Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Time to add more points. This time for time. Al Molinaro's time was up. Unique hit. 20 points plus 8 bonus points (unless he was on Hollywood Squares a time or two)

30th leader board - 2015

1st - 185 points - Captain Chorizo

2nd - 169 points - Death Impends

3rd - 162 points - Dr Zorders

4th - 152 points - time

5th - 135 points - Estuarian Float

6th - 133 points - Book

7th - 125 points - gcreptile

8th - 122 points - DDT

9th - 90 points - Eesti

10th - 87 points - Toast

=11th - 85 points - Maryport

=11th - 85 points - the_engineer

13th - 77 points - Banshees Scream

14th - 72 points - Hein

15th - 70 points - STAB in the DARK

16th - 54.007 points - LFN

17th - 53 points - Tick Tock

=18th - 50 points - Shaun of the Dead

=18th - 50 points - the Unknown Man

20th - 30 points - msc

21st - 10 points - YoungWillz

22nd - 0 points - Deathray

Thanks RA, didn't even remeber he was in the squad!

I assume there will be a 2016 competition, RA? If so, when would you like entries to start? I have a team ready to go.

Yeah, and I have plenty survivors to roll over - ensuring selection for 2016 will be a five minute job.

You doin' this again?

Sure would like to. However it's a shame there has been too little action of late in the current game. But I'll do a few wrap up posts to confirm the entries and scores are all correct first from 2015.

I'll draw up my list for the 2016 game then send it to NAP.

Then, I'll let you guys know my list is locked down and you can start to submit lists via PM or this thread (especially) late on New Year's Eve.

Cut off time will be 10am GMT New Year's Day for 10 name lists (+2 subs please). If anyone wants to enter later during the year, then only 9 persons (and no subs) can be named on any late submitted list thereafter. With the top position allocating 45 points, not the standard 50 points.

• Like 3

Sure would like to. However it's a shame there has been too little action of late in the current game. But I'll do a few wrap up posts to confirm the entries and scores are all correct first from 2015.

Then, I'll let you guys know my list is locked down and you can start to submit lists via PM or this thread (especially) late on New Year's Eve.

Cut off time will be 10am GMT New Year's Day for 10 name lists (+2 subs please). If anyone wants to enter later during the year, then only 9 persons (and no subs) can be named on any late submitted list thereafter. With the top position allocating 45 points, not the standard 50 points.

Assuming anyone is partying hard and starting early on New Year's Eve - could a PM with a team of ten topplers and two subs be submitted earlier?

Indeed, a real shame that the relevant celebrity deaths were almost completely frontloaded this year. Most of the interesting DDP action happened in the first 5 months. I might even win the Hare's Death Pool with only 6 hits if I have one more death this year. Because even though other teams have had more hits, mine came relatively late ( I'm waiting for my lung cancer stricken joker to die any day now. He gave his farewell stage appearance in September.). I'm also really surprised my picks Prince Mikasa and Peter Vaughan haven't died yet. Either one would also give me the win because my picks 1 and 2 were well-chosen. And to win with only 3 hits out of candidates also tells me that the celebrity death guessing game ran out of steam pretty dramatically after May. I think the "good but not great" picks like Tony Booth, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Billy Graham and the like, that whole group underperformed.

Edit: Ha, Jimmy Hill is exactly one of those "good, but not great" picks!

Well I picked Jimmy Hill, just mentioning it, like..

Over the Hill and far away, he's done his final Jimmy riddle... Not unique for LFN 'cus Hein also had him. 20 points to LFN, 15 points to Hein. No bonus points (unless you know otherwise)

31st leader board - 2015

4th - 152 points - time

6th - 133 points - Book

8th - 122 points - DDT

9th - 90 points - Eesti

=10th - 87 points - Toast

=10th - 87 points - Hein

=12th - 85 points - Maryport

=12th - 85 points - the_engineer

14th - 77 points - Banshees Scream

15th - 74.007 points - LFN

16th - 70 points - STAB in the DARK

17th - 53 points - Tick Tock

20th - 30 points - msc

As for submitting the 2016 teams. Anyone doing so before noon GMT on the 26th of December may face exclusion from the contest.

I had Jimmy Hill as well.

Although it will not make a lot of difference to the leader board.

