Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

First dilemma of the year comes to the HPDP. So far Little Jimmy Dickens has a write up on USA Today web site, not sure that counts as within rule 2. "Or anywhere else Notapotato's heavily-prejudiced mind considers a reliable, respectable source of international news. In the event of disagreement as to the celebrity of any individual or the validity of an obituary, Notapotato's word is final."

NAP what do you think?

Guest Ken Adams

He also has write up on Yahoonews,UK ReutersUK,Daily Mail and in Usa foxnews,nbc,people,huffpo and rolling stone

Sure I've heard "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose" on UK radio before.

Spade, your name betrays an affinity with old school country above and beyond the interest of most people. I'm guessing you and I may be the only people hereabouts to have parted with cash in return for recordings of Spade Cooley, and - by the looks of your post - you've just confirmed that neither of us has done the same for Little Jimmy Dickens. I think on a busier news week his death wouldn't have snagged BBC coverage.

1st Leader Board.

Little Jimmy Dickens bucked the fear about a valid obit in short order. Left little comfort to those who steered clear and Estuarian Float made all the rest of us look like grade A dicks. Full marks and full bonus points on a unique hit.

1st - 70 points - Estuarian Float

=2nd - 0 points - Every other Tom, Dick and Harry...

What the dickens?

Heaven nose why?

Spade, your name betrays an affinity with old school country above and beyond the interest of most people. I'm guessing you and I may be the only people hereabouts to have parted with cash in return for recordings of Spade Cooley, and - by the looks of your post - you've just confirmed that neither of us has done the same for Little Jimmy Dickens. I think on a busier news week his death wouldn't have snagged BBC coverage.

Why the heck would anyone even do that in the first place?

Yeah well what are ya gonna do. ISIS ran out of people to behead. I could tell he was fucked but decided not to put him on due to my "never fuckin heard of him so I don't care" thing that stopped me putting Wilko Johnson on last year, cos I don't like having a team that looks just like everywun elses. Even though he had the funniest new (to me) name I've heard in a long time. And lo and behold all those teams that have no such qualms in DDP are ahead already but I don't mind.

Also I was gonna make a sarcastic suggestion about what ISIS should do to get more media attention but they'd probably do it for real so forget it.

50 points go to:

The Engineer

For finishing in 13th place

20 points go to the following teams:

Mr Potatoe's Heads

Grobler's Stiff Ones

Windsor

Madame Defarge

Godot

For not entering a team in 2014. (Praise of the none participants)

10 points go to the following teams:

Bert Trautmann

The Unknown Man

Dr Zorders

Banshees Scream

5 points go to the following teams:

CaptainChorizo

Estuarian Float

For entering a team without 1 or 2 substitutes and missing out on potential bonus scores.

And finally a bonus of unspecified size for one of the teams who had the most interesting and unusual team selection.

This year's award goes to DDT for his eclectic team of hard to polish off heavily based heavily religious "celebrities" 5 points for each team member still standing, (35 points awarded)

1st - 183 point - Estuarian Float

2nd - 161 points - STAB in the DARK

3rd - 150 points - Toast

4th - 148 points - Maryportfuncity

5th - 142 points - CaptainChorizo

6th - 126 points - DDT

=7th - 121 points - Death Impends

=7th - 121 points - the_engineer

9th - 90 points - Bert Trautmann

10th - 86 points - time

11th - 85 points - NagsHeadReading

12th - 81 points - LFN

14th - 75 points - Hein

15th - 66 points - The Unknown Man

=16th - 50 points - Dead Cow

=16th - 50 points - Dr Zorders

18th - 43 points - Deathray

=19th - 20 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

=19th - 20 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

=19th - 20 points - Windsor

=19th - 20 points - Madame Defarge

=19th - 20 points - Godot

24th - 19 points - Banshees Scream

25th - 14 points - msc

26th - 0 points - Tick Tock

So it gives me great pleasure to announce that, with 183 points, Estuarian Float is the winner of the 2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Yay! Thank you! :) It was fun

Hey ES I forgot to say well done for winning, will you be staging the KDDP again this year, or thinking about it? I thought it was fun (well I would), but if you put up a better reminder (i.e. a week before instead of a day before!) you might get more entrants showing up this time.

Thanks. And I don't think so. You could takeover if you'd like.

50 points go to:

The Engineer

For finishing in 13th place

20 points go to the following teams:

Mr Potatoe's Heads

Grobler's Stiff Ones

Windsor

Madame Defarge

Godot

For not entering a team in 2014. (Praise of the none participants)

10 points go to the following teams:

Bert Trautmann

The Unknown Man

Dr Zorders

Banshees Scream

5 points go to the following teams:

CaptainChorizo

Estuarian Float

For entering a team without 1 or 2 substitutes and missing out on potential bonus scores.

And finally a bonus of unspecified size for one of the teams who had the most interesting and unusual team selection.

