I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Room 101 thread or here but..... just saw a bit of the Ballon d'Or ceremony live on Eurosport..... makes BBC Sports Personality of the Year look like a non-suicide-inducing event..... got all the same constant shite "inspiring" music popping up every 10 seconds, but it's hilarious cos it's being presented by some utterly thick bint.... was it just me or when she introduced the "Team of the Year" did she read out list of names and the player's relative positions really fast....... you'd think if they were so great they'd want to drag it out a bit by giving individual applause for each player........ especially when you consider half the audience in the room has translation headsets on.

And then she incredibly patronisingly told this 90-year-old Japanese guy to "return to your seat now please" after he'd just been presented with a LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD for supposedly popularising football in Japan through his journalism or something like that.

Sir Jack Arnold Hayward, OBE, died on January 13, 2015 at the age of 91, was an English businessman, property developer, philanthropist and president of English football club Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Sir Jack Arnold Hayward, OBE, died on January 13, 2015 at the age of 91, was an English businessman, property developer, philanthropist and president of English football club Wolverhampton Wanderers.

We know. Can I suggest you do a search before posting?

Leave him alone man he's alright..... (oh wait its Yankophobia again innit)

BIC we dont post deaths in here this is for casual football discussion. Although I'm sure if certain TV pundits died there would be a lot of rejoicing here.......

Mind telling me which outlaw that is in your userpic? I cant figure it out. (Maybe tell us in the "New Here and Just Saying Hello" thread)

Not an outlaw at all in my userpic, Dr. Zonders, at least as far as I know. It's just an image I scanned from an old cabinet card. I collect vintage photographs/images so I'll likely be changing my icon periodically as suits my mood and temperament. I'll take your suggestion and post an entry to the "New Here and Just Saying Hello" thread when I can.

Appreciate your support for a Yank newbie to these forums. I'll try to do better about searching prior to posting and posting in the correct thread!

• Like 1

Leave him alone man he's alright.....

Dr "Zonders" eh?

Fuck, you will be taking it all back and calling him a massive **** now... :lol:

• Like 1

Admittedly, I am off to a rough start with my postings and I apologize profusely and bow before the superior Lord Fellatio Nelson in submission to his clear authority and perfection! Sorry for mistyping your name Dr. Zorders, I'm sure I'll find my due place in this fellatiocracy soon enough!

• Like 3

Admittedly, I am off to a rough start with my postings and I apologize profusely and bow before the superior Lord Fellatio Nelson in submission to his clear authority and perfection! Sorry for mistyping your name Dr. Zorders, I'm sure I'll find my due place in this fellatiocracy soon enough!

I am liking your sarcasm, you will fit in just fine. :D

• Like 3

Ah, the fabled kingdom of Felliatocra, it's a bit of a mouthful but doubtless we could get used to it.

I think Antony Cotton is talking out of his arse regarding the number of woolies in football.

Ex Chelsea Captain Dennis Wise is having the piss ripped out of him over his haircut.

Social media has gone into a frenzy, he has been compared to one of those lego men etc etc.......

wise_zpsko2sgagw.jpg

What a fuckwitt!!!! :lol:

Leave him alone man he's alright....

He must be Arthur Daley.

Comb over now being compared to the Simpsons episode where Mr Burns wears a wig...

Comb over now being compared to the Simpsons episode where Mr Burns wears a wig...

Yeah, it does pose the question "Is it or isn't it"?

To one side of his head the hair is combed forwards a la Colin Crompton ( RIP) so its looking more wiggy than real.

To one side of his head the hair is combed forwards a la Colin Crompton ( RIP) so its looking more wiggy than real.

Gutted about Dennis Wise's hair, as a few years ago I would have fucked him ragged.

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - Leicester City 2

Gutted about Dennis Wise's hair, as a few years ago I would have fucked the little twat ragged.

EFA!!! :D

Gutted about Dennis Wise's hair, as a few years ago I would have fucked the little twat ragged.

EFA!!! :D

I'd still give him one.

Gutted about Dennis Wise's hair, as a few years ago I would have fucked him ragged.

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - Leicester City 2

Lardy, you posted somewhere hereabouts saying you fancied being in a sandwich with Rotten Ali and me! Are we really in the same bracket of shagability as Dennis Wise?

Oh aye, and whilst I'm on this thread, Carlisle United surged into the 93rd minute with a 1-0 lead last night and still wound up on the wrong end of a 1-2 home defeat.

Have any other readers seen their team capitulate so badly in less than two minutes?

Oh aye, and whilst I'm on this thread, Carlisle United surged into the 93rd minute with a 1-0 lead last night and still wound up on the wrong end of a 1-2 home defeat.

Have any other readers seen their team capitulate so badly in less than two minutes?

My lot once went 2-0 down, fought back to equalise in injury time, then immediately lost to an own goal. There was another - horrible - day against Gretna when they managed to concede three goals in about as many minutes.

My lot once went 2-0 down, fought back to equalise in injury time, then immediately lost to an own goal. There was another - horrible - day against Gretna when they managed to concede three goals in about as many minutes.

S'cuse my ignorance, who are your "lot" again?

I feel your pain either way. Shrewsbury went over 92 and a half minutes without scoring and then bagged two in 67 seconds. We'd have climbed to 16th (a height we haven't reached all season), if we'd have hung on for the win.

I was just honoured and a tad overaughed to be a interloping subject of this all too interesting sexual fetish / idealistic ménage-a-trios.

Then you go and ask for qualification?

Before, when I've imagaged such a situation. It really never occurred that one of the partisipants would have a name such as Mary...

I feel your pain either way. Shrewsbury went over 92 and a half minutes without scoring and then bagged two in 67 seconds. We'd have climbed to 16th (a height we haven't reached all season), if we'd have hung on for the win.

Partick Thistle. A small fish in a small pond (hey, I'd even be wary of Fort William in the Cup!).

Shrewsbury went over 92 and a half minutes without scoring and then bagged two in 67 seconds. We'd have climbed to 16th (a height we haven't reached all season), if we'd have hung on for the win.

Ouch. I've seen several late losses by Feyenoord, but not so bad.

I also remember an injury time 3-2 victory against FC Twente after being down 0-2 half time and equalising from a penalty around 85'. The winner came from a keeper's blunder. Oh, the sharp joy of undeserved victory!

regards,

Hein

Partick Thistle. A small fish in a small pond (hey, I'd even be wary of Fort William in the Cup!).

Oh, right, Billy Connolly's team as well, aren't they? He regularly made a joke that casual football fans thought they were called Partick Thistlenil.