Sam Allardyce to be new England boss.

Probably means they won't get relegated.

I just get this horrible feeling that's its Graham Taylor all over again.

Expect a fair few cancelled season tickets at the stadium of shite. They're sick of being treat as a stepping stone club by mediocre managers and hovering at the bottom of the table.

Expect a fair few cancelled season tickets at the stadium of shite. They're sick of being treat as a stepping stone club by mediocre managers and hovering at the bottom of the table.

That 'mediocre' manager kept that club in the Premiership.

The least they can do is kiss his arse and wish him well.

5-1 at Paddy Power for England not to qualify for the next World Cup. Ah well, it's only in Russia...

Sunderland will be alright, they'll just hit the boost button again. And again and again and again....

And take him back within two years

Seriously, the man's won nowt at Premiershit level and he's already past 60 years old.

Am I wrong here - the only manager who'll turn our national team round is someone who combines tactical nouse, the ability to invoke Plan B when the opposition score and someone who's faced a dressing room full of massive egos and incredible wage packets and still made them feel like they had something to prove. Big Sam - I'm guessing - starts from keeping a clean sheet, extends to solid predictable tactics and isn't above explaning the fine line between a robust challenge and criminal assault. It'll be ploddingly effective up to World Cup qualification and come unstuck when some gleeful bunch of minnows get us in a knock out round and stick us with some set piece magic that gifts them a two goal lead by half time!

Rant fucking over!!

• Like 1

And take him back within two years

Seriously, the man's won nowt at Premiershit level and he's already past 60 years old.

Am I wrong here - the only manager who'll turn our national team round is someone who combines tactical nouse, the ability to invoke Plan B when the opposition score and someone who's faced a dressing room full of massive egos and incredible wage packets and still made them feel like they had something to prove. Big Sam - I'm guessing - starts from keeping a clean sheet, extends to solid predictable tactics and isn't above explaning the fine line between a robust challenge and criminal assault. It'll be ploddingly effective up to World Cup qualification and come unstuck when some gleeful bunch of minnows get us in a knock out round and stick us with some set piece magic that gifts them a two goal lead by half time!

Rant effing over!!

Agreed.

Big Sam is a Premier league manager but never an International one.

Then again........

Hull apparently interested in luring Chris Coleman away from his high-flying performance with the Welsh national team.

3 more toon players to go this week apparently (on top of Winaldjum and Townsend). Presumably sissoko, Perez and janmaat or krul.

Shit turnout at today's pre-season game (around 25k) against Vitesse Arnheim despite letting sprogs in for a fiver. 150 away fans making the most noise.

3 more toon players to go this week apparently (on top of Winaldjum and Townsend). Presumably sissoko, Perez and janmaat or krul.

Shit turnout at today's pre-season game (around 25k) against Vitesse Arnheim despite letting sprogs in for a fiver. 150 away fans making the most noise.

Meanwhile at the nail-biting end of professional football Carlisle prepare to open their next attempt at glory away at Portsmouth next Saturday (MPFC's ticket - check/ MPFC's new replica shirt-check) on the back of a pre-season campaign that has seen defeats away at Bradford City and (FFS!!) Barrow.

I'll keep you posted

• Like 1

Meanwhile at the nail-biting end of professional football Carlisle prepare to open their next attempt at glory away at Portsmouth next Saturday (MPFC's ticket - check/ MPFC's new replica shirt-check) on the back of a pre-season campaign that has seen defeats away at Bradford City and (FFS!!) Barrow.

I'll keep you posted

Should we all switch our allegiance from FWFC to Carlisle?

The LFNs will be off to what is left of White Hart Lane in a few weks to see us against Crystal Palace. It will be interesting to see how much the atmosphere will suffer from having part of the stadium missing. No jokes, the atmosphere is usually brilliant!

I'll keep you posted

Should we all switch our allegiance from FWFC to Carlisle?

That'd be a bit premature, especially with some notably small clubs - like Barnet - in the same division. We're just shaping up for another mediocre campaign. Though we do have a current internation amongst the new signings. He plays for St Kitts and Nevis.

Burton Albion could be a good club to switch our allegiance too

Clyde might actually get a win over the Thistle tonight as its our kids against their, I assume, main team.

1-0 to the Jags. It's been coming.

EDIT - 4-0 Thistle now. Well, this has been most enjoyable. I doubt our resident Clyde fan would agree though.

As a (lapsed due to distance away now) Clyde supporter, hope the jags get fucked over by us. ;-)

All this switch our allegience blather. The whole point is ironic appreciation of those skilfully challenged to the point it defines their very existence, right?

So the only better candidate than the Fort I can see is Strathspey and that's a recent development. With all due respects to other candidates including Carlisle United the candidates advanced to date have - shock, horror! - genuine achievements on their CV (hell, five years ago I went to Wembley and saw Carlisle win a trophy!)

So, let's keep the debate focussed. Seriously, if not Fort, then who?

EDIT - 4-0 Thistle now. Well, this has been most enjoyable. I doubt our resident Clyde fan would agree though.

Shame they are going to be hoofed out the League Cup soon :)

If Fort lost its Deathlist fans that'd knock its worldwide fandom down by about 90%, surely.

Besides, Carlisle are in the same league as Blackpool now - that's half way to being guaranteed surviving any potential relegation fights.

There's that club in Estonia who had a goal difference of -181 the other year, but apparently they've since gone bust.

All this switch our allegience blather. The whole point is ironic appreciation of those skilfully challenged to the point it defines their very existence, right?

So the only better candidate than the Fort I can see is Strathspey and that's a recent development. With all due respects to other candidates including Carlisle United the candidates advanced to date have - shock, horror! - genuine achievements on their CV (hell, five years ago I went to Wembley and saw Carlisle win a trophy!)

So, let's keep the debate focussed. Seriously, if not Fort, then who?

We've got to stick with the fort supporting them through thin and thinner.

• Like 2

Pah! It's just a diddy wee game that doesn't mean anything. *grinding teeth and crossing fingers behind my back.

• Like 1