Windsor

Where Has Tempus, Godot, Everybody, Anybody Gone?

Please someone out there reassure me this topic isn't going to get to 88 pages or whatever we're up to on the Dickie O'Sullivan thread.......

Surely Iain will have a "tip" or there will be something on Wikipedia soon...

I was accused of being member Father Time who was deleted while validating. Legend has it that he entered the chat and spelt a word wrong. Then Windsor randomly accused him of being me?

It's very interesting that i'm part of a conspiracy, though I deny any involvement in this.

Isn't that what you would say if you were involved?

Poor Tempus! Before we file a missing persons' report, shouldn't we keep in mind that he's only been absent for, like, 12 days? I admit his absence is more notable given his usual osting volume, but 12 days isn't even a fortnight's holiday.

(Though if truth be told, I agree with nap: that's he's lurking about, absolutely f*cking loving every minute of the debate. Hello Tempus <_< )

I'll admit I did infact lurk in the shadows at one time, especialy in the secret forums :angry:

Tempus may be doing the same but only in a very silent fashion.

I'll send him a PM later tonight and we'll see if he replys.

What secret forums? Is this the net's answer to the Freemasons?

Obviously if we told you about the secret forums we would have to kill you. Now, what were you saying about Tempus?

DWB <_<

Obviously if we told you about the secret forums we would have to kill you. Now, what were you saying about Tempus?

DWB <_<

Actually, the secret forums have mostly had internet tumbleweeds blowing through 'em in recent weeks, so quiet has the DL chatter been of late.

So I'm told...........

Cowboy Ronnie

I will personally re-assure you this topic isn't going to reach Dickie O levels. I see three reasons for this:

1: It's already getting dangerously self-referential so we're posting about ourselves and if that continues to spiral down in ever-decreasing circles the thread will only appeal to the insane, and will be deleted.

2: The premise of the thread - is Tempus still with us - will either be answered when he re-appears, rendering the thread rapidly redundant once we've all swapped welcome back posts with him, or will soon pall in the unlikely event that Tempus - a blatant DL addict if ever I saw one - fails to re-appear.

3: Dickie O' is a gloriously surreal thread that still manages to keep returning to the varied and lacklustre reality of a lightweight jobbing actor in the true DL spirit of grim humour and flagrant irony. I'll cop for much of the blame in maintaining Dickie O's status hereabouts but when the Mods took it down it wasn't me that went ballastic so the evidence of Dickie O's widespread popularity is established. Frankly - this post excepted - I'm not planning on devoting masses of words to the Tempus situation, much as I miss him.

Go well

Please someone out there reassure me this topic isn't going to get to 88 pages or whatever we're up to on the Dickie O'Sullivan thread.......

It wouldn't get that far. I'd have it deleted immediatly.

Banshees

Not that I'd dare question the sense of a Mod or owt but......

I don't quite get the gist. Deleting it immediatly means it wouldn't now exist unless you mean deleting it immediatly when it gets to 88 pages in which case it will get to 88 pages despite the assurances that it won't get to 88 pages implicit in yer post above, or do I detect within your message some sense that you'll know when to strangle this thread and that the said knowing will occur between its present existence and the fabled matching of the Dickie O monster, sort of thing?

Perhaps he is to be a contestant on U.K Big Brother 2006 and has been kept away from the media for a few weeks :o

If he is I hope he gives this wonderful site many a plug when he gets on telly.

Perhaps he is to be a contestant on U.K Big Brother 2006 and has been kept away from the media for a few weeks :o

We'll know which one he is when he grabs a knife and stabs all the other contestants to death. Just to save the rest of us from our yearly ordeal/addiction.

I predict a fatty nation due to that Kit Kat gold ticket thing. ;)

Banshees

Not that I'd dare question the sense of a Mod or owt but......

I don't quite get the gist. Deleting it immediatly means it wouldn't now exist unless you mean deleting it immediatly when it gets to 88 pages in which case it will get to 88 pages despite the assurances that it won't get to 88 pages implicit in yer post above, or do I detect within your message some sense that you'll know when to strangle this thread and that the said knowing will occur between its present existence and the fabled matching of the Dickie O monster, sort of thing?

