2 hours ago, Toast said:

Minor grumble. 

I don't seem to have a record of my NHS number anywhere, which has been inconvenient when trying to sign up for various online things.  Today I went for my second Covid jab, and the receptionist helpfully wrote it on the back of my vaccination card.  Got home and was about to add it to my list of aides-memoire, turned the card over and ..... no number.  Thought I was going demented for a minute, then realised what had happened.  While I was having the jab, the clerk person instead of writing the batch number of the second dose on my card wrote out an entirely new card. So no NHS number on the back.  Grrrrr.

You are that fucking old, she used Roman numerals.  :ph34r:

:)

People who promised you they'll look after something you cherish when you give it up and then disappear off into the sunset leaving it to rack and ruin with no care for it.... tossers the lot of them. 

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You are that fucking old, she used Roman numerals.  :ph34r:

:)

If I was that fucking old I'd have had my second jab long before today.  B)

8 hours ago, Toast said:

Ditto.:D

8 hours ago, Toast said:

26 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ditto.:D

I feel quite young now ;) (mine's due next month)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, time said:

I feel quite young now ;) (mine's due next month)

Mine too.

This has probably already been said, but 24hr news channels and hourly news updates on the TV / radio. Do we really need to be constantly told about how crap or otherwise things are? With the rise of the web it's easier to find out what's happening than turning on the TV et al. I found out about Phil's death on here - short and concise.

• Like 2

When the Air Ambulance lands in the village ......

of course everyone's straight on to Facebook to try and figure out who it's for.

"Hope it's nothing serious" says someone.

Of course it'll be serious, you twat, it's the fucking Air Ambulance.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Local Facebook groups.

You know the ones. When electric board has been marking pavements for works "Linda" or "Shaz Ilovebaz" comment that it's either demonic forces at work. Or dog kidnappers. 

The area you live in depends on the quality of anger in said groups.

If council- be prepared for dog kidnapping, fires with "cloud" light fittings causing major improvements to B and M decorated homes, and announcements of affairs "he's left so I'm having a Bonfire at 6pm of his fake Boss shirts" followed by "PM Hun?!"

If Posh- it'll be traffic calming needed in the quietest country lane or random photos of crisp packets saying "this used to be a nice neighbourhood"

If nothing else- these groups are good for a laugh on a dark day but some people shouldn't be allowed the Internet....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mostly moaning about dog shit in ours.  Except everyone, even the BBC, refers to it as "poo" nowadays.  I don't understand why everybody uses baby talk. 

And the complainers like to post photographs of the droppings (see, no need to swear either).  This I find more offensive than the real stuff as it doesn't naturally decay, and I tend to be eating my lunch when I look at Facebook.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Mostly moaning about dog shit in ours.  

We're the same. Either that or sheep and/or lambs out their fields and on the verges by the roads, or what time does the 8 o'clock bus leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

We're the same. Either that or sheep and/or lambs out their fields and on the verges by the roads, or what time does the 8 o'clock bus leave.

You haven't said much of anything lately... I miss you. :(

Paul Bearer... are you OK?

• Like 1

Really annoying "buyer" on Ebay.  Pester pester pester.  It started with them asking how much to post to France.  I'd only listed UK postage. 

I wish I had just said No. 

After that it was question after unnecessary question, then they wanted me to stop the auction and sell it to them.  I said no, just leave a bid.  They kept on.  For days.

Eventually I enabled the "Best Offer".  No offer came.  Then they said Ebay wouldn't let them make an offer from France :scratchhead:

And demanded that I stop the auction and sell it to them privately.  I said No, it was against the rules, and blocked them.

This didn't prevent them messaging me again with the same demand, upon which I told them I would report them to Ebay if they tried to contact me again.

All this for a postcard sized item priced at a fiver.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toast said:

Really annoying "buyer" on Ebay.  Pester pester pester.  It started with them asking how much to post to France.  I'd only listed UK postage. 

I wish I had just said No. 

After that it was question after unnecessary question, then they wanted me to stop the auction and sell it to them.  I said no, just leave a bid.  They kept on.  For days.

