That's quite sad, he was a fabulous player.

Whatever happened to the real characters? No more Frank Worthingtons, Rodney Marshes and the like.

Will we ever see another pic of two players kissing while sitting on the pitch?

RSNS2248A_228573a_zps9uapzvy6.jpg

Whatever happened to the real characters? No more Frank Worthingtons, Rodney Marshes and the like.

They are somewhere at the bottom of this sea:

huge.104.520676.JPG

Although, I don't think even Dale Winton's gayer brother wants to see mong-faced ball-kickers locking lips, thanks...

They are somewhere at the bottom of this sea:

huge.104.520676.JPG

Although, I don't think even Dale Winton's gayer brother wants to see mong-faced ball-kickers locking lips, thanks...

Always room for pics of mong-faced ball-grabbers though.

Gazza.jpg

Summat or nowt issue but...

As one or two of you may be aware Carlisle United were reportedly in talks with a billionaire about him buying the club. All seemed utter bollocks at the time but gradually it's taken some shape. The club ditched their talks with a local businessman a couple of weeks back and continued to protect the identity of the proposed buyer. The directors selling up include Andrew Jenkins who has a decades long involvement with the club and has always had his heart in the right place even if his personal fortune wasn't powerful enough to push us beyond the top of League One. So, bizarre as it all sounded, it's been taken on trust that the proposed buyer is what they claim; male, foreign and loaded to at least a billion dollars of value. Begging the question WTF would such a creature want Carlisle United (though thankfully the foreign bit rules out the nightmare of Mike Ashley having a sniff).

Anyway, growing rumour with some - just about believable - legs on it now names Donald Trump and ties the interest down to one of his trusted lieutenants having family history in Carlisle (true). So, it's - possibly - akin to Trump's purchase of a large chunk of Aberdeenshire and locating a golf course because his mum came from a small village up there, all chronicled in the highly recommended documentary "Trumped." Clearly, Trump wouldn't be averse to showing some interest in the UK because the whole "old country" /caring capitalism helps out locals schtick looks good for rich guys running for the Republican nomination.

Almost too bizarre for words, but thought I'd share it with the group.

As one or two of you may be aware Carlisle United were reportedly in talks with a billionaire about him buying the club. All seemed utter bollocks at the time but gradually it's taken some shape. The club ditched their talks with a local businessman a couple of weeks back and continued to protect the identity of the proposed buyer. The directors selling up include Andrew Jenkins who has a decades long involvement with the club and has always had his heart in the right place even if his personal fortune wasn't powerful enough to push us beyond the top of League One. So, bizarre as it all sounded, it's been taken on trust that the proposed buyer is what they claim; male, foreign and loaded to at least a billion dollars of value. Begging the question WTF would such a creature want Carlisle United (though thankfully the foreign bit rules out the nightmare of Mike Ashley having a sniff).

Anyway, growing rumour with some - just about believable - legs on it now names Donald Trump and ties the interest down to one of his trusted lieutenants having family history in Carlisle (true). So, it's - possibly - akin to Trump's purchase of a large chunk of Aberdeenshire and locating a golf course because his mum came from a small village up there, all chronicled in the highly recommended documentary "Trumped." Clearly, Trump wouldn't be averse to showing some interest in the UK because the whole "old country" /caring capitalism helps out locals schtick looks good for rich guys running for the Republican nomination.

How would you feel if your beloved club was owned by someone who most right thinking people of the world are convinced is an utter dick or does it depend on how much money he is spending?

Rather than clutter up the thread discussing missing Leicestershire school girls I have decided to addres the Ranieri comments here.

I think that he has been handed a crock of shit. (Not his fault). I am unaware of his reputation as I am fairly parochial when it comes to football.

However he needs to have some early success because my reading of the situation is that he will not automatically have the terraces or the dressing room with him. He may have the confidence of the owners but how will he fair in a eightway relegation tussel?

