I knew if I looked I'd find this thread.....

Hey folks I'm not dead!

Details to follow.....suffice it to say it was not malignant.

Great to have you back, BB! <_<

Bruno, it's just grand to see you back.

We missed you.

Live long and prosper.

Welcome back BB!

You might be interested to know that there are (were) factions here who believe(d) you never, in fact, left. Such was the state of their Brimleine withdrawal...

Bruno, it's just grand to see you back.

We missed you.

Live long and prosper.

I'll give a whirl.....

Welcome back BB!

You might be interested to know that there are (were) factions here who believe(d) you never, in fact, left. Such was the state of their Brimleine withdrawal...

Yipes!

(Well in all fairness as I indicated elsewhere I did pass through here briefly in both the Ranters are needed thread and the Magere Hein family matter thread but in neither case was I logged in.

For the curious, I was not logged on because I figured if the results had been, um, er, uh, deadly...I had no intention of returning at all....although I must confess that N-A-P would have received a P.M. to let him know that I was exiting....see I'm not all bad.

And my thanks and kisses to all the other well wishers, including Capt.Oates and Windsor, TLC, Handrejka, MaryPort and I sense in his own twisted way even Barnshoes who has discovered the P.M. button...he doesn't like to be seen as sensitive I s'pose.

My latest escapade, related to my cousin's wedding has left me with several U.P.I s.

Among them are cracked ribs and cheekbone. Bruising which is still at the swollen and painful stage, and will look much worse a week from now, especially around my jaw, has yet to appear fully.

(Unfortunate incident with a very shiny wood floor and great dance tracks)

Add a split lip to the mix and I'm going to look LOVELY in the Wedding Photos!

My latest escapade, related to my cousin's wedding has left me with several U.P.I s.

Among them are cracked ribs and cheekbone. Bruising which is still at the swollen and painful stage, and will look much worse a week from now, especially around my jaw, has yet to appear fully.

Ouch! I'd love to know which track you were dancing to.

(Puts my latest injury - walking into an oak beam in the attic and getting concussion - into perspective).

Bou you are always injured, you are a fall waiting to happen. I could only imagine what you will look like in those photos, it will look like you've been jumped by a bunch of very heavy - set ladies.

Aww. Get well soon Bou.

At least you'll have an excuse; most people usually think they look bad in wedding photos (and are mostly right) but will have to live with the fact that they really do look like that most of the time! :)

I'm at a wedding over the bank holiday weekend, and if I behave like I did at her sister's wedding I'll have a lot more than a split lip, cracked ribs & cheekbone, although it won't be due to my self-expression through the medium of dance. More likely I'll be the blank canvas that lots of angry artistically-minded relatives will be painting a nice shade of crimson; the type of artist who, to avoid cliches, use fists instead of brushes. Either that or I'll get a good shoeing.

Does anyone know what a relatively sober wedding is actually like? If not, I'll be able to enlighten people next week. If I blow it and end up getting sh*t-faced, I'll let people know of my injuries as soon as I get out of traction. :)

Does anyone know what a relatively sober wedding is actually like?

Can't say I do.

I was slaughtered at mine. All that nerve-strengthening free Champagne beforehand.

I was very sober on New Year's Eve 1999 - 2000 because I was pregnant. That was quite fun until I got into a fight with a (male) "well - wisher" who said, "You're really nice. I hope you have a boy. You deserve it!" <_<

Good luck for the weekend anyways, TLC. Be sure to take your camera!

Does anyone know what a relatively sober wedding is actually like?

Can't say I do.

I was slaughtered at mine. All that nerve-strengthening free Champagne beforehand.

I was very sober on New Year's Eve 1999 - 2000 because I was pregnant. That was quite fun until I got into a fight with a (male) "well - wisher" who said, "You're really nice. I hope you have a boy. You deserve it!" <_<

Good luck for the weekend anyways, TLC. Be sure to take your camera!

Nice compliment from the well-wisher, sounds like a bit of a charmer. :)

I'll be fine at the weekend I should think; I'll still be single afterwards so what's the worst that could happen? Probably taking a camera with me actually, more due to where it might end up if I get drunk and beaten up rather than worries about the picture quality. :(

Can't say I do. (Geddit?)
:D Happily 'I do' is something I'll never say drunk or sober, unless replying to the question 'who wants another drink?'

Can't say I do.
:D Happily 'I do' is something I'll never say drunk or sober, unless replying to the question 'who wants another drink?'

Really? You obviously simply haven't met the right large, bearded, mullitt-topped darts player yet... :unsure:

Can't say I do.

Really? You obviously simply haven't met the right large, bearded, mullitt-topped darts player yet... :unsure:

I know, I've met a few and they always seem great at first but I've been hurt too many times....

Quelle barbe! :) (excuse my French)

Quelle barbe! :electr2: (excuse my French)

I've always wondered why the French word 'barbe' is feminine :) .