Still a few days left yet

Sorry, yes you did. 35 points to Tick Tock.

31st (& revised) leader board - 2015

4th - 152 points - time

6th - 133 points - Book

8th - 122 points - DDT

9th - 90 points - Eesti

10th - 88 points - Tick Tock

=11th - 87 points - Toast

=11th - 87 points - Hein

=13th - 85 points - Maryport

=13th - 85 points - the_engineer

15th - 77 points - Banshees Scream

16th - 74.007 points - LFN

17th - 70 points - STAB in the DARK

20th - 30 points - msc

Guest IsFidelDead

5. Anyone selecting tender-aged sufferers of terminal diseases or anyone under sentence of death or highly likely to be sentenced to death at the start of the year will be summarily ridiculed and very likely penalised in an arbitrary and unpleasant way should their candidates actually die or be killed.

Re-posted rules.

So if Justin Bieber gets diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, I choose him, and he dies, I will be penalized?

No. He is, by al accounts 21 years of age. The above rule is to tie-into not having sick children being picked. So, let's not empress that anyone should drop in picks below the age of 18 years of age please.

No. He is, by al accounts 21 years of age. The above rule is to tie-into not having sick children being picked. So, let's not empress that anyone should drop in picks below the age of 18 years of age please.

Given that among all over DPs a standard convention of no under 18s has been adopted should the rules to this not follow suit an categorically limit picks to over 18 years old.

Up to you. The rules currently allow for kids to be on the list. Entrants who pick those who are "under age" are thus due the cruel ridicule to which they are bound to amass. Your call...

Given that among all over DPs a standard convention of no under 18s has been adopted should the rules to this not follow suit an categorically limit picks to over 18 years old.

Just ROFLMFAO at the words "standard convention" being associated with the Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Just ROFLMFAO at the words "standard convention" being associated with the Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Im still working on 'empress'

SC

I'm assuming I can go ahead and post my team if I want? I'm likely to be partying on NYE at a friend's and unlikely to be home until well into NYD.

My list is picked and confirmed to NAP, for safe keeping and to be totally above board and not benefiting untowardly from your input. I would still advise you to leave it till the end of the year to finalize your entry. But, if you want it to remain undisclosed till New Years Day then please feel free to message me your list of 10 names and 2 subs, for an assured guarantied entry.

Sure thing RA, I'm not really bothered as I'm unlikely to pick winners anyway. I'll PM my team over to you, then it's done and out the way.

Thanks.

Edit: Sent to you and hopefully received. I'll put it up on the thread early as I can January. Cheers. Look forward to participating!

Time to run out the clock and start flopping in front of the ref so I can hold onto this lead.

Shaun of The Deads House of Fun 2016:

1)Joey Feek

2)Martin Crowe

3)Howard Marks

4)Tony Booth(actor)

5)Leslie Phillips

6)Helmut Kohl

7)João Havelange

8)Colin Dexter

9)Billy Graham

10)Zsa Zsa Gabor

Subs:

1)George H.W Bush

2)King Bhumibol Adulyadej

Aye, yon'll be reet:

Ten Stiff Bowling 2016

1. Joey Feek
  2. Rene Angelil
  3. Martin Crowe
  4. Dr Kate Granger
  5. Glen Campbell
  6. Jenny Diski
  7. Bobbie Heine Miller
  8. Zsa Zsa Gabor
  9. Billy Graham
  10. Louise Sherry

Sub's bench - King Bhumibol Adulyadej

The Unknown Man's Library of Terror 2016:

1. Joey Feek

2. Rene Angelil

3. Howard Marks

4. Martin Crowe

5. Javier Perez de Cuellar

6. Zsa Zsa Gabor

7. Billy Graham

8. Valerie Harper

9. Fidel Castro

10. Gloria DeHaven

Subs:

1. King Bhumibol Adulyadej

2. Glen Campbell

In case I forget later in the week. (After all, tradition here, the Hartlepool Deadlypool was the first deadpool I ever took part in...)

Pan Breed's team

1. Joanne Woodward

2. Glen Campbell

3. Jimmy Carter

4. Johan Cruyff

5. Fernando Ricksen

6. Aki Hintsa

7. Richard Smith (former BMJ editor)

8. Kris Travis

9. Sumner Redstone

10. Gordon Banks

subs