I hope Nigel Pearson gets a new job soon.

How would you feel if your beloved club was owned by someone who most right thinking people of the world are convinced is an utter dick or does it depend on how much money he is spending?

We had the right thinking/utter dick problem when Michael Knighton owned us. Trump is allegedly a similar animal in talking one level of fortune whilst operating with less, but - even then - he's fucking loaded. Tbh I'd have mixed feelings, dickhead owners are just that and Blackpool, Brighton and a few other clubs spend ages paying for the problems, even if fleeting success comes their way. So my worry is a frontloaded success would leave us where Knighton did. He was gone when we fell into the Conference but it was the long tail of his disasterous final half decade that did for us financially and landed us there. So, we'd feel about Trump the way the nation felt about Thatcher, I guess, some of the achievements would be appreciated but it's unlikely anyone would ever get to like him.

Though doubtless the snagging of the odd former international player and the inevitable sprint out of League Two would be a blast.

Wrong thread pb..... "Time added". Or, "cunts"...

Wasn't he an Arab? Or am I thinking of the wrong ground?

Rather than clutter up the thread discussing missing Leicestershire school girls I have decided to addres the Ranieri comments here.

I think that he has been handed a crock of shit. (Not his fault). I am unaware of his reputation as I am fairly parochial when it comes to football.

However he needs to have some early success because my reading of the situation is that he will not automatically have the terraces or the dressing room with him. He may have the confidence of the owners but how will he fair in a eightway relegation tussel?

I hope Nigel Pearson gets a new job soon.

I have a feeling he will do ok. Gerard houllier at aston villa ok. He will keep them up just basically. I think west ham and aston villa will struggle this season. Villa in their pre season games couldn't beat lower league opposition and they signed a host of new signings that will take time to bed in and have no premier league experience . Plus they lost benteke who has kept them up the last three seasons. watford ,Sunderland and aston villa relegated.

• Like 1

Lets hear it for the 169 Carlisle United supporters making the 779 mile, 19-hour round trip to Plymouth for tonight's game (which they lost 4-1).

That's dedication!

• Like 1

Lets hear it for the 169 Carlisle United supporters making the 779 mile, 19-hour round trip to Plymouth for tonight's game (which they lost 4-1).

That's dedication!

Baws.

Had been looking at this in last couple of days for other countries.

League wise, Vladivostok v Baltika Kalingrad is 10,468 km each way.

Domestic cupwise, French cup had Telissac v Tiffana at over 10,000 miles each way.

Soft Southern puffs :)

Not for the feint hearted....

Not for the feint hearted....

A United fan should do one ranting at how SHITE McNamara is as a manager

Jack Mac can GTF !

Take him in a heartbeat :)

Board sells half a team go us in 2 years, what more do you want? Ryan G might be the best if them, and I hope he stays in Portugal 2/3 years.

Scary Turkish fans..

post-101-14408506884936.jpg

Celtic drawn in same group you say?

post-101-14408506976534.jpg

&

HpCsMqH.png

Edut to add, our fellow g&w hoopsters from Sporting in Lisbon , joined in the fun as well.

Their official twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/sporting_cp

• Like 1

After Iceland home and away....... Lol.

Don't worry, you'll draw us in the play offs.

So I saw on the news, Wayne Rooney looked up at the sky when he equalled Bobby Charlton's "historic" record the other day. Did someone forget to tell him he's still alive?

Needless to say I won't be tuning into tonight's thrilling episode of "will he move up a notch in the record books/a Wikipedia article or not", which they should stop kidding around and just let it be hosted by Richard Osman for fuck's sake.

• Like 1

Twice in his meteoric career , has he got more than 17 in a season.

Overrated fuck.

Twice in his meteoric career , has he got more than 17 in a season.

Overrated fuck.

Isn't there a load more international games these days as well?

Also how does it feel to know Scotland could realistically be the only home nation not to qualify for Euro 2016?