so we're up to 58 DL pages of:

Five minutes after being released from police custody, Pete Doherty's been arrested on drugs charges

Pete and Kate Moss have broken up

Pete fell off the stage during a Babyshambles gig

Pete's in rehab

oy ur all loosers Petes a jenius get a life

Pete's out of rehab

Pete and Kate are back together

Pete's sentencing has been postponed

Pete's been let off with a caution

Pete's been arrested on drugs charges.........

Five minutes after being released from police custody, Pete Doherty's been arrested on drugs charges

Pete's in rehab

Pete's out of rehab

You forgot: Pete behaves like the arsehole he is.

Otherwise: rinse and repeat.

regards,

Hein

Pete's in rehab

Pete's out of rehab

That's pretty much it. I suspect the next update within about the next two months will be "Babyshambles sack Doherty" much in the same way he was sacked from The Libertines.

Although, technically, isn't Babyshambles his band, as against the Libertines being a 'consortium'?

Although, technically, isn't Babyshambles his band, as against the Libertines being a 'consortium'?

It is his band, but I believe that it's still possible for him to be sacked.

Much in the same way that The Battered Ornaments sacked Pete Brown the night before they were due to support The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park. The Battered Ornaments were Pete Brown's band, but they sacked him all the same

It is his band, but I believe that it's still possible for him to be sacked.

Much in the same way that The Battered Ornaments sacked Pete Brown the night before they were due to support The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park. The Battered Ornaments were Pete Brown's band, but they sacked him all the same

The Battered Ornaments? Now that's a band name that's somehow managed to slip under my radar all these years- strange, considering I love the Stones, but then not so strange when you consider that I did not see them at Hyde Park.

The Battered Ornaments- I love that name!

I take your point though, Phantom, but I'd have thought that if Babyshambles sacked Pete Doherty then they might as well queue up to sign on the scratch the next day, as let's face it, the band's fairly mediocre with Doherty in it- so F**k knows how dire they'd be in his absence.

Pete Brown had his own back - he formed a new band called Piblokto, which I believe is either a skin disease or an Eskimo word (perhaps an Eskimo skin disease?). Either or none may be true, but I don't care - it's too good an explanation to spoil it with truth. Good band, though.

Pete Doherty? Oh yeah, this thread is about him, isn't it. Just a boring C**t these days. But a rich one if the EMI deal goes all the way.

Pete Brown had his own back - he formed a new band called Piblokto, which I believe is either a skin disease or an Eskimo word (perhaps an Eskimo skin disease?). Either or none may be true, but I don't care - it's too good an explanation to spoil it with truth. Good band, though.

Pete Doherty? Oh yeah, this thread is about him, isn't it. Just a boring C**t these days. But a rich one if the EMI deal goes all the way.

Piblokto has one of the longest names for an album "Things May Come and Things May Go But the Art School Dance Goes On Forever" <_<

Pete Brown had his own back - he formed a new band called Piblokto ...

Piblokto has one of the longest names for an album "Things May Come and Things May Go But the Art School Dance Goes On Forever" :D

I went to an Art School Dance once, on Renfrew Street in Glasgow. It lasted about 6 hours, and I went home at the end with a rather lovely law student named Shirley. Thankyou, Dr. Shulgin. My fling with Shirley lasted a full 6 days. About 3 years later, I saw her in the MacLellan galleries, heavily pregnant, looking for an engagement ring with the, I presume, father. She looked like she'd eaten every single pie in the Uni refectory over the past 3 years and I remember being glad that my hangover from the Art School Dance hadn't lasted any longer.

That's one in the eye for Pete Brown, isn't it? :P

I went to an Art School Dance once, on Renfrew Street in Glasgow. It lasted about 6 hours

I used to go there!! I spent many a six hours in there in an altered stated of mind. Happy memories :P

At last pulphack...... an opportunity to give you something back rather than to benefit from your God-like omniscience.

Piblokto is an Inuit mental disorder characterised by depression with an histrionic element. The sufferer wanders off into the icy wilderness, usually to be rescued by a loving family. Piblokto like espanto and estuto is a culture-bound mental disorder. The Malay condition amok (as in running amok) has also entered our language. Koro, an Asian male hysteria, in which men believe that the penis is retracting into the body (and then get friends and family to grab it and pull it to stop it disappearing) is similarly culture bound. It should not be confused with kuru, the Asian dementia, that results from cannibalism.

At least now, when you tell me what happened to the bassist on track 3, side 4 of the Bumpers sampler I can convince myself that I have been just as helpful to you.

