I note Carlisle have Yeovil at home in the FA Cup, a great chance to get to the 4th round, I'd have thought.

I note Carlisle have Yeovil at home in the FA Cup, a great chance to get to the 4th round, I'd have thought.

They'll be in the 4th round draw before they get to the ground!

They'll have to use all their subs though....

• Like 3

The SFA have decided to restructure the league cup

The SPFL has announced an exciting new format for the Scottish League Cup, including competitive group football in July, a ground-breaking bonus point system, a new broadcast partner bringing more live TV games and increased revenues for clubs, and the re-introduction of a winter break.

Taking effect from summer 2016, the new format will see eight groups of five teams play each other once each in a round-robin format across five July dates (16th, 20th, 23th, 27th & 30th).

New broadcast partner BT Sport will show six group stage games live, within a total of 13 matches to be broadcast from next season. This new 80-game group stage will involve all 38 teams not involved in UEFA qualifiers plus winners of this season’s Highland League and Lowland League.

The group stage uses the traditional three points for a win and one point for a draw model however, in another innovation, all drawn matches will go straight to a penalty shoot-out whereby the winner of the shoot-out will be awarded a bonus point, believed to be a first in world football.

The bonus-point system is designed to create greater excitement around every match as well as providing more points variations to increase the number of meaningful games throughout the group stages. The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress to the second round, when they are joined by the four UEFA qualifying clubs and the competition reverts to traditional knock-out format.

The SPFL is delighted to announce that BT Sport will become the exclusive live TV broadcaster of the League Cup from summer 2016. BT Sport will screen six games from the group stage in July and a further seven games from the knock-out rounds for each of Seasons 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20. BT Sport’s new contract will increase the money available for all the clubs significantly.

Another benefit of the new format will be that it allows the re-introduction of a two-weekend winter break for Ladbrokes Premiership clubs during January 2017.

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster said: "The new format of the Scottish League Cup marks an exciting new chapter for the competition and sees Scottish football leading the way with a number of innovations.

"Fans, the media and clubs alike have expressed a desire for competitive summer football which will be delivered from next July while the ground-breaking bonus point system should add incentive to teams and excitement for supporters.

"We are delighted to welcome BT Sport as our exclusive League Cup TV broadcast partner and to have their support for the new format. Our agreement with BT Sport delivers a huge increase in the number of games being shown live as well as providing increased competition prizemoney for clubs.

"The new format has also enabled the re-introduction of a winter break for Ladbrokes Premiership clubs. We are consulting with Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs to establish whether they also favour a winter break in their respective divisions."

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: "BT Sport is thrilled to deepen its connection to Scottish football through this new long-term deal. Our team looks forward to bringing fans an exciting and innovative new competition from July 2016. Today’s agreement expands our summer programming line-up while also giving Scottish football fans an exciting new summer football competition."

The current Scottish League Cup format involves six rounds; the new format, scheduled to kick off on Saturday 16 July, 2015, involves four rounds plus the new group stage.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/new-l...7QT9CeLv0pu.99

They'll have to use all their subs though....

:bow: Brilliant :lol:

Oh, BTW: Ha-ha!

Louis Van LOL

England v Wales - 16th June - 2pm

Considering the revelations from Gordon Banks over the weekend combined with the draw for the Euros 2016 a really obsessive football fan could come up with a game for 2016 by compiling a squad (15 players) for each team at the Euros of former international players who might die during the year and have a Deathlist Euros league.

:referee: Good luck with that Mr Really Obsessive Football Fan.

I think Albania and Iceland might have some difficult research but even harder will be some of the Eastern European countries where to find any old people who are nationals of the current country you will have to find them playing for the original Eastern European country and then 'renationalise' them to their current country.

I think I'll just watch the footy!

I think Albania and Iceland might have some difficult research but even harder will be some of the Eastern European countries where to find any old people who are nationals of the current country you will have to find them playing for the original Eastern European country and then 'renationalise' them to their current country.

So, you could just about do a first team - 11 players - then?

Still not enough of an obsessive to do it, mind

Iceland ?

Arnor Gudjonson is their most famous player. He sired the one that played in England , Eidar, and has the distinction if being replaced by him in an international match.

He's still only 54 , but... ....

Perspective on why Scottish clubs are fucked in European terms by seeing what the Ruskies earn.

http://russianfootballnews.com/the-70-best-paid-players-in-russia-and-what-they-tell-us-about-the-league/

Perspective on why Scottish clubs are fucked in European terms by seeing what the Ruskies earn.

http://russianfootballnews.com/the-70-best-paid-players-in-russia-and-what-they-tell-us-about-the-league/

So the solution is Scottish independence, get rid of Trident, get some oligarchs to start pumping the Clyde estuary oil out, and then get them to all buy football teams. Simple. Largs Thistle, Rothesay Brandane and Huntly can be the Rubin Kazans of 2030s Scotland.

At the time of the referendum , I was faaar from joking about inviting Russia to have bases here.

They would've jumped at the chance because of access to the North Atlantic would be theirs, the Yanks would've got booted, England would've felt twitchy for ever and we would've made a Bob or two.

Win win win > infinity +1.

"The last time Eden Hazard scored, Caitlyn Jenner had a cock" :lol:

• Like 3

But that would probably result in those more obscure teams not doing very well which would probably mirror their performance on the football field.

Much as I'm not buying into all the Star Wars shit, this is pretty well done.

Most people will probably know but I just want to say that I am happy we don't have to listen to him moaning every week, at least for a wee while

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea sack boss after Premier League slump

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192

Most people will probably know but I just want to say that I am happy we don't have to listen to him moaning every week, at least for a wee while

Jose Mourinho: Chelsea sack boss after Premier League slump

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34670192

They're still getting relegated with Villa and Sunderland though.

Exeter City's 2-3 home defeat to Luton this afternoon was painful to watch. Luton scored after a blatant foul on our goalkeeper in the tenth minute of injury time and to make matters worse, some inebriated chav I was unfortunate enough to be stood next to obviously couldn't handle his drink and decided that would be a good time to splatter me and several others in the vicinity with vast quantities of cider infused vomit.

Exeter City's 2-3 home defeat to Luton this afternoon was painful to watch. Luton scored after a blatant foul on our goalkeeper in the tenth minute of injury time and to make matters worse, some inebriated chav I was unfortunate enough to be stood next to obviously couldn't handle his drink and decided that would be a good time to splatter me and several others in the vicinity with vast quantities of cider infused vomit.

That's disgusting!

More importantly, next time park a tractor infront of your goal! :D

Jose Morinho gets sacked by Chelsea and they win 3-1 at the weekend. He goes to watch Brigton who were unbeaten in 22 games, and Brighton lose 3-0 at home.

Jose Morinho gets sacked by Chelsea and they win 3-1 at the weekend. He goes to watch Brigton who were unbeaten in 22 games, and Brighton lose 3-0 at home.

There's good money in that ability.