On 17/08/2024 at 15:23, time said:

The price of coffee.

I'm not talking about your Starbucks or Costa coffees (if you're stupid enough to drink coffee in those places you deserve to be ripped off), but the price of ground coffee in supermarkets. On my  last visit to Tesco (other supermarkets are as bad) my preferred coffee has increased in price by 28%.

I know bad weather has affected the harvest but 28% increase is taking the piss.

The reason for the sharp increase in price is that there is a worldwide shortage of coffee.

The main cause of this is @Sir Creepstockpiling the stuff to pay off all his debts on this site.

(I want my 10lb of coffee :evil:)

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

The new Google search AI feature, not only does it only give accurate information 50% of the time but it looks awful.

On a similar note, that new Google Gemini ad. Specifically the man who says 'wowwwwwwww' because he generated a fake picture of a 'kersploosh' (whatever that is). Makes me want to slam the lid of his laptop really hard on his fingers over and over until he's saying 'wowwwww' for a very different reason. 

Tesco pricing in general.

I do my parents shopping for them as they can't cope with supermarkets. But the big Tescos I've noticed that the price match is utter con.

For example- Carrs cheese biscuits. Were £1.25 on a Aldi price match for weeks if not months. This week- that's ended. But they are now on a Club card special price of £2.00. So a special price increase of 60%

Robbing liars. 

• Like 1

On 20/08/2024 at 05:44, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Tesco pricing in general.

I do my parents shopping for them as they can't cope with supermarkets. But the big Tescos I've noticed that the price match is utter con.

For example- Carrs cheese biscuits. Were £1.25 on a Aldi price match for weeks if not months. This week- that's ended. But they are now on a Club card special price of £2.00. So a special price increase of 60%

Robbing liars. 

Go to Waitrose around 5-6pm and their reduced section can have bargains. Especially with meat.

Somebody reported TV presenter Kirstie Allsop to social services for allowing her 15 year old to go travelling in Europe. He's now 16 anyway. Jesus H Christ on a bike, the things I was doing at 15.

No wonder this country has no money, it's spending it on this senseless shite.

• Like 2

Train tickets.

Convenient Train Ticket.jpg

• Like 5

Kitchen foil.

Used to line the grill pan with this and it caught all the drippings from fatty foods like bacon and burgers, so the pan stayed clean for longer.

Now the foil seems to be porous as the grease goes right through it.  Even the so-called strong foil.

When did this change and why?

Oldies TV channels using newly filmed videos. This was mildly annoying back in the 80s and 90s when they just shoved a bunch of stock video footage together. But with the explosion of the Now... channels, why is Jack Quaid in the video CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?"? It came out 21 years before he was born. And using "kinetic lyrics videos" for songs by The Real Thing or Billy Ocean like this was 2011 YouTube, get to fuck.

People who write Argos or Amazon reviews with either 1 or 5 stars saying utter shite like:

"Bought it for my grandson for Christmas, don't know yet."

"Delivery was on time"

"Good service, driver was friendly"

"Delivery came later than expected"

"Box left out in rain otherwise product was fine"

"Don't know, haven't opened it yet"

FFS

• Like 6

On that subject, Amazon have dropped the question section. While it was annoying when people responded with unhelpful answers *

("Does this fit a VW Golf?"

"Sorry, I don't know, I have a Ford Focus.")

there's now no easy way to seek answers from other users.

They've replaced it with a summary of all the reviews, which is pretty pointless.

* To be fair, what happened was if you'd bought the item that was being enquired about, Amazon emailed you the question. It was not made clear that your reply was being sought for publication. 

• Like 1

And then, when you do manage to order the right thing....

Knock Down Ginger.jpg

• Haha 3

Went to the Waves car wash at Tesco today. Have used it for years as it's handy to leave the car to be washed while you do your shopping.   It's always been busy.

Lately the franchise changed hands, and it was closed for a while. This was the first time I'd been back.

I parked, and sat in the car getting the car key off the bunch of other keys. The fellow came out of his booth and approached me.  Well that's not normal, they're usually too busy for that, and it was then I noticed that there were no cars being washed.  I thought he was going to tell me it was out of order or something like that.  But no.

He circled round the car and told me that it was too dirty!  Wanted to charge me an extra £5 !  I said, no wonder you've got no customers. Why would I bring a clean car to be washed?

He started arguing the toss and, indicating other cars, said "Do you see any other cars here as dirty as yours?"

Naturally I told him to FRO and went elsewhere.

Had a look at the local FB community page and it seems they make a habit of this.  People are not going back.  I certainly won't.

• Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Went to the Waves car wash at Tesco today. Have used it for years as it's handy to leave the car to be washed while you do your shopping.   It's always been busy.

Lately the franchise changed hands, and it was closed for a while. This was the first time I'd been back.

I parked, and sat in the car getting the car key off the bunch of other keys. The fellow came out of his booth and approached me.  Well that's not normal, they're usually too busy for that, and it was then I noticed that there were no cars being washed.  I thought he was going to tell me it was out of order or something like that.  But no.

He circled round the car and told me that it was too dirty!  Wanted to charge me an extra £5 !  I said, no wonder you've got no customers. Why would I bring a clean car to be washed?

He started arguing the toss and, indicating other cars, said "Do you see any other cars here as dirty as yours?"

Naturally I told him to FRO and went elsewhere.

Had a look at the local FB community page and it seems they make a habit of this.  People are not going back.  I certainly won't.

Is the site big enough to build a block of flats on?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, time said:

Is the site big enough to build a block of flats on?

It's a Tesco - one down from the biggest size. 

On 09/09/2024 at 17:25, En Passant said:

And then, when you do manage to order the right thing....

(snip)

Whenever I'm expecting deliveries, I open my window so I can hear the driver pulling up. This is because they knock the door with the strength of a midge and then run straight off. I once had a driver who shit talked me to a passer-by outside for "not answering the door", despite the fact he definitely didn't knock (loudly) because I'd've heard it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Father Brown said:

Whenever I'm expecting deliveries, I open my window so I can hear the driver pulling up. This is because they knock the door with the strength of a midge and then run straight off. I once had a driver who shit talked me to a passer-by outside for "not answering the door", despite the fact he definitely didn't knock (loudly) because I'd've heard it.

I work with deliveries, and I've had problems with customers who complained about knocking too hard on the gate, a customer, but this after knocking twice and no one answered, pressing the doorbell and nothing, then we insist and the customer gets angry with us still
I'm not saying this is your case, I'm just telling you what happened to me.
A client opened the door crying saying she woke up scared (she even called her husband), if she was sleeping how would she hear?
Another threatened me, pretending that I had damaged the gate, and threatening to shoot me, he even went to the car and threatened to take something, the curious thing is that I had to knock more than once, as they didn't answer me.
I say again, until today I don't know why they did this, because I didn't hit hard, I just hit in a way that they would hear

• Like 2