Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Fuck that, I wouldn't do it.

I would.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole things getting boring now. (IMO) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harrogate Town - ave attendance 2019/20 = 1,333

 

Now a league club. They'll start the season playing somewhere else whilst their diminutive home has extra stands built and a grass pitch installed. 

 

Already favourites for relegation with the bookies but given the number of clubs teetering in the financial edge they might start mid-table with a few -12s below them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Harrogate Town - ave attendance 2019/20 = 1,333

 

Now a league club. They'll start the season playing somewhere else whilst their diminutive home has extra stands built and a grass pitch installed. 

 

Already favourites for relegation with the bookies but given the number of clubs teetering in the financial edge they might start mid-table with a few -12s below them

Yep if Stevenage are unsuccessful in their appeal against the action taken against Mansfield you'd have to think Mansfield will be there or there abouts in terms of relegation come the end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yep if Stevenage are unsuccessful in their appeal against the action taken against Mansfield you'd have to think Mansfield will be there or there abouts in terms of relegation come the end of the season

 

 

Hmm, with the added curve-ball that the longer the Covid disruptions continue the more likely it is that a few larger clubs will crash and burn and be obliged to go the Bury route of re-starting their hunt for football glory by running out in a league played on village greens and the like. Hereford, Chester and Maidstone have all had to do that already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eight out with covid and Andrew Constadine is suspended, I get paid tomorrow.  I'm very tempted to put the lot on the farmers to win.   That must be easy money. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/st-johnstone-v-aberdeen-on-but-eight-dons-players-ruled-out-due-to-covid-19-concerns/?fbclid=IwAR1YG6cS0tJVlDCbYeoYzcVDWH1KnSBXfpafb4kQFOIgznyx32KIsWl9ytM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2020 at 22:04, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:
On 24/07/2020 at 10:55, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Interest now turns to the major footballing event of the weekend, Saturday's National League South playoff semi finals.

I give you the heroic mighty Terras (Weymouth FC) taking on the professional divers and timewasters of Dorking (boo) for a place in next week's final to determine who goes up to the National League (formerly the Conference).

Yay, injury time winner! 3-2! 

Final v Dartford next week.

Sure you're all fascinated.....

Was away at the weekend with no wifi access so didn't post but sure you're all delighted to learn there was a happy ending (!) with the mighty Terras triumphing 3-0 against Dartford (who put all three over the bar) in a penalty shoot out to clinch back to back promotions. Now in the National League. Some of our best players are loanees from Bournemouth (our manager doubles as Cherries' U23 coach) and Eddie Howe's going could be bad news for us. Hopefully current assistant manager (and former Weymouth manager) Jason Tindall gets the job and the good relationship continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry "Big Heid" Maguire found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult in Greece

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53903703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wee Jum said:

Harry "Big Heid" Maguire found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult in Greece

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53903703

something something poor defence, something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson axed from Soccer Saturday, Paul Merson somehow remains. Fair enough, in the past few years they'd gone from sounding like your dad's mates at a golf club social but enjoyable to sounding like your dad's mates at a golf club social.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember one midweek evening when poor old Jules Warren had to referee a panel of Tony Gale, Iain Dowie, Tony Cottee and Paul Walsh. It was like a night dahn the facking Blind Beggar with the Krays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson axed from Soccer Saturday, Paul Merson somehow remains. Fair enough, in the past few years they'd gone from sounding like your dad's mates at a golf club social but enjoyable to sounding like your dad's mates at a golf club social.

 

Merson is the worst pundit in living history and I have listened to Andy "the sexist" Gray and the other Neville brother ex Englan Womans manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football experts - Liverpool and Leeds, will they draw?  I’ve got serious money on this. 
 

CUNTS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely my first and last post in this thread as I largely detest kicky ball, but this was mildly amusing: a game between two local German teams ended 37-0 when one of the teams decided it wasn’t safe to play without observing strict social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2020 at 17:29, Lard Bazaar said:

Football experts - Liverpool and Leeds, will they draw?  I’ve got serious money on this. 
 

CUNTS!

Assume the expletive was an edit?

 

Why in gods name are you betting on this stuff? Semi seriously....

 

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Likely my first and last post in this thread as I largely detest kicky ball, but this was mildly amusing: a game between two local German teams ended 37-0 when one of the teams decided it wasn’t safe to play without observing strict social distancing.

 

IDGAF either, but you cannot avoid the bloody game in this country. I derive what pleasure I can from putting on a semi pretence of supporting Arsenal just to annoy most of my friends who are Spurs mad.

The odd thing has been I actually end up wanting Arsenal to win...even though I really don't care, still can't figure that one out. Don't ask me to watch a whole match though, that's a step too far.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, En Passant said:

IDGAF either, but you cannot avoid the bloody game in this country.


See that’s the thing, aside from the four-yearly aggressive pandemic of a World Cup, of course you fucking can! Is it on the telly? Switch it over. Is there an article about it? Scroll past it. Is it playing in the pub? Talk about something interesting and it disappears. Are your friends talking about football? Talk about something interesting instead and it disappears. When a fan asks me what team I support, I say “McLaren”, which either just elicits a confused expression or changes the topic, either way stopping the tedious football chat dead in it’s tracks. “Do you follow the football?” “Nah.” Bang! And the cunt is gone. When someone makes a quip about a footballist or a team, just say “no idea” and that’s the end of that. So no, the notion that a game should hold us hostage as a nation is both preposterous and wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:


See that’s the thing, aside from the four-yearly aggressive pandemic of a World Cup, of course you fucking can! Is it on the telly? Switch it over. Is there an article about it? Scroll past it. Is it playing in the pub? Talk about something interesting and it disappears. Are your friends talking about football? Talk about something interesting instead and it disappears. When a fan asks me what team I support, I say “McLaren”, which either just elicits a confused expression or changes the topic, either way stopping the tedious football chat dead in it’s tracks. “Do you follow the football?” “Nah.” Bang! And the cunt is gone. When someone makes a quip about a footballist or a team, just say “no idea” and that’s the end of that. So no, the notion that a game should hold us hostage as a nation is both preposterous and wrong.

 

Just to say, I'm a big football fan and I find it very easy to ignore football's existence if I'm not in the bloody mood*, as can happen, so if you were a non-fan, I'd presume its even easier. Unless you're one of those people who keeps tabs on something you dislike just so you can mention how much you hate it, but meh to them.

 

*I'm a Scottish Thistle fan, this occurs with unsurprising regularity...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, msc said:

 

Just to say, I find it very easy to ignore football's existence if I'm not in the bloody mood*, as can happen, so if you were a non-fan, I'd presume its even easier.

 

*I'm Scottish, this occurs with unsurprising regularity...

 


Exactly what I’m saying.

 

And FTFY.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:


Exactly what I’m saying.

 

And FTFY.

 

Harsh, but fair. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Is it playing in the pub? Talk about something interesting and it disappears. 

 

That doesn't work. Or you've been in some very different pubs and clubs than I have. One place I've been its on 15 screens around the place and they've laid out reserved tables for the big projector screens and provide chips....You probably even know it, or at least where it is ' Basildon Q-ball'. (don't go anymore as it happens the competition changed venue)

 

Ofc I dont watch it on tv, you actually have to pay to get it and I don't watch much anyway and nothing 'broadcast live'. 

 

Interesting you say will divert my friends conversation eh? If only I were interesting :).... and they didn't behave like neanderthals when 22 guys chasing a pigskin is on. Yes yes, get better friends I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, En Passant said:

 

That doesn't work. Or you've been in some very different pubs and clubs than I have. One place I've been its on 15 screens around the place and they've laid out reserved tables for the big projector screens and provide chips....You probably even know it, or at least where it is ' Basildon Q-ball'. (don't go anymore as it happens the competition changed venue)

 

Ofc I dont watch it on tv, you actually have to pay to get it and I don't watch much anyway and nothing 'broadcast live'. 

 

Interesting you say will divert my friends conversation eh? If only I were interesting :).... and they didn't behave like neanderthals when 22 guys chasing a pigskin is on. Yes yes, get better friends I know.

To avoid seeing it in the pub, go to different pubs! (yes I'm aware this may mean finding different friends).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, time said:

To avoid seeing it in the pub, go to different pubs! (yes I'm aware this may mean finding different friends).

 

Sure but suppose you actually like your friends aside from their predilection for tedious ball games? And anyway, I've moved several times, found local friends and it's always been the same. Of course if one found friends from the local Operatic or Poetry society or something rather than the pub....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, En Passant said:

 

That doesn't work. Or you've been in some very different pubs and clubs than I have. One place I've been its on 15 screens around the place and they've laid out reserved tables for the big projector screens and provide chips....You probably even know it, or at least where it is ' Basildon Q-ball'. (don't go anymore as it happens the competition changed venue)

 

Ofc I dont watch it on tv, you actually have to pay to get it and I don't watch much anyway and nothing 'broadcast live'. 

 

Interesting you say will divert my friends conversation eh? If only I were interesting :).... and they didn't behave like neanderthals when 22 guys chasing a pigskin is on. Yes yes, get better friends I know.


Now you see the Q-Ball is specifically a sports bar, definitely the wrong place. That’d be like going to Colors and trying to avoid LGBTs.

 

If you’ve nothing interesting to say (which I highly doubt, don’t sell yourself short mate), say/do something mental. I’m reminded of Sean Lock once saying in a stand up routine of his that the best way to start a new conversation is to throw beer in a dog’s face. See how many people want to talk about fucking football then.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use