B-52’s – Deadbeat Club

Björk – Play dead

Aloe Blacc – Loving you is killing me

Bloodhound Gang – I hope you die

Buggles – Video killed the radio star

Isobell Campbell & Mark Lanegan – We die and see beauty reign

Brandi Carlile – Dying day

Brandi Carlile – Until I die

Mary Chapin Carpenter – Dead Man Walking (a dream like this)

Johnny Cash – Ain't no grave

Johnny Cash – Oh bury me not

Johnny Cash – Where the soul of man never dies

Johnny Cash – The engineer's dying child

Johnny Cash – I'd rather die young

Creed – Never die

Dave Davies – Death of a clown

Duran Duran – A view to a kill

Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Murder on the dancefloor

Feist – Let it die

Feist – Graveyard

Roberta Flack – Killing me softly with his song

Golden Kanine – All must die

Get Well Soon – A burial at sea

Ellie Goulding – Dead in the water

John Grant – Where dreams got to die

Flip Grater – Burn it when I die

The Great Crusades – Drunkard on a drunkards grave

The Great Crusades – The killing moon

Adam Green – Baby's gonna die tonight

Adam Green – I wanna die

HIM – Join me (In death)

HIM – Bury me deep inside your heart

HIM – Death is in love with us

The Hives – Die, all right

The Hives – Dead quote Olympics

Hobotalk – Life amongst these graves

Hobotalk – Between the graveyard and your door

Holmes – Dead soul of a city boy

Joy Division – Dead Souls

Gladys Knight – Licence to kill

Kula Shaker – Grateful when you’re dead

L.A. Style – James Brown is dead

Larkin Poe – In my time of dyin'

Ray LaMontagne – New York City is killing me

LaRoux – In for the kill

Madonna – Til death do us part

Mando Diao – Killer Kaczynski

Dan Mangan – If I am dead

Dan Mangan – Regarding death and dying

Scott Matthew – Buried alive

Paul McCartney/Wings – Live and let die

McGuinness Flint – When I’m dead and gone

Midnight Choir – Death second inches away

Midnight Choir – Death's threshold step #2

Midnight Oil – The Dead Heart

Morrissey – You have killed me

My Chemical Romance – Cemetery Drive

Sinead O’Connor – I am stretched on your grave

Peaches – Fuck or Kill

Queen – Killer Queen

Rage Against The Machine – Killing in the name

Ramones – Pet Cemetary

Robyn – Love kills

16 Horsepower – Dead run

The Smiths – Meat is Murder

The Smiths – Queen is dead

Bruce Springsteen – Dead man walkin’

Ralph Stanley – O death

Cat Stevens – But I mighty die tonight

Cat Stevens – Tuesday's dead

30 Seconds to Mars – The Kill (Bury me)

The Ting Tings – Soul Killing

Toten Hosen – You’re dead

Trooper Da Don ft. Vanessa S. – Ride or die (I need you)

Rufus Wainwright – In a graveyard

Tom Waits – Whistlin' past the graveyard

Tom Waits – Muder in the red barn

Tom Waits – Starving in the belly of a whale

Tom Waits – Flower's grave

Tom Waits – Dead and lovely

Tom Waits – Redrum

The Weepies – Suicide blonde

The Weepies – Not dead yet

Kurt Weill – Ruf aus der Gruft

The Whitest Boy Alive – Dead End

Robbie Williams – Bodies

Robbie Williams – Old before I die

Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Blackie’s dead

Awesome fella, you want a job? Any experience presenting radio shows?

Oh aye, and the rest on yers...

1 - Keep them suggestions coming and I promise I'll do summat about it.

2 - We're a signature away from finding an online partner for our show who'll load it onto a site, giving us a - sort of - listen again option.

3 - I've played Rod Stewart once in my lifetime on radio...surely that's enough!

3 - I've played Rod Stewart once in my lifetime on radio...surely that's enough!

That's me told. :unsure:

What about 'Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner' by Warren Zevon, does that count?

Awesome fella, you want a job? Any experience presenting radio shows?

:D Thank you/ Oh yes, pleeeease!/ No, never did anything like that.

Me and my younger brother (Booklet, haha!) created some lists about several topics just out of boredom and fun. Those lists are never complete, e.g. I forgot to mention Jamiroquais "Too young to die". Give me 5 minutes and I will name you 5 other songs... :P It's fun!

How about a show with just drug songs

Starter for 10...(ones I own :-))

Legalise it - Winterset

Needle and the damage done - Neil Young

Golden Brown - Stranglers

Pink turns to blue - Husker Du

Born Slippy - Underworld

Sorted for Es and Whizz - Pulp

Meds - Placebo

Just like honey - Jesus and Mary chain

Heroin - velvet underground

Hurt - NIN or Johnny Cash (both are brilliant)

Not exactly sure Legalise It is about drugs, Welshy - slightly misleading title. But what do I know, I only wrote the fucker.

Couple of Mike Skinner's on-one tunes I'm quite keen on - nails the 2am love-ya-mate feel in Weak Become Heroes and the less euphoric 6am moments with Blinded by the Lights.

