3 hours ago, Toast said:

No, that's my preferred setting.  I am pretty old.

FTFY :duck:

51 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:
4 hours ago, Toast said:

No, that's my preferred setting.  I am pretty old.

FTFY 

Old, and pretty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Old, and pretty.

Other dating sites, such as Tinder or Grindr, are available. 

17 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Other dating sites, such as Tinder or Grindr, are available. 

Ah, another comedian.  :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

No. Just a commentator on social dating. 

59 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:
1 hour ago, Toast said:

No. Just a commentator on social dating. 

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest you were funny.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to suggest you were funny.

Just to clarify. Sorry, too bored to bother to even give an insulting reply. Take care. Sweet dreams. Love life. Blah blah blah.....

The tiresome clamber of Scottish people (usually nationalists) to be seen to support whoever England face in the football.

Yet they are still proud of our own shitshow of a football team just because they graced us all by qualifying for a competition that isn't the World Cup...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The tiresome clamber of Scottish people (usually nationalists) to be seen to support whoever England face in the football.

Yet they are still proud of our own shitshow of a football team just because they graced us all by qualifying for a competition that isn't the World Cup...

Yebbut, there's you and who else doesn't do that? Also Welsh and NI exactly the same - anyone but England. 

Poll it I reckon XD, there's a better than average hit rate for Scots hereabouts. My guess? All except obviously you and just maybe @msc

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Yebbut, there's you and who else doesn't do that? Also Welsh and NI exactly the same - anyone but England. 

Poll it I reckon XD, there's a better than average hit rate for Scots hereabouts. My guess? All except obviously you and just maybe @msc

Huh, I'm lost? I was rooting for Denmark, on the spurious reasons that I quite like Denmark, and am a sucker for sporting underdogs? And you don't get more underdog than your best player nearly dying on the fucking pitch! (But being honest, I am fairly chilled about this English team. No outright gobshites like John Terry or Ashley Cole or the like in the side to make you root for Andorra instead!)

I tend to ignore Windsor's hategasms about everything in his own country tbh. 

(But yes, 44th in the world Scotland actually qualifying for something and holding the joint-favourites to a draw was an achievement in context. Unionists who see everything in society through the lens of Sturgeons smile are as bad as the cybernats imo.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Huh, I'm lost?

Sorry bout that, I was simply marking you down as perhaps the one (other) Scot hereabouts that wouldn't be anti-England on general principle. Incidentally the two tosspots you mention are almost enough to make me anti-England.

Turns out you were on the other side, but at least with reason.

All a bit tongue in cheek anyway, I'm not exactly the worlds greatest football fan.

• Like 1

This is something that I really despise, and it mostly seems to be Scots who indulge in this childish nastiness.  It's going on in another forum I use atm as well.
If England had been knocked out earlier and it had been Scotland playing tonight, I would have been cheering them on.   Same if it had been Wales, or one of the Irish teams.  I am happy to see anyone from our islands do well.

It's fine to have favourites, but ugly to hate another country's team to such a degree.

52 minutes ago, msc said:

to make you root for Andorra instead!

I always cheer for Andorra.  I have a soft spot for the ridiculous little place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

I tend to ignore Windsor's hategasms about everything in his own country tbh. 

That’s because you’re ignorant. 

Is it just me, or can you no longer filter Google search results by country? 

There used to be a little drop down menu which allowed you to select UK only results.  Can't find it any more and it's infuriating as that was often a very useful time-saver.

59 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is it just me, or can you no longer filter Google search results by country? 

There used to be a little drop down menu which allowed you to select UK only results.  Can't find it any more and it's infuriating as that was often a very useful time-saver.

It's still there but you need to go to Google.co.uk, not Google.com. It's a non-US add-on.

Pictured attempt with a random Google search from 2 mins ago.

toast.png

• Thanks 1

One reaction not enough so here's a :lol: to add to the Thanks.

• Like 1

Sadly I am having to consign Sporcle to Room 101. 

It's now a matter of either paying a monthly fee, or disabling my adblocker. 

image.png.c5c32695aaa616a11b6f8fdc572dd50e.png

Even with the adblocker on, there's an enormous number of ads that still break through it.  I've tried disabling the adblocker, but not only do you get ads actually obscuring part of the quiz you're trying to play, everything is slowed down to an intolerable degree and constantly freezing the screen.  It's affected everything on my browser, which is a big problem as I'm often working on other things while I take a quick break to play a quiz.  No more.