Mind twisting response you give me, one of those you really have to think about.

Personally, I find the Richard O' Sullivan thread tremendously overated. Tempus Fugit deserves this thread since his sudden vanishing act. 88 pages is a bit much and honestly I don't think it will get nearly as far.

Tempus Fugit's departure, comes to me as no surprise. Whether or not he has been roaming in the shadows will be debated - But he will be back.

Hopefully he will be gone for a while more, since I will be making my way up the post count ladder and on to the throne so I can become the post count king.

First - I'll have to demote Windsor to the number 3 position on the all - time list.

We'll know which one he is when he grabs a knife and stabs all the other contestants to death. Just to save the rest of us from our yearly ordeal/addiction.

I predict a fatty nation due to that Kit Kat gold ticket thing. :o

My God, I find myself agreeing with you, Marjorie!

Damn Rowntrees or whomever it is that is manufacturing these chocolatey, unhealthy things that might have tempted our Tempus.

Good job CH.4 didn't give them away in Bisto packets, otherwise we might of lost our dear Godot as well... ;)

Anyone know when Tempus' Location in his member profile changed to 'currently the subject of much speculation'? I think this has happened since his alleged disappearance. I'm sure it was 'North of London, South of Birmingham' (but spelt to show accents) last time I noticed, not that I check. :o

Or did a mod change it? Can they do that, or if not, can they tell when it changed?

(This post is supposed to sound slightly less like I've just joined the Scooby Gang than it appears. Zoinks!!)

Anyone know when Tempus' Location in his member profile changed to 'currently the subject of much speculation'? I think this has happened since his alleged disappearance. I'm sure it was 'North of London, South of Birmingham' (but spelt to show accents) last time I noticed, not that I check. :o

Or did a mod change it? Can they do that, or if not, can they tell when it changed?

(This post is supposed to sound slightly less like I've just joined the Scooby Gang than it appears. Zoinks!!)

Your current avatar looks like one of the monsters Scooby and the gang used to battle, although of course it turned out to be the owner of the old run-down funfair in disguise all along, and he'd have gotten away with his plan to collect the insurance money, had it not been for those meddling kids.

(But I know it's really Skeletor)

Your current avatar looks like one of the monsters Scooby and the gang used to battle, although of course it turned out to be the owner of the old run-down funfair in disguise all along, and he'd have gotten away with his plan to collect the insurance money, had it not been for those meddling kids.

I recall some saying that the villain on Scooby was always the second non-gang member to appear. Is it true?

Yeah OK it was me all along.

An' I wold've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for these pesky kids and their flea-bitten mutt! (Shakes fist)

I recall some saying that the villain on Scooby was always the second non-gang member to appear. Is it true?

More or less I think but if they found themselves visiting a couple that wasn't the case. Also they visited people who had animals some of which would appear before the villian. The villan was always the one with the sizeable chin and a facial configuration drawn from Victorian notions of the skull shapes of criminals.

I could find no mention of it in the brief google-based search I just did. But I had just lost my glasses (again) and probably missed some vital clues. :o
Was Skeletor. Considering he couldn't even recognise He-Man was Prince Adam with a light tan (and a strangely familiar looking green stripy enormous pet cat) he needed to be replaced by someone much more..... sleuthier.

And I like the pic.

I will leave my avatar alone for more than 5 mins one day. But not today.

Yeah OK it was me all along.

An' I would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for these pesky kids and their flea-bitten mutt! (Shakes fist)

:o;) I thought you looked strangely familiar...

He might have won the lottery...

He might have won the lottery...

If so it's very selfish of him not to share it with his DL chums.

I hope he's well.

Has anyone sent him a personal message?

In fact i will do it myself.

Reading this thread puts me in mind of a song by one of the bands I was quite partial to as a teenager. Below are some helpful tips as to where Tempus might be, as suggested by Camper Van Beethoven, when they were looking for Bill:

CHORUS:

Where, where the Hell is Tempus?

Well, maybe he went to get a sideways haircut

Maybe he went to get a strip-ed shirt

Maybe he went to get some plastic shoes

Maybe he went to get some funny sunglasses

REPEAT CHORUS

Well, maybe he went to get an Air Force parka

Maybe he went to get a Vespa scooter