maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

It's Lesley Gore's funeral and she'll cry.....no she won't

SC

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/58503-its-my-party-singer-lesley-gore-has-died/

I used to sit alone in my room and cry listening to that song on the radio thinking about all the parties I was never invited to. Bit ironic really...

Are you a lesbian too?

are males allowed to be lesbians? :scratchhead:

You used the word ironic to mean coincidence (the most popular misuse of the word). I was enquiring if this coincidence extended to you being a lesbian, as Gore was.

In answer to your question, are males allowed to be lesbians, I find it depends upon the company of the gentlemen one keeps.

SC

I used to sit alone in my room and cry listening to that song on the radio thinking about all the parties I was never invited to. Bit ironic really...

Are you a lesbian too?

You used the word ironic to mean coincidence (the most popular misuse of the word).

It's like raaaaaiiiiinnn, on your wedding day...

• Like 1

SC

Are you a lesbian too?

You used the word ironic to mean coincidence (the most popular misuse of the word). I was enquiring if this coincidence extended to you being a lesbian, as Gore was.

In answer to your question, are males allowed to be lesbians, I find it depends upon the company of the gentlemen one keeps.

I know some men who claim that they're lesbians trapped in a man's body.

Although strangely enough, I know of one guy who underwent a sex change to become a woman and she is a lesbian.

And there's a couple who started off as being a lesbian couple, the younger of the two women then decided that she identified more with being a man. This was also after a couple of failed attempts to become pregnant via IVF.

Confused? you won't be after this week's episode...

SC

Are you a lesbian too?

Although strangely enough, I know of one guy who underwent a sex change to become a woman and she is a lesbian.

And there's a couple who started off as being a lesbian couple, the younger of the two women then decided that she identified more with being a man. This was also after a couple of failed attempts to become pregnant via IVF.

OF SOAP! lol. I must dig it out and watch it again.

I've encountered a few over the years. I like to think there are eight permutations from:

Body: Male or Female

Brain: Male or Female

Orientation: Gay or Straight

SC

Are you a lesbian too?

OF SOAP! lol. I must dig it out and watch it again.

I've encountered a few over the years. I like to think there are eight permutations from:

Orientation: Gay or Straight

Where do you get the 8 permutations from? I can only find 6

Orientation: Gay or Straigh

Body Brain Orientation

m m g

m m s

m f g

m f s

Repeat for Body = f

Orientation: Gay or Straigh

Body Brain Orientation

m m g

m m s

m f g

m f s

Repeat for Body = f

ok I see it, I missed out 2

2x2x2 =8

Though through androgynous into the mix....

2x2x2 =8

Though through androgynous into the mix....

Yeah right. I don't think that "body" and "orientation" are pure binary variables.

What about the truly asexual people or the zoophiles/bisexuals/narcissism? And the hermaphrodites, born with both female and male genitals?

This classification scheme seems way too restrictive...

Edited by GossipGabe

Just heard from a friend of mine that Mike Hudson, lead vocalist for The Pagans was involved in a car crash a couple of weeks ago and is in a stable but serious condition.

Just heard from a friend of mine that Mike Hudson, lead vocalist for The Pagans was involved in a car crash a couple of weeks ago and is in a stable but serious condition.

Looks like he's struggling to pay the bills.

Mike Hudson Benefit Concert.

• Like 1

I don't think we need to worry about afroman anytime soon :D , he's in fighting shape..

http://youtu.be/SJ2u94YaDK0

What bills? Guy JUST got in an accident and they have a benefit concert lined up? This whole thing is odd.

SC

What bills? Guy JUST got in an accident and they have a benefit concert lined up? This whole thing is odd.

SC

Don't you guys have to pay for hospital care?

It's hardly Madison Square Garden; it's in a bar in L.A. and the concert will be between five and nine weeks since the crash.

SC

Don't you guys have to pay for hospital care?

It's hardly Madison Square Garden; it's in a bar in L.A. and the concert will be between five and nine weeks since the crash.

Yes, unfortunately even if you have health insurance you still get hit with a hefty hospital bill.

It pisses me off that a lot of people here are opposed to a single payer system for health care. But you spend about 10% of your annual salary on health insurance for your entire family anyway, but when you go to the doctors you have to pay a co-pay (which is usually about $25), your insurance company will only pay about half the cost for the treatment and then on top of that you've also got to pay for any medication that you're prescribed. It's not a static cost, so the amount varies depending on the medication.

Frankie Rodriguez, keyboardist for Question Mark and The Mysterians is currently recovering in hospital after undergoing open heart surgery. He's expected to make a full recovery - well as near as full as you can after heart surgery.

Claiming to be a male, Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickenson had chemo etc for cancer of the tongue.

SC

http://m.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-02-19/bruce-dickinson-iron-maiden-completes-cancer-treatment/?xrs=CLASS_1pm

And you only need to look at the post above yours to see that it was posted 14 hours earlier

• Like 1

Claiming to be a male, Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickenson had chemo etc for cancer of the tongue.

SChttp://m.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-02-19/bruce-dickinson-iron-maiden-completes-cancer-treatment/?xrs=CLASS_1pm

And you only need to look at the post above yours to see that it was posted 14 hours earlier

Haha.

So long as you understand when I 'complain' I'm only mocking those that do and mean it.

I'll just let it go... CuZ I couldn't care less if we post 10x but I DO care if we miss an obit altogether.

SC

SChttp://m.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-02-19/bruce-dickinson-iron-maiden-completes-cancer-treatment/?xrs=CLASS_1pm

Haha.

So long as you understand when I 'complain' I'm only mocking those that do and mean it.

I'll just let it go... CuZ I couldn't care less if we post 10x but I DO care if we miss an obit altogether.

SC

Thereby creating 10 possible discussions over a potential 10 threads and making us search to find what's being said about the deceased, instead of one discussion in one thread. You posted previously that you would do a search in future; you did clearly not on this occasion. I'm new here on this British site and you guys are gonna change and do this the American way.

Edit: Apologies to newbie Buried In Carolina who seems to be a thoroughly decent chap.