This year's award goes to DDT for his eclectic team of hard to polish off heavily based heavily religious "celebrities" 5 points for each team member still standing, (35 points awarded)

1st - 183 point - Estuarian Float

2nd - 161 points - STAB in the DARK

3rd - 150 points - Toast

4th - 148 points - Maryportfuncity

5th - 142 points - CaptainChorizo

6th - 126 points - DDT

=7th - 121 points - Death Impends

=7th - 121 points - the_engineer

9th - 90 points - Bert Trautmann

10th - 86 points - time

11th - 85 points - NagsHeadReading

12th - 81 points - LFN

14th - 75 points - Hein

15th - 66 points - The Unknown Man

=16th - 50 points - Dead Cow

=16th - 50 points - Dr Zorders

18th - 43 points - Deathray

=19th - 20 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

=19th - 20 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

=19th - 20 points - Windsor

=19th - 20 points - Madame Defarge

=19th - 20 points - Godot

24th - 19 points - Banshees Scream

25th - 14 points - msc

26th - 0 points - Tick Tock

So it gives me great pleasure to announce that, with 183 points, Estuarian Float is the winner of the 2014 Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Yay! Thank you! :) It was fun

Hey ES I forgot to say well done for winning, will you be staging the KDDP again this year, or thinking about it? I thought it was fun (well I would), but if you put up a better reminder (i.e. a week before instead of a day before!) you might get more entrants showing up this time.

Thanks. And I don't think so. You could takeover if you'd like.

LOL. That's literally the first time I have ever enjoyed/vaguely understood horsey stuff in my life. So, um no probably not. I guess I could try and get one of the Britfucks here to do a Grand National Deadpool.

I'm late but I hope that doesn't matter. If for some reason not I'll just have the same team as last year and I'll edit this later tonight with a change or a few so it should be an extravaganza.

I'm late but I hope that doesn't matter. If for some reason not I'll just have the same team as last year and I'll edit this later tonight with a change or a few so it should be an extravaganza.

You can enter any time of the year, but those you pick must be alive for at least 36 hours before they are a valid countable hit.

So hanging on a valid obit for Stuart Scott, of course I've never heard of him before but by all accounts one must be on the cards. So I guess CaptainChorizo should be a lock to secure an early 2nd place. 35 basic points and a further 14 bonus points in the balance.

And I've found one on the NYTimes.

2nd Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 49 points - CaptainChorizo

=3rd - 0 points - Everyone else

So, given the late entry rules and the like, is there a team about to arrive with Hayat Boumedienne at #1? The one on the left obviously, and newly single, but arranging a first date for "sometime next week" might be a bit ambitious where she's concerned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-30759008

_80176760_80176625.jpg

• Like 1

Ethel Lang died during the week and Maryport had her as a unique hit. 40 standard points and 16 bonus points.

3rd Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 56 points - Maryportfuncity

3rd 49 points - CaptainChorizo

=4th - 0 points - Everyone else

Ethel Lang died during the week and Maryport had her as a unique hit. 40 standard points and 16 bonus points.

3rd Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 56 points - Maryportfuncity

3rd 49 points - CaptainChorizo

=4th - 0 points - Everyone else

Ali, I PM'ed you my team on New Year's Eve and Ethel Lang was number one on it; please can you check? Thanks.

Sorry Time, I dropped the ball on this. Great call and you maximised the early points hit.

3rd (revised) Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

3rd - 49 points - CaptainChorizo

4th - 40 points - Maryport

=5th - 0 points - Everyone else

• Like 1

Surprised it was only two of us had Lang. I noticed the national news are celebrating the 112th birthday of her successor today.

Tick Tock had Leon Brittan as a sub so he lands a cold hearted 25 tory points.

4th Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

5th - 25 points - Tick Tock

=6th - 0 points - Everyone else

wtf? how do you get so many points for a sub? If they arent on the list of 10 then how do they....... This game is bafflin.

oh well.

LFN, you have this knack of landing your first hit of the year from bottom of your list, you have shot your own foot again with the demise of Louis Jourdan, 5 consilatory points plus 2 for the uniqueness of your villainy hit.

5th Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

6th - 7 points - LFN

=7th - 0 points - Everyone else

Do I get some points for Richard von Weizsäcker, even tough I picked him as No.5 (but the died as the first from my team)? Points would be very nice :D

LFN, you have this knack of landing your first hit of the year from bottom of your list, you have shot your own foot again with the demise of Louis Jourdan, 5 consilatory points plus 2 for the uniqueness of your villainy hit.

5th Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

6th - 7 points - LFN

How unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 measley points for managing to get my first hit from the bottom of my list TWO years on the trot!!!!

That's a unique skill R.A, I would have expected an additional bonus for managing to do that!!! :D

5th Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

6th - 7 points - LFN

Thanks RA. I had Kim Fowley as my second sub - does that score me anything? :scratchhead:

sorry guys - falling down on the job - 30 basic and 12 bonus points to Book for Richard von Weizsaker and 25 points to DDT for Kim Fowley (never heard of him!) still, and he is...

6th Leader Board - 2015

2nd - 50 points - time

4th - 42 points - Book

5th - 40 points - Maryport

=6th - 25 points - Tick Tock

=6th - 25 points - DDT

8th - 7.007 points - LFN, you asked for it...

=9th - 0 points - Everyone else

• Like 2