Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

Guest jon
He should have died on the gallows decades ago, the man was a terrorist who advocated violent struggle, he is no Gandhi

He may have mellowed in his old age but to me he is nothing more than the black Gerry Adams

Even in presidency he oversaw the massive spread of AIDS and did not sack Zuma when Zuma said taking a shower prevents AIDS, he was also a communist and someone who was close friends with the likes of Mugabe, Saddam Hussein and others

I for one will not shed a single tear, PW Botha/Vorster should have had him swinging from the gallows like any other terrorist

talk about being on the wrong side of history!

him or you?

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist - no question

New pics - new story. Looks well, but unable to go to a polling station to vote in Monday's election. Article emphasizes this is the first time he's been seen "publicly" since last summer's FIFA World Cup.

New pics - new story. Looks well, but unable to go to a polling station to vote in Monday's election. Article emphasizes this is the first time he's been seen "publicly" since last summer's FIFA World Cup.

Able to fly home for a visit, but with medical team in tow.

Don't think he looks too well at all. Saw a recent clip on tv of him shaking hands with someone. After the shaking was completed his right arm from the elbow downwards whipped back across his chest. Seems to have lost motor co-ordination of this limb.

Not too long to go now.

One of the key figures of the anti apartheid campaign and close friend of Nelson Mandela Arthur Goldreich has died at 82.

It looks like Nelson Mandela could be in his final days.Preparations are being made for his funeral

It looks like Nelson Mandela could be in his final days.Preparations are being made for his funeral

I shall probably regret asking, but where are the references to preparations for Mandela's funeral?

Albertina Sisulu ,widow of ANC legend Walter Sisulu and freedom fighter in her own right, has died at 92.Virtually all of Mandelas old friends and colleagues from the anti apartheid days are gone now.I have a feeling he will be joining them soon though :angry:

In the clearest possibl.e sign of how seriously ill he must be Nelson Mandela failed to attend the funeral of Albertina Sisulu today.

In the clearest possibl.e sign of how seriously ill he must be Nelson Mandela failed to attend the funeral of Albertina Sisulu today.

It doesn't mean he's ill. Maybe he didn't like him and didn't want to go to his funeral.

It doesn't mean he's ill. Maybe he didn't like him and didn't want to go to his funeral.

Also when one is as old and frail as Mandela they often don't have the energy for such things, especially if there is a lot of travel involved

First of all, Albertina Sisulu was a woman not a man. Secondly, Nelson and Albertina were the best of friends, esp. after the death of her husband. Know what I mean. :P

Anyway, if it's true that he didn't attend because he's too upset, it will be interesting to see what effect it will have on his health. Often elderly people die shortly after the death of a close friend or spouse, as you know.

Anyway, if it's true that he didn't attend because he's too upset, it will be interesting to see what effect it will have on his health. Often elderly people die shortly after the death of a close friend or spouse, as you know.

It said on the World Service he was too frail to attend.

I have a very strong feeling he will depart this moral coil very soon,maybe within weeks.I had the same feeling about Michael Foot in the weeks before his death

I have a very strong feeling he will depart this moral coil very soon,maybe within weeks.I had the same feeling about Michael Foot in the weeks before his death

You had that same feeling about Michael Foot for 4 years...before he died aged 96.

I have a very strong feeling that Mandela will depart 'this mortal coil' very soon too. Mainly because he is 92 and frail...hardly a breathtaking prediction.

Is he going to kill someone? :P

People had that feeling about Foot for ages. He was 97, bound to go at some point. (The same can be said for Claude Levi-Strauss!)

The only news about Mandela's health as of now is that he is a frail 93 year old, and that isn't news in itself. Like how Christopher Lees appearance at the BAFTAs doesn't mean he is going to drop dead this year, it just meant he is nearly 90!

Is he going to kill someone? :o

I thought he already had... :ninja:

Nelson Mandela was here in Central Massachusetts in May, speaking at St. John's School in Shrewsbury- seemed to be in pretty good shape... check this out from You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthtyZSzhtI

Hmm, Madiba looks remarkably like Archbishop Tutu lately.

regards,

Hein

Holy shit!!!!! Twins separated at birth?

Nelson Mandela was here in Central Massachusetts in May, speaking at St. John's School in Shrewsbury- seemed to be in pretty good shape... check this out from You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthtyZSzhtI

Nelson Mandela is too frail to even leave his house these days.It took all his strength just to have a short meeting with Michelle Obama recently.He will never travel outside South Africa again.Sadly I doubt the great man has more than a few months left to live

Hmm, Madiba looks remarkably like Archbishop Tutu lately.

regards,

Hein

Sorry about you are right- it WAS Bishop Tutu! I guess I'm having one of my stupid days!

Tomorrow is Nelson Mandelas 93rd birthday.Jim Callaghan died the day before his 93rd birthday.So if Nelson sur vives today he will have lived longer than every British Prime Minister.Another ex PM Ted Heath died 6 years ago today.sunday july 17,2005.Isn't that a wierd coincidence!

Tomorrow is Nelson Mandelas 93rd birthday.Jim Callaghan died the day before his 93rd birthday.So if Nelson sur vives today he will have lived longer than every British Prime Minister.Another ex PM Ted Heath died 6 years ago today.sunday july 17,2005.Isn't that a wierd coincidence!

No!