All this switch our allegience blather. The whole point is ironic appreciation of those skilfully challenged to the point it defines their very existence, right?

So the only better candidate than the Fort I can see is Strathspey and that's a recent development. With all due respects to other candidates including Carlisle United the candidates advanced to date have - shock, horror! - genuine achievements on their CV (hell, five years ago I went to Wembley and saw Carlisle win a trophy!)

So, let's keep the debate focussed. Seriously, if not Fort, then who?

We've got to stick with the fort supporting them through thin and thinner.

Although we could set up a sister thread for England's worst club

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35959714

New Mills AFC

They failed to win a match in the Northern Premier League Division One North last season and their total of 3 points from 3 draws saw them relegated to the North West Counties League.

So with it once again starting early for scheduling reasons. Should football be in the Olympics?

I've always had a soft spot for Keymer & Hassocks, who are the only non-reserve team in the Mid-Sussex Football League Division Ten, the lowest step on the English football pyramid. They would need to record 22 consecutive promotions to play in the Premier League.

• Like 1

I've always had a soft spot for Keymer & Hassocks, who are the only non-reserve team in the Mid-Sussex Football League Division Ten, the lowest step on the English football pyramid. They would need to record 22 consecutive promotions to play in the Premier League.

Not exactly a scientific analysis but I just love their name and the big quiz night with "cash prizes" is asking a lofty £2 per head to enter.

I'm reckoning shite football and brilliant bacon sarnies are the norm down there, eh?

• Like 1

All this switch our allegience blather. The whole point is ironic appreciation of those skilfully challenged to the point it defines their very existence, right?

So the only better candidate than the Fort I can see is Strathspey and that's a recent development. With all due respects to other candidates including Carlisle United the candidates advanced to date have - shock, horror! - genuine achievements on their CV (hell, five years ago I went to Wembley and saw Carlisle win a trophy!)

So, let's keep the debate focussed. Seriously, if not Fort, then who?

We've got to stick with the fort supporting them through thin and thinner.

Inevitable I'd say, apart from owt else PB the Fort thread is mainly you and I talking to each other anyway.

• Like 1

Sky have decided McClaren should be Newcastle's commentary rep for tonight - you could't make it up

Sky have decided McClaren should be Newcastle's commentary rep for tonight - you could't make it up

It'd be awesome if he did in that cod Dutch accent he developed when he was over there.

Same shit. Different league.

My daughter's boyfriend plays for a local side and they got handfucked 9-0 today, and to add insult to injury he was brought on at half time and red carded precisely 7 minutes later 👍😄

• Like 1

So. less than ten minutes away from Gary Lineker in his underpants, oddly Mrs MPFC is showing a previously unnoticed interest in MOTD

• Like 3

So. less than ten minutes away from Gary Lineker in his underpants, oddly Mrs MPFC is showing a previously unnoticed interest in MOTD

Man in his underpants, the most anticipated TV event of the year. Boxers, thong or y-front do you think?

Man in his underpants, the most anticipated TV event of the year. Boxers, thong or y-front do you think?

Boxers, off to check if Mrs MPFC gets a touch of the vapours!

I'll let yers all know

I'll let yers all know

Is she hoping for a glimpse of little Gary perhaps?

I'll let yers all know

Is she hoping for a glimpse of little Gary perhaps?

Shorts don't count surely?

image.jpg

Frankly i'm disappointed. Although not as disappointed as they rest of the nation would be I suspect, if that was me.

You're disappointed! I was hoping for budgie smugglers type underpants! :lol:

• Like 3

You're disappointed! I was hoping for budgie smugglers type underpants! :lol:

You were after a bit of salt and shake no doubt.

• Like 2

Aye, and he cut and ran a couple of matches in

In other news Leicester City lost to relegation tipped Hull

Aye, and he cut and ran a couple of matches in

In other news Leicester City lost to relegation tipped Hull

Surely fairer to call Hull newly promoted at this point.

Regarding the toon - anyone know any League 1 stadiums?

The road to Cambridge beckons today for all followers of (unbeaten this season) Carlisle

I wonder what other readers of this thread do with their Saturday afternoons!

The road to Cambridge beckons today for all followers of (unbeaten this season) Carlisle

I see Radio Cambria have got Barrow v Dover on. Surely not a more important match than yours? Would't fancy that trip!

I'm guessing most other forumers won't be glued to the radio because nobody in the world at all deemed a 3pm away at Bristol worth televising. How the mighty have fallen. Periscope has even been used by some to provide Match's coverage already this season.

Swearing at the radio around 3pm, providing the hissy fit in the corner allows it.

I don't have it to hand, but FourFourTwo are predicting Carlisle for promotion this season. Given they predicted Leicester for relegation last season... be afraid?

• Like 2

Work. Keeping up-to-date on football cricket & Deathlist via phone