Getting back on topic, I've been to the dentist this morning. I'm numb and have just dribbled coffee all down my front. :)

Bou wrote:

Great dance tracks, eh? I just hope that amongst them, whilst you were doing your break-dancing impression of James Brown, were:

Elvis Costello's 'I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down.'

'Falling' by Liquid State feat. Marcella Woods

Pizzaman's 'Trippin' On Sunshine'

'Born Slippy' by Underworld

The Stone's 'Tumbling Dice'

'Slip Your Disc To This' by Heatwave

'Bump, Bump, Bump' by B2K feat. P. Diddy.

And, just for the sake of ultimate 'You've Been Framed' wedding disco humiliation, I hope the DJ was insensitive enough to play Arctic Monkey's 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' as your friends and relations assisted you to your feet.

:):):electr2:

Only joking, Bou. I hope you recover swiftly so that you may go dancing again soon. Might I beg for us fellow DListers to be present and request Gambafreak's 'Instant Replay'?

Bou wrote:

Great dance tracks, eh? I just hope that amongst them, whilst you were doing your break-dancing impression of James Brown, were:

Elvis Costello's 'I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down.'

'Falling' by Liquid State feat. Marcella Woods

Pizzaman's 'Trippin' On Sunshine'

'Born Slippy' by Underworld

The Stone's 'Tumbling Dice'

'Slip Your Disc To This' by Heatwave

'Bump, Bump, Bump' by B2K feat. P. Diddy.

And, just for the sake of ultimate 'You've Been Framed' wedding disco humiliation, I hope the DJ was insensitive enough to play Arctic Monkey's 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' as your friends and relations assisted you to your feet.

<_<:lol::lol:

Only joking, Bou. I hope you recover swiftly so that you may go dancing again soon. Might I beg for us fellow DListers to be present and request Gambafreak's 'Instant Replay'?

A few more requests for the DJ:

• Dancing Fool, Frank Zappa
  • Spasticus, Ian Dury And The Blockheads
  • Get Down Tonight, KC & The Sunshine Band

Get well soon, Bou!

regards,

Hein

... cracked ribs and cheekbone. Bruising which is still at the swollen and painful stage, and will look much worse a week from now, especially around my jaw, has yet to appear fully.

Add a split lip to the mix ...

With a name like Boudicca you surely can`t expect to avoid a few battle scars - just remember your armour next time you go dancing!

Get well soon!

Hope you recover quickly Bou, I've only ever fallen on a dance floor once, it was soaking with beer and I was wearing very high heels, I slipped on it and ended up nosediving at the feet of the 'Val Kilmer in Top Gun lookalike' I'd fancied for months, nothing injured except my pride and my chances with said VKiTGl <_< .

Get well soon.

Thank you very much for the shameless piss-taking support and sympathy. <_<

Boudicca, I'm so sorry you're hurt. Get well soon.

You can commisserate with my son - he was at the lake with friends and knelt down on a shard of glass. Lakes in Texas are notoriously icky. Robert has a raging infection in his knee.

I didn't ask him what he had ingested to make him go in the water and kneel down. I just don't want to know.

Thank you very much for the shameless piss-taking support and sympathy. :flame:

I say go back 10 - 12 years and we would have a girl fight!

Time for medical updatee

At the end of the month of August I split my lovely skull open and bled profusely.

Severa; days or hours later I was found wandering the streets of town up and down...

did you know that anyone lived in a pretty how town (with up so floating many bells down)?

Well to sum it up I had become dizzy (and I do not most sincerely or even incarcerationately mean Ghoulesspie) which was not a good thing. So I landed in St, Vincent's one fine afternoon and therein was the ugliest group of young thespians all portraying their lil old selves as dotors. Well after several hoours with no entertainment and no food or rsteroom vvisits I was told I have vertigo and this was only after a cat scan and and a bit of blood letting hadst been done

I was shortly thereafter (clearly not before then) dismissed from the hospital and sent along my merry way (did you know I was once related to a relative who lived on a street called MerryWay? It was in Houston Texas I believe)

Well the vertigo continues even now as I write this letter, it's such a strange flower suitable to any occasion carried it with me on my wedding day and now I place them here in memory of something that has died.

So the medical mystery contihnues........

DAy 12 and I just discovered I have 10 toes

I was found wandering the streets of town up and down...

did you know that anyone lived in a pretty how town (with up so floating many bells down)?

Posted in Osama bin Laden thread Sep 23 2006, 06:47 PM

Yep. Immerse him in all that's best in western culture.

'dem

gud am

lidl yellah bas

tuds weer goinduhSIVILEYEzum'

The DL is becoming an altogether quite arty place. Two e.e.cummings quotes in a week. Outstanding

Bruno man, you know the love of a few of your fellows hereabouts runs deep. Be careful out there!