football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Also Toots Thielmans,worked with Quincy Jones/Ella Fitzgerald.Had a major stroke.Prime candidate!

Great work Dildo but could it go perhaps in the famous Belgians thread so this thread can stay nice and random. Just trying to do a bit of gentle housekeeping.

Guest Guest_wendyladi98

pardon me if this is old news but a few days ago Gordon B. Hinckley was hospitalized. They won't say for what but that it is a routine proceedure...oh well, at 95 you can't be too careful. Will this be a near miss or will he hold out to be a 2007 hopeful?

pardon me if this is old news but a few days ago Gordon B. Hinckley was hospitalized. They won't say for what but that it is a routine proceedure...oh well, at 95 you can't be too careful. Will this be a near miss or will he hold out to be a 2007 hopeful?

Hmm... according to the Wikipedia entry, he was in surgery to remove a cancerous growth. At his age, it's hard to tell if that's a false alarm or not.

Good spot guest, I'd say we should keep and eye out on this one and see how recovery goes...

Nice outside bet for 2007. Freddie Starr.b 01-09-44.(the american way)!!History of alcohol/drug abuse,mental problems,just seen him on Wogan vastly overweight,all the right ingredients.

I think Gabriel Garcia Marquez still has a couple more years left in him

How about Alexander Solzhenitsyn, even though he's experiencing a brief high with one of his books translated onto the big screen he's about the same age as Marquez but he hasn't had that much of a cushy life

I think Gabriel Garcia Marquez still has a couple more years left in him

How about Alexander Solzhenitsyn, even though he's experiencing a brief high with one of his books translated onto the big screen he's about the same age as Marquez but he hasn't had that much of a cushy life

Soly is on our current list at number 32, though I don't think he should be, for reasons I ranted about a while ago that I'm too lazy to get back into now. :D

He's had lymphatic cancer for more than 6 years,

Depending what type it is, then his time could be coming to an end.

One to watch, I'd say.

Hmm... it's the first I've heard of it, but it's backed up by several sources, so perhaps it is true... one to watch indeed, and it changes my opinion on the man's eligibility... need more information though I'd say

Prince Harry is going to Iraq next year.

I think Malcolm Allison - the former Manchester City and Crystal Palace manager -

will die during 2007 ;)

I think Malcolm Allison - the former Manchester City and Crystal Palace manager -

will die during 2007 ;)

Is he ill?

will die during 2007  ;)

Is he ill?

Er, I don't know. I just have a funny feeling he will.

I think Malcolm Allison - the former Manchester City and Crystal Palace manager

Is he ill?

Er, I don't know. I just have a funny feeling he will.

Yes. ;) Very ill. Came very close to putting him on my DDP list.

From 2001:

Former Manchester City coach Malcolm Allison is in hospital suffering from alcoholism, according to his son.

Allison, 73, was taken to hospital after breaking his collarbone in a fall near his warden-controlled home at Hale, Cheshire.

Son Mark said: "He is very ill but he's accepted for the first time he is an alcoholic.

"Now he hopes the doctors can arrange for him to be admitted to a clinic."

"He still has a lot to offer soccer but he does suffer from loneliness," Mark Allison told the Manchester Evening News.

Since then, I understand he's detoriated.

Bob Hawke, former Aussie Prime Minister will be 77 this year. He has a very unhealthy looking complexion,.

Snooker commentator and creator of Pot Black, Ted Lowe.

Wow... that was dumb of them to leak the information about where he'll end up. Every terrorist this side of Basra will be after him now.

Wow... that was dumb of them to leak the information about where he'll end up. Every terrorist this side of Basra will be after him now.

The MOD have said the story is complete speculation, as no Iraq deployments have been set beyond May 1st.

It really would be very, very bad news for the government if Harry was posted to Iraq and he was killed or badly injured.

That's where princes belong: at the front.

I would also encourage young Harry to be killed in action. After all, that's a soldier's job.

regards,

Hein

It really would be very, very bad news for the government if Harry was posted to Iraq and he was killed or badly injured.

The royal family probably wouldn't be too thrilled either.

How about Graeme Souness ? He's just been sacked from his position as manager of Newcastle, he's had a couple of heart scares in recent years. A possible contender for 2007?

Harry wouldn't be sent near any fighting, too big a target! Im sure his dad, sorry James hewitt (you know it's true!) could pull some strings with his old army chums!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

How about Graeme Souness ? He's just been sacked from his position as manager of Newcastle, he's had a couple of heart scares in recent years. A possible contender for 2007?

He's in my DDP squad for this year so here's hoping.

He was a good footballer in his day, just a shame he's turned out to be such a crap manager. At least Newcastle have Alan Shearer in charge at the helm.

Probably the best they could have asked since Keegan

I noticed that British actor Olaf Pooley turned 90 today. I'm not suggesting him, because I know next to nothing of his health or fame, but can anyone fill me in?