People who say c-word instead of C-word

Call a C-word a C-word I say. It's only four letters.

There are more offensive things in the world (war / death / poverty).

(clearly automatically changing C-word to c-word is going to make this read like gibberish :) )

Yep, you're right

(clearly automatically changing C-word to c-word is going to make this read like gibberish :) )

I prefer to call it a q**m. That nearly always gets past the swear filter.

Did you read Forever by Judy Blume as a kid perchance? She said the same thing, as words go, war is worse than f*****g.

At my school it was strictly a 5th years only book, so obviously one canny lad peeled off the special sticker and snuck it passed the librarian. Being first years we still had the honesty stupidity of childhood not realising it would be a lot easier just to steal the book!

Sadly today (a little under twenty years later) your average 11 year old is probably more sex savvy than your average bunny girl.

Sadly today (a little under twenty years later) your average 11 year old is probably more sex savvy than your average bunny girl.
Although probably less sex savvy than your average girl bunny, who presumably go like, well, rabbits....

I was about to agree but quite literally mid post someone interfered with your q**m, although mine is touched up (now) and only one moderator was online I think I know the culprit... :)

Once a waffle filter or double-entendre filter is invented most of my posts will just have their punctuation left.

(clearly automatically changing C-word to c-word is going to make this read like gibberish :banghead: )

An interesting point of view from a Deathlist member. :)

(clearly automatically changing C-word to c-word is going to make this read like gibberish :banghead: )

An interesting point of view from a Deathlist member. :)

I was getting stuck for offensive things. I originally thought of Bush, but then I decided that would confuse things.

I was about to agree but quite literally mid post someone interfered with your q**m, although mine is touched up (now) and only one moderator was online I think I know the culprit... :banghead:

Once a waffle filter or double-entendre filter is invented most of my posts will just have their punctuation left.

I see the rogue quim-trimmer has struck again, mine was pristine last time I looked.

Erm, struggling for more double entendres... recently touched up?.... fiddled with?.... No sorry, I just can't keep it up under pressure for prolonged periods. Tee hee.

I was about to agree but quite literally mid post someone interfered with your q**m, although mine is touched up (now) and only one moderator was online I think I know the culprit... :)

I see the rogue quim-trimmer has struck again, mine was pristine last time I looked.

Erm, struggling for more double entendres... recently touched up?.... fiddled with?.... No sorry, I just can't keep it up under pressure for prolonged periods. Tee hee.

Does the postmaster allow "twat"?

Or maybe Scunthorpe?

Thanks for your concern, TO Die For, but the crisis is over.

I have been reinstated until the next batch of moderator power struggles begin...

Although probably less sex savvy than your average girl bunny, who presumably go like, well, rabbits....

TLC - your quim (trimmed or untrimmed) is fine and dandy by me. Its a superb word which, like C-word or twat, has an earthy quality. Is it also onomatopoeic? Or is that just a feature of the ones I've encountered.

Quim is also in Chaucer:

Students are sly, and giving way to whim, He made a grab and caught her by the quim

Finally, at 18 I did a gap year in a hospital where the drain cleaner, a real dirty old Dorset man, used to engage me in conversation- usually about sex. He once told me that you know that a woman's aroused

when you get her tuppy a-poutin' and a-clickin'

I don't think Thomas Hardy could have put it more poetically (or would have wanted to).

Thanks for your concern, TO Die For, but the crisis is over.

I have been reinstated until the next batch of moderator power struggles begin...

Cheers Windsor, but isn't PMS usually for girls?

(Post Master Struggles) :)

when you get her tuppy a-poutin' and a-clickin'
:) Wise words indeed. :unsure:

I presume that 'tuppy' is the shortened version of 'tuppence' (or possibly tuppence is the extended version of tuppy?) due to the phrase 'tuppence licker' referring to the same special secret ladypart.

So as i understand it, women have a tuppence, two threepenny bits and either a 5p or 50p depending... I'll stop there.

People who write an opinion on an internet forum, then finish off with "End of.", as in "The Cricket World Cup should not be cancelled because Bob Woolmer would have wanted it to continue. End of." Or "Jack is one of the Others. End of."

People who write an opinion on an internet forum, then finish off with "End of.", as in "The Cricket World Cup should not be cancelled because Bob Woolmer would have wanted it to continue. End of." Or "Jack is one of the Others. End of."

