maryportfuncity

Deadio Times

When you can't be easily cared for at home then a hospice is a far kinda place to get the care needed.

Aye I think I get that, and rest for carers etc etc, but the boy was doing shows at the end of the week.

This seems sort of 'sudden'..

• Like 1

He was doing shows recorded in his own home though, rather than in the studio, and from what I understand he hasn't been to a Derby County game this year (which for a sports reporter is pretty hard). Plus considering how he's not been making appearances in association with his charity and the fact that there's quite a few "prayers for Colin" tweets from local journos in the area right now, I'm guessing he doesn't make the end of the football season.

• Like 2

Cheers Spade, I hadn't twigged the shows were from home.

That's marks him as Sam Simon territory , ie a fortnight.

Did not that his upbeat shtik on "tumours reducing" the other week , only mentioned ones in two areas. Which, when you are riddled, isn't 'that' upbeat.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

It's crazy how things have changed so quickly. A doctor quoted weeks at me yesterday with survival but I'm hoping to last a bit longer :-)

It's crazy how things have changed so quickly. A doctor quoted weeks at me yesterday with survival but I'm hoping to last a bit longer :-)

It sounds like he chose to believe in all the good developments of his illness, but also to ignore the negative developments.

June 4th..

Hmmm, that tweet makes it look like things have changed quickly in his favour, yet the tweet a minute before makes me think otherwise.

"Colin Bloomfield @ColinBloomfield

Follow

The brain scan last showed the tumours are getting worse and from here on in it's making me as strong as possible to cope with any new drug."

Edit: it would've been helpful if he had put the timeframe after 'last', last what? Night, week, month......

I think I will be well out in the sweepstakes, if he is relying on new drugs.

BBC Radio Devon presenter Tony Beard, who has hosted a Sunday afternoon show almost since the dawn of time, has announced he is suffering from bladder cancer.

OAKLAND, CA -- KPFA radio host and producer Wesley Burton was identified as the victim of a fatal hit-and-run crash Saturday morning in Oakland.

Burton, 36, was headed home from a producing shift about 2:20 a.m. when a speeding Dodge Charger hit his Mercury Sable in the 5900 block of Martin Luther King Way. The daytime board operator and co-host of Sideshow Radio and After Hours was pronounced dead at the scene.

SC

http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_27945603/oakland-driver-who-died-saturday-crash-identified

BBC Radio Devon presenter Tony Beard, who has hosted a Sunday afternoon show almost since the dawn of time, has announced he is suffering from bladder cancer.

Did he say he was pissed off?

Oh, aye, I was just leaving.

• Like 1

Colin Bloomfield dead at 33. I found this out because there's gonna be a minute's silence before the Cobblers' game against Burton Albion this afternoon in memory.

Sad, and very cruel how all the youth and optimism was for naught.

Actually there's going to be a minute's applause for Bloomfield now, so as not to clash with the minute's silence in memory of the Bradford Fire victims.

Vaguely reminiscent of when Premier League matches had a minute's silence for Brian Moore, and a few weeks later three minutes' silence for the 9/11 victims, equating Moore as being worth 1,000 Americans.

Colin Bloomfield dead at 33. I found this out because there's gonna be a minute's silence before the Cobblers' game against Burton Albion this afternoon in memory.

BBC Website report for those that need it.

Actually there's going to be a minute's applause for Bloomfield now, so as not to clash with the minute's silence in memory of the Bradford Fire victims.

Vaguely reminiscent of when Premier League matches had a minute's silence for Brian Moore, and a few weeks later three minutes' silence for the 9/11 victims, equating Moore as being worth 1,000 Americans.

9/11 (& Diana) was the point when minute silences in football went a bit skew...

Morbidly ironic that a key hit in the 20th year of the Derby Dead Pool should be from Derby...

Wish we hadn't given Burton the dignity of that applause, we're 3-0 down to them within 40 minutes.

Cheers Spade, I hadn't twigged the shows were from home.

That's marks him as Sam Simon territory , ie a fortnight.

Did not that his upbeat shtik on "tumours reducing" the other week , only mentioned ones in two areas. Which, when you are riddled, isn't 'that' upbeat.

3 days out , why did I go for June in the sweep?

Irish broadcaster Derek Davis is dead after a short illness at 67:

He always had weight problems, but lost five stone last year after gastric surgery. I guess it didn't help... He also won something called Celebrity Bainisteoir.