I'd like to nominate Robin Gibb, for two reasons.

1. The ridiculous wig he now wears.

robin_barry_show.jpg Robin in 2001 robingibb.jpg Robin in 2005

2. The God awful Christmas song he's doing with G4, which I had the misfortune to hear recently. It's an old Bee Gees number I believe and the lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard. See here for the full awfulness.

I feel much better now, better to get the vitriol out.

2. The God awful Christmas song he's doing with G4, which I had the misfortune to hear recently. It's an old Bee Gees number I believe and the lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard. See here for the full awfulness.

Ugh .... just read those lyrics & it make me puke.

Ugh .... just read those lyrics & it make me puke.

I read somewhere, many years ago, that Robin apparently has hugely elongated nipples brought on by excess use of the clamp. Not really a reason to hate someone I suppose, but in combination with those lyrics, I could be persuaded.

DrWCOLOR.jpg

What has the Vice Chancellor done to deserve this scorn.

Finally got to meet the man last night. I actually like him, a straight-shooter who doesn't put up with other people's bullshit or emotional garbage. I'm sure if he could have called certain members of my council idiots without getting fired, he would have. He had that look in his eyes when someone would say something stupid like "Boy, you're a f*****t."

The member of council who stabbed me in the back is a different story, but I can save that story for chat. Suffice to say, if this person ever becomes famous, I can tell you exactly when he'll be dying... :lol:

my vote is mrs camilla parker bowles....she would have to be one of the most hated women of this time adulteress destroyer of a royal family never mind destroying her own...2 sets of children have suffered through the evil misconduct of this woman.And i say Mrs Parker Bowles..as far as catholic law there is no divorce.charles will have to abdicate in favour for his son as his uncle did before him in favour of his brother...conduct unbecoming on both parts Charles has shown the world he is not fit to be King >In my opinion if his sons decline the throne then his sister Princess Anne would make perfect queen she reminds me of good queen Bess 1st. thats my say on the matter and mind u lots of others about time people had their say about the monarchy

There hasn't been an English king who engaged in a bit of wenching? Hard to fathom really.

my vote is mrs camilla parker bowles....she would have to be one of the most hated women of this time adulteress destroyer of a royal family never mind destroying her own...2 sets of children have suffered through the evil misconduct of this woman.And i say Mrs Parker Bowles..as far as catholic law there is no divorce.charles will have to abdicate in favour for his son as his uncle did before him in favour of his brother...conduct unbecoming on both parts Charles has shown the world he is not fit to be King >In my opinion if his sons decline the throne then his sister Princess Anne would make perfect queen she reminds me of good queen Bess 1st. thats my say on the matter and mind u lots of others about time people had their say about the monarchy

There hasn't been an English king who engaged in a bit of wenching? Hard to fathom really.

Well, a couple of them preferred men to women. Equal-opportunity wenching, I suppose.

The Chuckle Brothers. There is something very sinister about those two. I'm not sure what, but I don't like them.

:)

The Krankies- because they really spook me. What kind of perv gets his kicks from his wife dressing up as a schoolboy? :)

The Krankies- because they really spook me. What kind of perv gets his kicks from his wife dressing up as a schoolboy? :rolleyes:

What kind of guy marries a midget,puts her on stage & makes money from it ?

The Krankies- because they really spook me. What kind of perv gets his kicks from his wife dressing up as a schoolboy? :rolleyes:

A greedy one?

What kind of midget marries a guy, puts him on stage & makes money from it?

The scientific name for this is symbiosis: "the intimate living together of two dissimilar organisms in a mutually beneficial relationship"

The scientific name for this is symbiosis: "the intimate living together of two dissimilar organisms in a mutually beneficial relationship"

:lol:;):D

Mutual organisms take more practice I suppose.

:lol:;):D

Mutual organisms take more practice I suppose.

:D:D

The Chuckle Brothers. There is something very sinister about those two. I'm not sure what, but I don't like them.

:)

I was just browsing and came across this thread.

I totally agree with DDT and was, spookily, discussing the evil brothers with my sister yesterday. She has both on her list for 2007, claiming that she 'feels' they will die in a freak accident. :blink:

She assures me that she will have no part in the said ' accident ', and I really do believe her.

i have this mate who hates the chuckle brothers because they come from rotherham and are rotherham's celeb supporters (...), while he's from doncaster and a rovers fan. and yet... he looks almost exactly like them, just missing the 'tache.

it's easier to hate celebs and cultural types rather than politicians because the former are more in your face via the media, and therefore more irritating. f'rinstance, mugabe is probably in most people's top ten scum list, but i still find paul& heather mccartney and yoko MUCH more irritating because you can't open a paper or skim the cable channels without hitting something about them; same for the likes of britney, jude law, etc. you don't really get that with pinochet and their ilk. so i reckon the most hated is probably a no-mark celeb. look at the barrymore thread a while back, for example.

petty, aren't we?

by the by, it's true that hindley and carr are more reviled than brady and huntley - is that because, as women, the former are supposed to be beyond involvement in child killings because of their maternal instincts?

