maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

BBC reporting Steve Strange has faded to grey.

That was the exact line I posted elsewhere. RIP he will be missed.

SC

Though not on this website.

Aww, now who will be the "Sorcerer Supreme"? ;)

BBC reporting Steve Strange has faded to grey.

That was the exact line I posted elsewhere. RIP he will be missed.

SC

Though not on this website.

Correct. I try not to double up. That said I still say ALL deaths should go under the 'dead of 2015' forum, or what is it's particular function? Anyway I meant elsewhere on the internet.

SC

One of the posters on the wee footy forum I frequent has came up with this tale of Steve Strange holding a party, him and his mate, and The Associates.

Kinda cool linking together yarn.

one of my closest friends was the brother of alan rankine of the associates.

we went down to visit alan and bill when they were recording "sulk" in playground studios.

i think it was in camden.

mike hedges was producing the record if memory serves.

anyway, when we got there they were working on a song called "i never will" but they were kinda stuck.

anyway after a lot of drink and substances were consumed we got a taxi and set out to a party in steve stranges flat.

he was dressed as andy pandy.

it was a full on new romantic party with two leather jacketed hairy big bearded hippies amongst them.

after about twenty minutes steve lurched towards us and said "billy alan - you guys can stay but your friends need to go - they're freaking everybody out"

so we all left.

couple of days later bill changed the name of "i never will" and they recorded it that day.

the new title?

"party fears two".

that's the story!

• Like 4

Sam Houston, guitarist with Janis Joplin's band Big Brother and the Holding Company, is currently in very perilous health, having experienced a multitude of medical difficulties in recent months.

Sam-Andrew-Janis-Joplin-300x196.jpg

Sam died peacefully on Feb 12th.

Sam Houston, guitarist with Janis Joplin's band Big Brother and the Holding Company, is currently in very perilous health, having experienced a multitude of medical difficulties in recent months.

Sam died peacefully on Feb 12th.

Now he's dead can I point out his name was actually Sam Andrew? Sam Houston was an American patriot back in the powdered wig days or something...

Also apparently he died after complications of open heart surgery. Y'know, as opposed to closed heart surgery where you operate on it without opening anything up? :huh:

Too many cheap thrills?

Sam HOUSTON?!! Musta been at the Alamo. At least he's in perilous health cuz Sam ANDREWS is worse off. He's dead.

Sir C

Too many cheap thrills?

Sam HOUSTON?!! Musta been at the Alamo. At least he's in perilous health cuz Sam ANDREWS is worse off. He's dead.

Sir C

Sam Houston Andrew III to give him his full name.

nice one. I was going to say 'It's my partly (decomposed body)' but it doesn't really work as well as yours
No, yours is simply disgusting.

OTOH, Cooley's pun was phenomenal, I would have "liked" it, if I wasn't devastated by the news. She was fairly young and I really liked that song. Oh well... :(

Ugh! Well, plenty of jokes to be had. Sorry for repost.

SC

nice one. I was going to say 'It's my partly (decomposed body)' but it doesn't really work as well as yours

You guys could have combined your puns, like "It's my body and I'll die if I want to".

Oscar would have been proud.

You guys could have combined your puns, like "It's my body and I'll die if I want to".

I ...think... you're talking about Oscar Wilde. But I don't know what it alludes to.

I ...think... you're talking about Oscar Wilde. But I don't know what it alludes to.

Your repartee. Such as here.

It's Lesley Gore's funeral and she'll cry.....no she won't

SC

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/58503-its-my-party-singer-lesley-gore-has-died/

I used to sit alone in my room and cry listening to that song on the radio thinking about all the parties I was never invited to. Bit ironic really...

Are you a lesbian too?