And yes, Pete Brown and Piblokto were good. Didn't Pete co-write some Cream songs with Jack Bruce.

So that's what Piblokto really is! Thank you, my dear sir, for your erudition! I feel enlightened. I also like the sound of koro, having tried something similar to this in 'Faces' nightclub in Ilford some time back. A fine and a stern warning from the bench put paid to a repetition.

Jack Bruce met Pete Brown when they were doing the poetry and jazz tours in the early sixties, and he gave him a call when he was having trouble writing lyrics. Within a few days Pete found himself signing a contract with Robert Stigwood that tied his publishing up in knots for years. I only know this as I once interviewed Pete Brown, about fifteen years ago, and he was a diamond bloke.

And track 3, side 4 of Bumpers? Had to pull that one out - 'Islands' by Renaissance. Bassist was Louis Cennamo (sp?), who went on to play on loads of new age stuff with Jim Carty in the eighties and nineties. By coincidence, I also interviewed Carty around the same time as Brown, and if I remember right, I think Cennamo was also a psychotherapist by then. But I don't have the tape, so I wouldn't swear to it.

I went to an Art School Dance once, on Renfrew Street in Glasgow. It lasted about 6 hours

I used to go there!! I spent many a six hours in there in an altered stated of mind. Happy memories :P

Same here, my allotted place of study having been that big orange building (is it a swimming pool?) just opposite the Sa-voy Centre. The memories aren't all pleasant, but those days were the good old ones. :D

So that's what Piblokto really is! Thank you, my dear sir, for your erudition! I feel enlightened. I also like the sound of koro, having tried something similar to this in 'Faces' nightclub in Ilford some time back. A fine and a stern warning from the bench put paid to a repetition.

Jack Bruce met Pete Brown when they were doing the poetry and jazz tours in the early sixties, and he gave him a call when he was having trouble writing lyrics. Within a few days Pete found himself signing a contract with Robert Stigwood that tied his publishing up in knots for years. I only know this as I once interviewed Pete Brown, about fifteen years ago, and he was a diamond bloke.

And track 3, side 4 of Bumpers? Had to pull that one out - 'Islands' by Renaissance. Bassist was Louis Cennamo (sp?), who went on to play on loads of new age stuff with Jim Carty in the eighties and nineties. By coincidence, I also interviewed Carty around the same time as Brown, and if I remember right, I think Cennamo was also a psychotherapist by then. But I don't have the tape, so I wouldn't swear to it.

pulphack - I am so impressed. You have lived my dream. I will build a shrine to you in my shed (next to the Tessa Wyatt tribute statuette).

I have to confess that I have recently bought the Bumpers LP on e-Bay. It really has nostalgic significance to me as it was my introduction to 'progressive' music.

(Another interesting fact about Koro is that guys would push sticks through their penises to stop them being sucked back into their bodies. I employed the more western technique of inviting women to maintain my penis' eternal prominence through suction. Needless to say my culture-bound psychiatric disorder was overlooked and, like you, I was left to the mercy of the magistrates.)

Gosh. This thread is STILL going.

Well, yes. It has taken a more interesting turn recently. More interesting than our favourite junkie's life, that is.

regards,

Hein

I hope he goes soon, I for one am fed up hearing about him and his godawful exscuse for music :rip:

aHazIphPS6OxYH uWqxITn4EYOQ5R 1qPpje67gNBmtj

That's easy for you to say...

Is that Bruno?

Guest Guest

aHazIphPS6OxYH uWqxITn4EYOQ5R 1qPpje67gNBmtj

<snip>

Is that Bruno?

LOL. I was just about to ask the same. <_<

According to the BBC News apparently music training can 'boost the brain'.

For some strange reason that made me think of Pete Doherty. I think more research is needed.

For some strange reason that made me think of Pete Doherty. I think more research is needed.

Pretty straightforward, surely?

1) Doherty has clearly had no effective musical training.

2) Doherty is not the brightest fairy light on the christmas tree.

QED.

QED.

11 GCSE's and 2 A levels what a thicko Doherty is. :angry:

QED.

11 GCSE's and 2 A levels what a thicko Doherty is. :angry:

Well I've got 9 gcse's, 4 a levels and a degree so read out of that what you will.

I was trying to make the point that it doesn't make Pete clever, please don't think that was an attempt to show off as it's nothing to show off about, having a Politics degree! There are few subjects where a degree could be less relevant. considering politicians show off about having no qualiications...

Also, one of my A levels is 'general studies'.... :blink: