Michael Appelton sacked as manager of Blackburn, after 67 (sixty seven) days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21843906

Those indian owners are doing a wonderful job ...

... of destroying Blackburn rovers. So they are doing a wonderful job then. :D

Nah i like Blackburn there ok i guess .lol

Sunderland giving Martin O'Neill his P45 at this stage of the season is bonkers!!!!!! Basically the twats who run that club have relegated them for sure

Sunderland giving Martin O'Neill his P45 at this stage of the season is bonkers!!!!!! Basically the twats who run that club have relegated them for sure

That is one bad choice . After hearing that they are my favourites to go down with reading and QPR .

299124_10200353222586075_1946307034_n.jpg

63387_544624018892404_132046920_n.jpg

• Like 1

I really hope this isn't true. If R&C do go down south, it'll be the death of a lot of teams in Scotland.

I really hope this isn't true. If R&C do go down south, it'll be the death of a lot of teams in Scotland.

FIFA will take a dim view of a politician interfering in one of their acredited associations...

They are demanding to start in the Premiership. Which is FAF. If they want to go down to England to play they have to make there way through the leagues. I do believe getting rid of them would be good for the SPL in the long term, where 5 or 6 teams all have a chance of winning the league rather than the one team.

Lol, no chance. English clubs wouldn't want the competition re more chance of being relegated and definitely the police would bounce the idea in both teams counts. Thank fuck.

They've only just got rid of the smell of piss in Manchester after Rangers visit in 2008 when they played Zenit St.Petersburg

They've only just got rid of the smell of piss in Manchester after Rangers visit in 2008 when they played Zenit St.Petersburg

Go on take them. We don't want them

Only if they start off in the Combined Counties League

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22004803

I thought I'd post this here so other football fans can enjoy a trip down memory lane. In some cases, suppressed-memory lane.

I'm shocked by one particular omission though, that almost always gets mentioned in these articles. Anyone care to hazard a guess what specifically I'm referring to?

I'm shocked by one particular omission though, that almost always gets mentioned in these articles. Anyone care to hazard a guess what specifically I'm referring to?

Would it be the all-grey strip worn by Manchester Utd on the night Southampton put six past them?

Man Utd's excuse being that their players couldn't see each other ..... :referee:

I had to check the date on this because I thought it was more appropriate to 01/04.

Surely Rangers won't be back into the Scottish First Division by Autumn 2014.

Would it be the all-grey strip worn by Manchester Utd on the night Southampton put six past them?

Man Utd's excuse being that their players couldn't see each other ..... :referee:

ABSOLUTEMENT. (to borrow a phrase from Arnold Rimmer). That's in fact the first thing I was expecting to see. To correct you though, Man Utd only lost 3-1 that day. They did lose 6-3 to Southampton in a later game (dunno if it was the same season).

The Chelsea kit featured on that article greatly reminded me of it. What a corker that is. I honestly can't decide if I hate it or like it.

ABSOLUTEMENT. (to borrow a phrase from Arnold Rimmer). That's in fact the first thing I was expecting to see. To correct you though, Man Utd only lost 3-1 that day. They did lose 6-3 to Southampton in a later game (dunno if it was the same season).

The Chelsea kit featured on that article greatly reminded me of it. What a corker that is. I honestly can't decide if I hate it or like it.

That Chelsea kit is by no means their worst away kit; there's some real horrors here.

Its a shame these Brighton & Hove kits never got a mention

:brighton___hove_albion_1991-1993-change.gifbrighton+nobo%255B1%255D.jpg

You needed sunglassses whatever the weather.

Some (IMO) iconic Scottish football shirts

Dundee United

united%20strip.jpg

East Fife

EastFife1994-95Third.jpg

Celtic

5AD63BBB-0FF3-A772-666C5ACB2DD4C70F.jpg

Good 'effin Christ @ that pink Brighton shirt

After further consideration I've decided that orange and grey Chelsea kit is the best away kit ever.

