Godot

A Famous Belgian

Former prime minister Leo Tindemans Dead at 92 years.

Former prime minister Leo Tindemans Dead at 92 years.

Shit, wrong former PM. Again.

regards,

Hein

According to news reports he was traveling with other players, lying down on the back seat. The Volkswagen Touareg skidded in rainy and windy weather, careered over the catch barrier and rolled over. Malanda who was not wearing his seatbelt, flew through the wind shield and was pronounced dead at the scene. Two other occupants of the car were severely injured. One of the other occupants is Anthony D'Alberto, a U21 defender of RSCA Anderlecht.

B7Apcj0IEAAKHcq.jpg

Those of us who had come to the conclusion that we'd wasted a DDP pick on Frank van den Bleeken may take heed from this interview with his sister, that says he's still seeking euthanasia. I'd have thought we'd probably still need to go through at least two court battles before he can leave this mortal coil, but I'd still make him a 50/50 shot to go this year.

Can our Belgian community on here tell us if this story is big over there or is it just something we've latched on to because it involves a potential stiff?

As I understand it, this situation can be resolved by finding a physician willing to the deed. I know euthanasia is a touchy subject in Roman Catholic circles, and the church still has some oomph in Belgium, but I don't quite see the problem.

regards,

Hein

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20141205_01413977-Queen Fabiola of Belgium dead at 86.

I just read in the news that King Albert and Queen Paola must resend 150 cards in which they express gratitude for condolences at Queen Fabiola's death. The original card stated Queen Paola's death as the occasion.

B9B2InOIgAA9ZED.jpg

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20141205_01413977-Queen Fabiola of Belgium dead at 86.

I just read in the news that King Albert and Queen Paola must resend 150 cards in which they express gratitude for condolences at Queen Fabiola's death. The original card stated Queen Paola's death as the occasion.

B9B2InOIgAA9ZED.jpg

regards,

Hein

The dangers of copy and paste.

Belgian cyclist Claude Criquielion died last Wednesday, says Belgian newspaper De Standaard. He was 1984 World Road Race Champion and had five top-ten finishes in the Tour de France. He died from a stroke, aged 58.

regards,

Hein

The Netherlands is refusing to accept Big Bad Frank within its borders, which was part of the reasoning behind not letting him end it all in the first place. This one's gonna run and run in a pretty tedious manner I think.

Might be on a hunger strike, might just be dicking about. Still not been transferred to the Netherlands, still wants to die. Maybe he can just convince the Belgian government that he's Congolese and then they'll body him instantly?

As I understand it, this situation can be resolved by finding a physician willing to the deed. I know euthanasia is a touchy subject in Roman Catholic circles, and the church still has some oomph in Belgium, but I don't quite see the problem.

regards,

Hein

So, if anyone posting here is also a doctor who could legally practice in Belgium...

Miserable Fat Belgian Bastards

Miserable Fat Belgian Bastards

I just ignore this thread.

B9B2InOIgAA9ZED.jpg

regards,

Hein

Might have been a premonition, now the Queen has been ordered to take a complete rest: http://brusselstimes.com/belgium/3955/queen-paola-ordered-to-take-a-period-of-total-rest-palace

• Like 1

Lolo Ferrari in 2000, Eddy Wally just 16 years later... time for a Curse of Eurotrash thread?

(answer: no)

• Like 1