Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok, now I'm confused by this post, so let me know what you think.

Now, does this mean that 78 year old Pat Garwood, who played Beryl Crabtree in No Place Like Home, has died (one of her kids posting on her account), or does it mean that her mother has died?

Maybe we'll have to wait for William Gaunt to come in or other information....

Doing a bit of digging and assuming her parents were married, her mother's maiden name was definitely Deane and there's only one record of a marriage between Deane and Garwood from 1900 to 1983; that being Phyllis D Deane and Montague F Garwood

Montague was born in Exeter, just down the road from where Pat was born. It looks like it's Pat herself that has died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Doing a bit of digging and assuming her parents were married, her mother's maiden name was definitely Deane and there's only one record of a marriage between Deane and Garwood from 1900 to 1983; that being Phyllis D Deane and Montague F Garwood

Montague was born in Exeter, just down the road from where Pat was born. It looks like it's Pat herself that has died.

Cheers!

Sad news, I used to watch No Place Like Home all the time. RIP.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:15, Cat O'Falk said:

It is true.

Non-Hodgkins lymphoma according to her bio on her website. Forgot the link, here it is: http://patgarwood.com/about/

Once again, RIP Patricia Garwood.

• Sad 1

On 01/03/2019 at 00:07, YoungWillz said:

Ok, now I'm confused by this post, so let me know what you think.

Now, does this mean that 78 year old Pat Garwood, who played Beryl Crabtree in No Place Like Home, has died (one of her kids posting on her account), or does it mean that her mother has died?

Maybe we'll have to wait for William Gaunt to come in or other information....

I generally go on the tense of the first verb in the wikipedia entry. According to that, she's alive.

Capture.PNG

Just now, millwall32 said:

I generally go on the tense of the first verb in the wikipedia entry. According to that, she's alive.

Capture.PNG

Scroll up, she dead.

Nah mate. The tense of the first verb on the wikipedia page is the only way to tell .
More reliable than a coroner's report most of the time. 

• Haha 1

Jeanne Mockford turns 93 this year. Played the fortune teller in 'Up Pompei' and had guest appearances in a slew of sitcoms including LOTSW and 'My Hero'. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Mockford

27 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Jeanne Mockford turns 93 this year. Played the fortune teller in 'Up Pompei' and had guest appearances in a slew of sitcoms including LOTSW and 'My Hero'. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Mockford

Thought she died last year?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, charon said:

Thought she died last year?

Just seen the older posts on her. Did an obit ever come through?

Sadly not.

Her agent tweeted it but never thought to get it in the press, which is disappointing.