Eventually I enabled the "Best Offer".  No offer came.  Then they said Ebay wouldn't let them make an offer from France :scratchhead:

And demanded that I stop the auction and sell it to them privately.  I said No, it was against the rules, and blocked them.

This didn't prevent them messaging me again with the same demand, upon which I told them I would report them to Ebay if they tried to contact me again.

All this for a postcard sized item priced at a fiver.

What an adventure!  :o

This makes my head hurt...  :blink:

Toast... you're a very patient person.  :angel:

Ebay... Don't count on me.  :smiley_f:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MariNisia said:

You haven't said much of anything lately... I miss you. :(

Paul Bearer... are you OK?

Yes, thank you for your concern. All good. 

11 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Yes, thank you for your concern. All good. 

That's good to hear... ;)

• Like 1

Trying to double-check the suitability of light bulbs in IKEA, I asked an assistant (using that term loosely).

"Is this the right bulb for that lamp?"

"Yes.  All our bulbs fit all our lamps."

:shock2:

Really?  I wonder how many people she's "assisted" with that misinformation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Trying to double-check the suitability of light bulbs in IKEA, I asked an assistant (using that term loosely).

"Is this the right bulb for that lamp?"

"Yes.  All our bulbs fit all our lamps."

:shock2:

Really?  I wonder how many people she's "assisted" with that misinformation.

@Toast... Good heavens! :o

Everything seems to happen to you! :(

Ebay... IKEA... Meghan Markle... :rolleyes:

I'm starting to worry a little bit about you, @Toast:wacko:

Be careful when you cross the street... :mellow:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MariNisia said:

@Toast... Good heavens! :o

Everything seems to happen to you! :(

Ebay... IKEA... Meghan Markle... :rolleyes:

I'm starting to worry a little bit about you, @Toast:wacko:

Be careful when you cross the street... :mellow:

Nothing "happened" to me, dear.   :rolleyes:

But you might be better occupied worrying about IKEA's staff training.   :facepalm:

45 minutes ago, Toast said:

But you might be better occupied worrying about IKEA's staff training. 

But of course, yet this is just the price you pay for the price you pay.

Alternatively I could also have said something along the lines of: - if the people at the top are going to make billions yet the price is what attracts customers in the first place, then savings have to be made somewhere... so it's staff pay and training. But 1. this is hardly news to anyone, and 2. It's far less snappy. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, En Passant said:

But of course, yet this is just the price you pay for the price you pay.

Alternatively I could also have said something along the lines of: - if the people at the top are going to make billions yet the price is what attracts customers in the first place, then savings have to be made somewhere... so it's staff pay and training. But 1. this is hardly news to anyone, and 2. It's far less snappy. 

I was just :o that somebody could be surrounded by so many different types of lamps and light fittings and blithely claim that they were all the same.

56 minutes ago, Toast said:

I was just :o that somebody could be surrounded by so many different types of lamps and light fittings and blithely claim that they were all the same.

Oh me too, but they probably aren't 'lighting department certified' and tomorrow will be claiming that polypropylene carpets are made from Welsh sheep and the day after that all the King sized fitted sheets are made from 800 thread Egyptian cotton....because those are the departments they got shoved in.

And frankly for 9 quid an hour I might be the same.

All I'm really saying is I would be surprised if I got the same level of product knowledge at John Lewis, or perhaps more topically since they just went bust, Debenhams.

Though of course I know you know this.

The BBC website weather forecasts.  They have a habit of showing forecasts where the images do not match the caption at all.

image.png.6d8b3210a4de54a9c8b2d6f07713bb1b.png

And now I've looked again, the sneaky cunts have changed it.

image.png.f3dad5f5f580a6c6aa1ea779342166be.png

• Like 1

Nvm that. It's been yankified, that's Fahrenheit, yech.

Well either that or global warming is speeding up a bit.

21 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Nvm that. It's been yankified, that's Fahrenheit, yech.

Well either that or global warming is speeding up a bit.

No, that's my preferred setting.  I am pretty retro with some things.