Also, here's another, er, "classic" away kit from the mid-90's. Mail your eye surgery bills/complaints to Peterborough United FC.

peterborough-away-football-shirt-1994-1996-s_792_1.jpg

And finally I forgot to mention I actually owned the notorious grey Man Utd 3rd kit. My parents bought me one when I was a kid because they were selling 'em cheap after the Southampton debacle. I wonder if it's still somewhere in the house...

When did this whole thing of wearing an "away" strip start?

When I were a lass, the away team only wore their second strip if their colours clashed with the home side. Then at some point they started wearing their second strip just because they were the away team. This sometimes created a clash, but instead of reverting to the non-clashing first strip they wheel out yet another strip. There was never any need for a third strip, it is of course just to milk more money from the punters. :rolleyes:

And finally I forgot to mention I actually owned the notorious grey Man Utd 3rd kit. My parents bought me one when I was a kid because they were selling 'em cheap after the Southampton debacle. I wonder if it's still somewhere in the house...

Goodness, now I feel really old. :unsure:

To correct you though, Man Utd only lost 3-1 that day. They did lose 6-3 to Southampton in a later game (dunno if it was the same season).

It was the same season, if memory serves. Although my memory seems to be faulty.

Ah well, you have to make allowances for us aged old bats. :old:

No I think it was the next season actually (but I still can't be arsed to check properly).

BTW, don't worry I'm not that young so no need to feel that bad. This is a world of One Directions and Justin Biebers, everyone who's over 23 (and isn't a Facebook millionaire) is now considered a washed-up bum. Not that I'm saying that's a healthy situation we find ourselves in, of course.

Still the fact remains, all I have to do is look up a footballer on Wikipedia while I'm watching some on TV and see "Born: 1993" and I feel like Abe Simpson myself. Maybe it's just me and I'm dangerously neurotic.

Here you are .... different seasons but same year

The Joy of Six :lol:

A few names I'd forgotten there ... but it all comes flooding back. Entertaining read for Saints fans :P

Yeah certain family members used to never let me forget that back in "the day". Of course now I look back and laugh and wish the Premiership was interesting enough to feature "rubbish" teams putting six past Chelsea or Man Utd every once in a while.

You have to give the young(er) me some credit, I was a lot closer to Manchester United than most fans. :D

I was only a 20 minute rail journey away. Let's face it most of them lived, and continue to live, in Malaysia. By rights I probably should have been a Leeds fan instead. You remember this guy?:

Here's one for Maryport.

The FA Cup gets underway tomorrow...

I see we aren't eligible to win this year's FA Cup, but the Evo-Stik League One Div North should be a piece of piss. Come on Prescot Cables, Woodley Sports and Leigh Genesis, let's be avin ya.

It was, if you call winning the league by two goals after losing the final game while your rivals won 8-2 a piece of piss. Just six more promotions and we're in the Prem.

cityscarf.gif

First Division North

1. Chester 44 14 6 2 15 4 3 29 10 5 107 36 71 97

2. Skelmersdale 44 14 4 4 16 3 3 30 7 7 117 48 69 97

3. Chorley 44 14 3 5 11 8 3 25 11 8 87 43 44 86

4. Curzon Ashton 44 14 4 4 11 6 5 25 10 9 85 49 36 85

Evo-Stik Premier tucked away in front of 5,009, not bad for a seventh-tier match.

Gonna call this one early - barring a meltdown of biblical proportions, a third title/promotion in three years.

All things going well and the goats blow the playoffs as usual, the Wrexham-Chester derby is back on next year. Honez?!

100 points from a possible 111. Occy, any ideas on the best total/percentage?

Good 'effin Christ @ that pink Brighton shirt

After further consideration I've decided that orange and grey Chelsea kit is the best away kit ever.

Also, here's another, er, "classic" away kit from the mid-90's. Mail your eye surgery bills/complaints to Peterborough United FC.

peterborough-away-football-shirt-1994-1996-s_792_1.jpg

Reminds me of this

Gk1996RedAction.jpg

Very camp looking and the kit is not too nice either.

Taste the rainbow. :D