I must confess I feel slightly responsible for the rise of the Chuckle Brothers.

When I was about 6 we went to Rhyl and the then unknown Chuckle Brothers were playing at the local theatre. They were dreadful even to a six year old. There were only about 12 people in the whole of the audience and this pensioner kept laughing not at them at her friend. She had an infectious laugh and soon we were all laughing loudly with the result the Chuckle Brothers actually thought they were funny and continued to work.

I'm so sorry people.

Look, none of the above matters. When I stopped for twenty quid of Texaco petrol this morning the guy behind the counter pointed out they'd run out of the little round pictures of England footballers that come free with every ten quids worth. Bloody annoying since I'm careful to stop just after the ten, twenty or thirty quid.

What really hacked me off was this tosser's complete indifference to my hard effort to collect the set. It was just a; 'Sorry, we've run out for the time being.' I'm sure now I've explained the situation with such objectivity you all hate him too.

I'm sure now I've explained the situation with such objectivity you all hate him too.

Nope.

I personally think buying Texaco is wrong, just wrong. Sunooco now that's the gasoline to go with or Esso.

The best though is Sinclair....DSC01008.jpg

and they give away free dinosaurs too. :)

I like my heroes hideous, so - frankly - those dinosaurs don't begin to get me going when there is a portrait of Wayne Roony on offer with Texaco.

wayne - a man/boy shaped by testosterone and steak and kidney pies. a full figured chap who... sorry, getting carried away. but yes yes yes! at that moment, that idiot in the service station was the biggest tosser in the world - bugger dicatators (er), these are the things that rankle!

George W Bush,

Loathed and despised throughout the world.

It's screw off balloon heads such as you who make me love Georgie all the more. He is a fine man and a wonderful President, too bad your ignorance and desire to post 5 billion drivel posts keeps you from seeing it.

damnyankee.

if cousin bill was still president, things would be alot better.

the white house would be seeing alot more action, too.

Yea but what about Bob Geldoff?

he doesn't like mondays

That brings a new light on my hatred of Diana....

good grief, she's DEAD. give it a rest, already

Queen Elizabeth I had the "heart and stomach of a king" ... if that helps at all.

that she kept in a jar by the door

I know quite a lot of people with a pretty strong aversion to Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

Not sure why. :)

hyphenated last name.

I can't believe that after 7 pages there has been no mention of Paul McCartney. Elsewhere in DL he has been roundly excoriated.

So my nominations are:

Smug McCartney, his first wife (if she were still alive), his second wife and his equally smug daughter.

lay off the beatles. they were the greatest band in the history of the world. except maybe spinal tap.

I'm sure now I've explained the situation with such objectivity you all hate him too.

Nope.

I personally think buying Texaco is wrong, just wrong. Sunooco now that's the gasoline to go with or Esso.

The best though is Sinclair....DSC01008.jpg

and they give away free dinosaurs too. :blink:

how much is the gas in american money? if it's $1.65, i'm driving over to fill up.

Last time I checked the petrol price here it was 97.9 and 99.9.

And to thing the last petrol protests took place when it had only surpassed the 70p mark in 2000!

That was rather fun though - panic buying haha.

Returning to the original question, I think that Tony Blair and GWB are currently the most hated pair in the world as a whole currently, but they will soon fade. Bush in what - a couple of years? Blair? Weeks hopefully, months possibly, within the year - definitely.

That raises the question who has been the most hated of all time - measured by the number of people doing the hating at the time the person was alive? Enduring hatred down through the ages wins extra points.

I've plumped immediately for Hitler.

He was hated by the entire world apart from the Germans and Austrians (despite what they say) the Italians (reversed 1943), rather too many Ukranians, Lithuanians, Estonians and Latvians, some Hungarians, the Japanese (although they didn't really like him and he didn't really like them) - and not forgetting half of France. Finally of course we shouldn't forget Hitler's good friends, The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and most of the Arab world.

I think winter of 41/42 would probably by the nadir of his popularity. American had joined the war, Russia had been invaded and Poland was feeling the full force of Nazi terror. News reels, radio and the press of the time would have spread news of the war to almost the entire planet's population.

It would of course be fair to say that Hitler is not popular today.

If that idea doesn't appeal. I have two words for you.

Noel.

Edmonds.