took an outside source from USA to start to implicate the royals too.

Ffs, it was a girl.

Not as if he was a weirdo or owt.

Guest Guest

How many celebs are behind bars now? Stuart hall , max Clifford , rolf harris , gary glitter , ian watkins (not connected to yewtree) . A 73 and 74 year old were arrested too and on bail . Still no cliff either considering he was named as a nonce and is on 'the list' with 3 convicted peado's plus cyril smith, peter heyman and leon Brittan it dosn't look good for your innocence does it. Threw the British public a couple of old aged celebs and protected all the major ones . Took an outside source from USA to start to implicate the royals too.

There's no suggestion that Leon Brittan was a pedo.He just (maybe) tried to cover up a load of other pedos crimes that's all

There's no suggestion that Leon Brittan was a pedo.He just (maybe) tried to cover up a load of other pedos crimes that's all

No suggestions ?

Eh, that bit of paper with all the names on it... His was iirc?

There is such a suggestion, and one newspaper was going that way in the eighties before a story was crushed. There's no agreed proof. Re Glitter, the crimes are dodgy and the victims were young at the time, and we're taking child abuse more seriously than we did then. But, realistically, he could be looking at a few years, not ten, and if you cut that in half, he's still a free man in his mid-seventies. His deafness may be a bonus because in a cushy unit for sex offenders the worst attack most some offenders suffer is loud and constant verbal abuse. He'll just leave his hearing aids turned off.

There is such a suggestion, and one newspaper was going that way in the eighties before a story was crushed. There's no agreed proof. Re Glitter, the crimes are dodgy and the victims were young at the time, and we're taking child abuse more seriously than we did then. But, realistically, he could be looking at a few years, not ten, and if you cut that in half, he's still a free man in his mid-seventies. His deafness may be a bonus because in a cushy unit for sex offenders the worst attack most some offenders suffer is loud and constant verbal abuse. He'll just leave his hearing aids turned off.

Re: Brittan, we know that he was being investigated in recent times for suspicion, at the very least.

MPFC, yewtree have been that diligent, he won't have any verbals in the nick.

It's full of his mates.

• Like 1

Glad we are getting some more "comedic" ones coming up again, like old uncle Jimmy - ... Glitter, Talbot.

Was so shite watching Harris hobble his ancient arse into court every day on TV last year. He was the one that annoyed/depressed me most, something really terrible in that guy's half-dead eyes.

On the Glitter front, I thought maybe the stress of it is catching up with him - here's the mugshot from today. Looking like he's gained weight.

But then I realised before he used to just look like Yasser Arafat so fuck knows

Glad we are getting some more "comedic" ones coming up again, like old uncle Jimmy - ... Glitter, Talbot.

Was so shite watching Harris hobble his ancient arse into court every day on TV last year. He was the one that annoyed/depressed me most, something really terrible in that guy's half-dead eyes.

On the Glitter front, I thought maybe the stress of it is catching up with him - here's the mugshot from today. Looking like he's gained weight.

But then I realised before he used to just look like Yasser Arafat so fuck knows

More like gaining ballast; I hear those showers are notoriously slippery. I wonder how many inmates will be paying a fiver to visit 'Uncle Gary' in his cell?

I stand corrected on the likely sentence, hadn't appreciated until I took in the full horror of it all on the news last night that he's been done for the attempted rape of an eight year old. That'll put time on the deal, as - maybe - will further allegations being investigated. One of two of his fellow celebs - like Stuart Hall - got off more lightly than they might because the law is applied as it was at the time of the crime. But even in the seventies, very young kids earned you good long sentences.

So, his "mates" may be the only good news on the horizon.

• Like 1

I had no idea Yasser Arafat wore bobble hats

In the mugshot he looks a bit like George Galloway apart from the hair.

In the mugshot he looks a bit like George Galloway apart from the hair.

You mean he looks like what George Galloway looks like first thing in the morning?

I stand corrected on the likely sentence, hadn't appreciated until I took in the full horror of it all on the news last night that he's been done for the attempted rape of an eight year old. That'll put time on the deal, as - maybe - will further allegations being investigated. One of two of his fellow celebs - like Stuart Hall - got off more lightly than they might because the law is applied as it was at the time of the crime. But even in the seventies, very young kids earned you good long sentences.

Stuart Hall also pleaded guilty, which is generally looked upon favourably when determining sentence.

Stuart Hall also pleaded guilty, which is generally looked upon favourably when determining sentence.

Lord Judge said Hall had aggravated his prolonged pattern of serious sexual assaults by initially protesting his innocence and criticising his victims. He then doubled Hall's sentence.

Sun today reported an attack including full on smacks in the face that left Glitter "cowering" and has ensured his segregation from other prisoners for his own safety.

So 78/9 when he gets out, assuming he behaves himself and avoids someone tripping him up or a similar accident.

The new album will be a while coming, then!

The new album will be a while coming, then!

So will his cell-mates.

Did I actually press post on that? Oh, no I believe I did.

Guest Guest

This may be controversial but I still think Gary Glitters contribution to the 1970s glam rock culture can never be taken away from him no matter what he may have dione since

This may be controversial but I still think Gary Glitters contribution to the 1970s glam rock culture can never be taken away from him no matter what he may have dione since

A skilfully hurled match into this veritable tinder box of a thread. I'd raise you that point by adding that Glitter's infamy has totally fucked over the massive respect due to Mike Leander who honed the twin drum glam rock sound that made Glitter's records such corkers. Oh aye, and he ranks amongst the ten best gigs I ever saw (caught him on the comeback trail well after his glam fame - still a real showman).

Utter twat as a human being, mind, and I'll lose no sleep if I ever cash in dead pool points on the man.