The road to Cambridge beckons today for all followers of (unbeaten this season) Carlisle

I wonder what other readers of this thread do with their Saturday afternoons!

Go to White Hart Lane and watch Spurs win 1- 0 unconvincingly.

The road to Cambridge beckons today for all followers of (unbeaten this season) Carlisle

Swearing at the radio around 3pm, providing the hissy fit in the corner allows it.

I don't have it to hand, but FourFourTwo are predicting Carlisle for promotion this season. Given they predicted Leicester for relegation last season... be afraid?

We slept through most of the first half and conceded twice to a sucked punch and dodgy penalty. Went in 1-2 down because we crafted a basic goal out of nothing. Second half we tore through useless Cambridge, drew even then amused ourselves by missing sitters

My prediction - play offs at best

Cambridge in a relegation battle

Swearing at the radio around 3pm, providing the hissy fit in the corner allows it.

I don't have it to hand, but FourFourTwo are predicting Carlisle for promotion this season. Given they predicted Leicester for relegation last season... be afraid?

We slept through most of the first half and conceded twice to a sucked punch and dodgy penalty. Went in 1-2 down because we crafted a basic goal out of nothing. Second half we tore through useless Cambridge, drew even then amused ourselves by missing sitters

Wonder what our 'guest' armatige shanks would say about the odds.

Did you travel to the match? Not sure I'd fancy that long a journey!

W anker. At least one of my nags didn't let me down yesterday.

It's only about 80 miles up the road; similar to Newcastle to York. Sir Creep travels that distance just to buy breakfast. :lol:

It's only about 80 miles up the road; similar to Newcastle to York. Sir Creep travels that distance just to buy breakfast. :lol:
Erm. No it's ducking not. It's a 500 and odd mile round trip

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambridge+to+carlisle&oq=cambridge+to+carlisle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.12889j0j4&client=ms-android-orange-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Whereas Newcastle to York is a 160 odd mile round trip

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=ms-android-orange-gb&ei=oIS5V9O4JMyYgAbQjqaIAw&q=newcastle+to+york&oq=newcastle+to+york&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.109266.116936.0.117388.39.34.1.4.4.0.459.7655.0j9j17j2j3.31.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..22.17.3254.3..35i39k1j0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i46i67k1j46i67k1j35i39i70k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.P71lQ7n4PUU

If Sir Creep is travelling 500 miles to buy breakfast I strongly suggest he cooks if himself in future.

I hope you are not a geography teacher.

W anker. At least one of my nags didn't let me down yesterday.

Aye, stick to horses, you are shit at predicting football results. :D

• Like 1

Erm. No it's ducking not. It's a 500 and odd mile round trip

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambridge+to+carlisle&oq=cambridge+to+carlisle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.12889j0j4&client=ms-android-orange-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Whereas Newcastle to York is a 160 odd mile round trip

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=ms-android-orange-gb&ei=oIS5V9O4JMyYgAbQjqaIAw&q=newcastle+to+york&oq=newcastle+to+york&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.109266.116936.0.117388.39.34.1.4.4.0.459.7655.0j9j17j2j3.31.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..22.17.3254.3..35i39k1j0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i46i67k1j46i67k1j35i39i70k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.P71lQ7n4PUU

If Sir Creep is travelling 500 miles to buy breakfast I strongly suggest he cooks if himself in future.

Maryport lives in north-west Kent.

• Like 2

Erm. No it's ducking not. It's a 500 and odd mile round triphttps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambridge+to+carlisle&oq=cambridge+to+carlisle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.12889j0j4&client=ms-android-orange-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Whereas Newcastle to York is a 160 odd mile round triphttps://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=ms-android-orange-gb&ei=oIS5V9O4JMyYgAbQjqaIAw&q=newcastle+to+york&oq=newcastle+to+york&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.109266.116936.0.117388.39.34.1.4.4.0.459.7655.0j9j17j2j3.31.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..22.17.3254.3..35i39k1j0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i46i67k1j46i67k1j35i39i70k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.P71lQ7n4PUU

Well duck. Can I do him under the trade descriptions act for not living in maryport yet constantly bleating on about it?

Erm. No it's ducking not. It's a 500 and odd mile round triphttps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambridge+to+carlisle&oq=cambridge+to+carlisle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.12889j0j4&client=ms-android-orange-gb&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Whereas Newcastle to York is a 160 odd mile round triphttps://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=strict&client=ms-android-orange-gb&ei=oIS5V9O4JMyYgAbQjqaIAw&q=newcastle+to+york&oq=newcastle+to+york&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.109266.116936.0.117388.39.34.1.4.4.0.459.7655.0j9j17j2j3.31.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..22.17.3254.3..35i39k1j0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i46i67k1j46i67k1j35i39i70k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.P71lQ7n4PUU

Well duck. Can I do him under the trade descriptions act for not living in maryport yet constantly bleating on about it?

Well over 14,000 posts and - frankly - there's way more devoted to sick jokes than to Cumbria so the "fun" bit is safe, right.

In other news Derby County predictably beat Carlisle in the EFL cup

Then again nobody I heard ahead of the game predicted Derby would need 120 minutes of open play before finally sealing the win with the 32nd penalty of the night

Moral victory to Carlisle I reckon

• Like 1

14-13 on penalties? Unlucky.

Aye, we made the third round last year after turning over QPR, so we like the EFL Cup more than a few other lowly teams

The matchless glamour of Barnet awaits on Saturday - just looking at my ticket as I post this!

Aye, we made the third round last year after turning over QPR, so we like the EFL Cup more than a few other lowly teams

The matchless glamour of Barnet awaits on Saturday - just looking at my ticket as I post this!

I also find the EFL cup a bit crazy.

The PL teams Don't like it because they don't like it because they view it as unimportant or too many fixtures for the top sides. The Championship sides Don't like it because they are too busy trying to get out or stay in the championship. League 1 and League 2 sides are split over it but most fans like it whilst the clubs themselves don't see the point a lot of the time. Yet it keeps running year on year.

The PL teams Don't like it because they don't like it because they view it as unimportant or too many fixtures for the top sides. The Championship sides Don't like it because they are too busy trying to get out or stay in the championship. League 1 and League 2 sides are split over it but most fans like it whilst the clubs themselves don't see the point a lot of the time. Yet it keeps running year on year.

A few fans like it every year when - like the Carlisle contingent at QPR last year - they see giants killed (or some reserves turned over by a lowly first team)

A few fans like it every year when - like the Carlisle contingent at QPR last year - they see giants killed (or some reserves turned over by a lowly first team)

You didn't have a bad year in the cups last year. Hopefully, we'll get drawn against Sunderland/Middlesbrough (if they win) tonight,

Poor Wolves have got to come to St James Park twice in the space of a few days.

Great program about Scottish football on BBC 1 Scotland tonight. It mostly focused on the "two cheeks of the same arse". Other teams did get a mention at the start.

Not available yet, but hopefully will be soon - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07pqpfp

I forgot that was on. Thank goodness for On Demand.

The understated magnificence of the the modest, new-build soul-less Beehive awaits Carlisle United's London Branch today.

Barnet - improbably - were league leaders this time last week; hopefully we can continue the work of consigning them to their usual place (bottom ten of League Two and/or top end of the National League)

Given the sweltering conditions it doesn't feel like the football season - seriously, I'm slapping on suncream ahead of the pre-match pub garden.

I know there are wrassling fans as well as fit a ones on here.

Here's a combination :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/RSC240/status/769281113118404608

Welcome back fella :D

• Like 1

Lol.

Lucky Sam the Sham.

They're fuckin shite :)

• Like 1