I do accept that they are running a business, but I think it's a colossal cheek when practically 100% of their content is supplied free of charge by the users.  It's the users who devise the puzzles, and the users who curate and edit them. 

So Sporcle can fuck right off now.  They've taken this too far.  Shame.

• Like 2

Head colds/man flu.

Nothing unusual- except…. This is the 1st one for nearly 2 years. Jan 2020 was the last one.  And yup it’s pretty grim heading towards my chest.

Only upside was coughing in the chemist getting some powders.  That cleared the queue pretty quickly. I’d done a flow test (negative) and I’ve had COVID (knee it was a cold anyway as COVID floored me immediately) but if Brenda with no mask wants to run away quicker from the till than Usain Bolt I ain’t grumbling

Christmas in September. The redtops are teasing us with what we can look forward to (or in my case, ignore) for the soaps' Christmas episodes already. I'm getting Farcebook ad's for Christmas lunch (indeed, I've already been invited to one Christmas lunch). The local pubs & other venues are already advertising their Christmas offerings.

It's still the cricket season FFS.

29 minutes ago, time said:

Christmas in September. The redtops are teasing us with what we can look forward to (or in my case, ignore) for the soaps' Christmas episodes already. I'm getting Farcebook ad's for Christmas lunch (indeed, I've already been invited to one Christmas lunch). The local pubs & other venues are already advertising their Christmas offerings.

It's still the cricket season FFS.

Local town's Oxfam and Mind have their Xmas cards out. None of them cricket related.  

14 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Local town's Oxfam and Mind have their Xmas cards out. None of them cricket related.  

Such things do exist, though not, as far as I can tell, featuring John Snow, or Eric Hollies.

48 minutes ago, time said:

Such things do exist, though not, as far as I can tell, featuring John Snow, or Eric Hollies.

30987497339.jpg

Customer services. Specifically, those related to online services. 'Live chat' has seemingly been replaced with 'chat-bots' or just a drop-down list of faqs and if there's actually a telephone number to call which will actually connect you with a real person, you spend interminable minutes/hours on hold listening to the same recorded message every 30 seconds telling you that your call is important to them. Even after all that, there's no guarantee your query will get answered satisfactorily.

• Like 3

Capitalism in general and in this particular instance? Utilities.

So, in 2019 I signed up to the MoneySavingExpert  cheap energy club to swap my Gas and Electricity on an annual basis to the cheapest provider.

Sensible for once.

That moved me to a fixed deal with Yorkshire Energy, ok I don't live in Yorkshire but whatever.

2nd December 2020, Yorkshire energy go bust.

Money (a few hundred cause companies always take more than I use) with them is backed by ofgem and is just moved to my new supplier about which I have no choice. At least I don't lose it.

I tried to move to another deal by signing up with another supplier, but no, can't do that I have to wait until its moved automatically to whoever is taking over.

Jan 2021, moved to the execrable Scottish Power (I looked them up, the worst customer service ever it seems). 

Feb 2021 once I've got to Scottish Power I can move it again. So I go back to MSE and start the process again.

Mar 2021 I move to Green power on a fixed deal, you can guess where this is going now.....

Sep 2021 Green goes bust.

Oct 2021 I am being moved to Shell, again my money is being transferred in the background somewhere.

I am now back on the variable tariff with no discount and no fix at a time when utility prices have gone through the roof.

I did what I'm supposed to do. I used the market as it was intended to be used.

And over the winter, I'll be paying the highest price for utilities.

I've been with 4 companies in a year. 

Oh and to follow on from Mr @time above, when I found out they'd died? I rang both Yorkshire and Green, sat in a massive queue for both to talk to some poor sod who had just lost their job.....

Capitalism? You can shove it*.

As the saying goes, it works well, if you have a huge pile of capital you wish to turn into a bigger pile of capital.

Grrrr.

*At least for utilities, trains, buses and the like. Public services should not be a cash cow for private investors (though in this case, it seems it's not even that).

• Like 1

When you are standing in a queue and realise the person in front of you is wearing the uniform of the said shop you are in.

Because they don't have to time to talk when they have been working all day together (sarcasm) you know they think they are entitled to a 10 minute yap at the till because they are work buddies. 

Wankers.

• Like 2