Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Suggests that she didn’t have cancer. Or if she did, it wasn’t the cancer that killed her. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Suggests that she didn’t have cancer. Or if she did, it wasn’t the cancer that killed her. 

More likely it was the morphine. 

• Like 1

It also said something about King Sausages III doing mushrooms in the garden at the time. I thought he and the rest of them were in a mad rush to make her bedside in time?

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Windsor said:

People die in all sorts of ways when suffering from terminal cancer. Particularly when very old. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

People die in all sorts of ways when suffering from terminal cancer. Particularly when very old. 

Her private secretary said it was old age in what was effectively a closed document. 

It so happens this is what it said on her death certificate. 

As for the morphine, had that been the case the King wouldn’t have been away picking mushrooms. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Her private secretary said it was old age in what was effectively a closed document. 

It so happens this is what it said on her death certificate. 

As for the morphine, had that been the case the King wouldn’t have been away picking mushrooms. 

Old age was given as the cause of death on Philip’s death certificate too whereas he had been having serious heart problems in hospital till couple of days before he died, its obvious he died from complications with his heart

The royal family will have asked for ‘old age’ in the name of privacy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BonScott said:

Old age was given as the cause of death on Philip’s death certificate too whereas he had been having serious heart problems in hospital till couple of days before he died, its obvious he died from complications with his heart

The royal family will have asked for ‘old age’ in the name of privacy 

So they went to all that trouble to cover up her cancer just to let Gyles Brandreth put it out there in an authorised biography of the King?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TQR said:

It also said something about King Sausages III doing mushrooms in the garden at the time. I thought he and the rest of them were in a mad rush to make her bedside in time?

13 minutes ago, Windsor said:

End of life morphine doses don't kill instantly.  You can sit at a deathbed all day and all night,  but pop out to the loo and they die while you're gone.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Windsor said:

So they went to all that trouble to cover up her cancer just to let Gyles Brandreth put it out there in an authorised biography of the King?

I think he put it in there and breached privacy in order to boost sales of his book, he has always been a narcissist/attention seeker/self publicist, as he was speaking the truth Charles couldn’t sue him and as the queen was very fond of him they let bygones be bygones

I don’t doubt for one minute she died from complications from bone cancer 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

End of life morphine doses don't kill instantly.  You can sit at a deathbed all day and all night,  but pop out to the loo and they die while you're gone.

Or indeed, pop out to forage for some lunch in the grounds of an enormous castle.

The point was, I thought Charles et al barely made it up to Scotland in time the afternoon she pegged it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I think she died after a long private battle with cancer.

• Like 3

Just yesterday, they said that Charles heard of it while looking for mushrooms:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/news/king-charles-queen-death-balmoral-mushrooms-b2477942.html

They didn't expect it to happen that quickly. I think her heart simply stopped beating. But she probably was very weak already. I guess she was "sedated" and "resting comfortably", but there was no change in her condition for hours, so they thought they could risk to go away.

9 minutes ago, drol said:

I think she died after a long private battle with cancer.

Same, I remember following the Philip thread as a guest on here when he was sent home from hospital to die, he looked like a living corpse in pictures, the idea he died of just old age and not heart disease is beyond parody 

My dad wants Robert Hardman punished for writing this book. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Yeah me too. I'd say we should bring back flogging specifically for him. If your dad wants him punished, then he should be punished!

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

My dad doesn’t give a fuck about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I think this is perhaps being unfairly misconstrued because the mushroom story is too good not to print. The Princess Royal made the call for The King to come to Balmoral because she was deteriorating, but at that point it was expected there was days not hours. The King and Queen were at the late Queen’s bedside for an hour on the morning of her passing, and as the medical advice was days not hours they then went for a walk to clear their heads (understandable given not only the imminent passing of a loved one but also a monumental change that was about to occur). They were there on the morning, she seemed stable, they went for a walk, and got the call that she had passed. In the days prior it was apparent it was the beginning of the end, but I think it all occurred quicker than they expected. The fact she had put the sealed letters in her red box the day before she passed clearly shows she was conscious to that point and aware of what was occurring.

• Like 5

It goes to show how conscientious and determined she was to carry out those last duties.

It is a shame that her precious energy was wasted on such undeserving cunts as Boris Johnson and Liz Truss.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

It goes to show how conscientious and determined she was to carry out those last duties.

It is a shame that her precious energy was wasted on such undeserving cunts as Boris Johnson and Liz Truss.

Truss I agree, but Boris had one of the biggest post war majorities in history, question the intelligence of 10’s of millions of voters by all means but Boris was the people’s choice to be PM by a landslide, not undeserved at all 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 3

15 hours ago, BonScott said:

Truss I agree, but Boris had one of the biggest post war majorities in history, question the intelligence of 10’s of millions of voters by all means but Boris was the people’s choice to be PM by a landslide, not undeserved at all 

Hardly "tens of millions", especially towards the end as more and more scandals came out. My grandad had voted tory in every election since the 60s, but in the last local election he voted in he said he felt "forced to vote Green" because "I couldn't vote for Labour, but I cannot support Boris Johnson either".

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Hardly "tens of millions", especially towards the end as more and more scandals came out. My grandad had voted tory every election since the 60s, but in the last local election he voted in he said he felt "forced to vote Green" because "I couldn't vote for Labour, but I cannot support Boris Johnson either".

80 seat majority is a convincing win, especially as 2 years earlier May didn’t even get a majority, relied on a DUP coalition to govern, so there is no doubt that Boris was the main reason for the landslide v Corbyn, May never even got a majority against him

Never underestimate Boris’s popularity, when he visited my constituency even in height of Partygate he was mobbed like it was Brad Pitt or George Clooney

If tories want to win next election they need to reach out to him and bring him back into the fold, 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 4

3 hours ago, BonScott said:

His popularity is irrelevant. He may have conned thousands into voting Conservative, but he's still a lying, faithless, unscrupulous cunt whose only motives are his own betterment and profit. 

He was not fit to be in the same room as Her late Majesty.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

His popularity is irrelevant. He may have conned thousands into voting Conservative, but he's still a lying, faithless, unscrupulous cunt whose only motives are his own betterment amd profit. 

He was not fit to be in the same room as Her late Majesty.

Apparently they got on very well, even when she was on her last legs she spent more time saying goodbye to Boris than welcoming Liz Truss

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, BonScott said:

Apparently they got on very well, even when she was on her last legs she spent more time saying goodbye to Boris than welcoming Liz Truss

He lied to her in order to get her to prorogue Parliament - a move which turned out to be illegal and put her in constitutional hot water.

As Prime Minister he did more to disrespect her than any of his predecessors or successors. 

If he stayed for any length of time in their last meeting it’s because he overstayed his welcome, much the same as when he clung on as Prime Minister. 

• Like 4

How many decades until we find out what was in those letters? I have a feeling it might not be for another 50-plus years, by which point I will be certainly retired... And who knows if this site will exist by then.

• Like 1