As above but ending "Period".

As above but ending "Period".

I agree! End of. Period. ;)

In a similar vein, people starting a sentence with 'obviously'.

For example;

Obviously my game plan was to get to the net at every opportunity, and especially in the windy conditions. I think I wanted him to hit as many passing shots as I could,

If it's that f*****g obvious why are you f*****g telling us? It makes me a little bit angry sometimes.

In a similar vein, people starting a sentence with 'obviously'.

For example;

Obviously my game plan was to get to the net at every opportunity, and especially in the windy conditions. I think I wanted him to hit as many passing shots as I could,

If it's that f*****g obvious why are you f*****g telling us? It makes me a little bit angry sometimes.

Obviously

Also, in sporting interviews, the use of the term 'Ya Know'

An example would be:

"Well ya know, we've obviously not, ya know, got the full three points but uh, ya know we didn't lose, and we can ya know, take the positives from that like ya know we've got three games coming in the next 12 days and ya know, with no serious injuries we can definitely ya know mount a decent title challenge"

Watch Sky Sports News now and wait about 5 minutes.

Especially Ian Bell. Or Steven Gerrard.

Also, in sporting interviews, the use of the term 'Ya Know'

An example would be:

"Well ya know, we've obviously not, ya know, got the full three points but uh, ya know we didn't lose, and we can ya know, take the positives from that like ya know we've got three games coming in the next 12 days and ya know, with no serious injuries we can definitely ya know mount a decent title challenge"

Watch Sky Sports News now and wait about 5 minutes.

Especially Ian Bell. Or Steven Gerrard.

Surely they all doff their caps to the master, Mr. Beckham.

Worryingly Beckham's voice and grammar were actually much worse originally; he's reached his current verbal mastery after elocution lessons. At the end of the day.

Obviously Whilst we are on the subject, there are a few sporting clichés I'd like to toss into Room 101.

Both teams deserved to win.

Well why don't we just do away with all forms of competative sport and watch Janet Street Porter rambling through the countryside instead. I'm sure that'll earn sky sports and ladbrokes obscene amounts of money.

Its a game of two halves

Well if it had three halves it would defy the laws of mathematics. Which leads me on to...

He gave it one hundred and ten percent

See above.

You got your Real Madrids, Your Manchester Uniteds, Your Bayern Munchens, Your AC Milans

Blimey that why we hardly ever qualified for Europe - there was only one of us!

One of the best managers we've had in a long time (and we've had a few) knew how to field a few of those stupid questions.

http://media.putfile.com/Soccer-AM---Gordon-Strachan

Continuing the theme, the use of 'literally', particularly in interviews with sportspeople, or commentators.

Eg "we literally ran them into the ground", or "he's literally sitting on the gearbox of the car in front".

Continuing the theme, the use of 'literally', particularly in interviews with sportspeople, or commentators.

Eg "we literally ran them into the ground", or "he's literally sitting on the gearbox of the car in front".

Only a few weeks ago I was chatting to young pupil, a bright boy of about 14 years, at a small private school with class sizes not more than 10. For some reason I asked him what he thought the word 'literally' meant and his prompt reply was, "It's a word you use when you mean that something isn't what you mean."

He wouldn't believe me when I told him the truth! He had simply never heard the word used correctly, either figuratively or otherwise!

literally adverb 1 word for word. 2 a often used as an intensifier in figurative contexts: actually; really; absolutely • They literally flew down the road; b said of an interpretation of words, etc that is without allusion or metaphor: really • Put that mirror away - I didn't mean that you literally had egg on your face!

Surely the current usage of 'literally' is straying into the realms of paradox.

(Is there a paradoc in the house? :crossbone: )

Obviously Whilst we are on the subject, there are a few sporting clichés I'd like to toss into Room 101.
My personal favourite is the average pundit's ability to compare every single sporting competition on the face of the earth to a chess match 1) if the game is evenly matched or 2) if it looks like someone is thinking a bit.

I once got a bit annoyed in the Jake Lamotta thread when boxing inevitably got compared to a game of chess; how unlike a game of chess could a sport be? As far as I'm aware you can't start twatting competitors with chess pieces if you're unable to outwit the opponent using the more traditional moves.