Many of the Hussey era Sisters of Mercy tracks would warrant a play, like Kiss The Carpet & Amphetamine Logic.

Ultimately, every word is a drug reference in The Fell Good Hit of The Summer by Queens of the Stone Age

How about a show with just drug songs

Starter for 10...(ones I own :-))

Legalise it - Winterset

Needle and the damage done - Neil Young

Golden Brown - Stranglers

Pink turns to blue - Husker Du

Born Slippy - Underworld

Sorted for Es and Whizz - Pulp

Meds - Placebo

Just like honey - Jesus and Mary chain

Heroin - velvet underground

Hurt - NIN or Johnny Cash (both are brilliant)

Not exactly sure Legalise It is about drugs, Welshy - slightly misleading title. But what do I know, I only wrote the fucker.

Couple of Mike Skinner's on-one tunes I'm quite keen on - nails the 2am love-ya-mate feel in Weak Become Heroes and the less euphoric 6am moments with Blinded by the Lights.

I believe our chat the other day went like this; "Harry, is "Kiss the wall stroke the floor" a drug song?", "No, but "legalise it" is".

Anyway MPFC scratch that one.

I seem to remember 'Some Candy Talking' by the Jesus and Mary Chain causing a bit of a brouhaha when I was a nipper...

Hero and Heroine. The Strawbs

Classic drug song

Ebeneezer Goode by the Shamen & Everything starts with an E by E Z Possy

The original working title for New Order's 'World in Motion' in 1990 was 'E for England'...

• Like 1

Reet gang, back from a couple of days break in Guernsey (perfect destination if - like me - you think the whole concept of holidays somewhat over-rated). Did amuse myself doodling druggie show ideas over there, so summat will get pre-recorded over the next week or so and I'll give yers a heads up when we broadcast it.

Oh aye, and it'd be convenient if I made the same mistake as Welshie and slipped in Legalize It, right?

I can't remember if I mentioned this before on here, but in a moment of boredom I put together a Spotify playlist solely of songs by musicians who'd murdered someone. Unsurprisingly it's nearly entirely blues, country and west coast hip-hop.

They hang their heads and cry: a playlist of musicians who actually killed someone

I can't remember if I mentioned this before on here, but in a moment of boredom I put together a Spotify playlist solely of songs by musicians who'd murdered someone. Unsurprisingly it's nearly entirely blues, country and west coast hip-hop.

They hang their heads and cry: a playlist of musicians who actually killed someone

I did summat similar recently Spade, though I extended it to the likes of Charles Manson and gave pride of place to the Black Metal wars in Norway in which one singer murdered the singer in a rival band.

• Like 1

I did summat similar recently Spade, though I extended it to the likes of Charles Manson and gave pride of place to the Black Metal wars in Norway in which one singer murdered the singer in a rival band.

Mary, you may know the answer to this.

I read, a long way back, that Marvin Gaye had been in the frame for murdering a singer?

I cant remember her name but I could have sworn it was somebody he had sung with and Im fairly certain that the whispers were that he had bashed her head in with a hammer.

Am I imagining this?

I read, a long way back, that Marvin Gaye had been in the frame for murdering a singer?

I cant remember her name but I could have sworn it was somebody he had sung with and Im fairly certain that the whispers were that he had bashed her head in with a hammer.

Am I imagining this?

I always thought that was Sam Cooke.

Am I imagining this?

Whatever happened to that guy anyway? "Let's Get It On" is one of the most famous songs of all time and it seems like he was pretty huge for a while, but then, one day, just BOOM, he was nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

Am I imagining this?

I think perhaps it was David Ruffin of the Temptations, rumoured to have caused the brain tumour that killed Tammi Terrell, good friend and singing partner of Mr Gaye.

In the billiard room, with the lead piping, whilst on cloud nine.

The Temptations managed to fit more sex pests, woman beaters, junkies and general sociopaths into their ranks than pretty much any other band.

Am I imagining this?

I think perhaps it was David Ruffin of the Temptations, rumoured to have caused the brain tumour that killed Tammi Terrell, good friend and singing partner of Mr Gaye.

In the billiard room, with the lead piping, whilst on cloud nine.

Aye, that's as I recall it. Gaye really cared about Terrell and killed nobody. I think it's right that Gaye's said - just before shooting Marvin - "This is the last 45 you'll ever hear!"

The Temptations managed to fit more sex pests, woman beaters, junkies and general sociopaths into their ranks than pretty much any other band.

Disappointing that they were fairly average when I saw them years ago, then.

I woulld have thought Layla might have made it in to the list. The co-writer, Jim Gordon, did time for the murder of his mother.

Layla's the last track on the list. He's still locked up, as this delightful Californian Prison Service search engine will tell you:

avxWFx4.png

Being as he played the drums on "Apache" by the the Incredible Bongo Band, he may be the second most-sampled musician of all time, just behind perennial deathlist possibility Clyde Stubblefield.

• Like 1