Homeless men seem to have skill. Very creative. They are able to turn appliances\paper\plastic, into clothing and also for bed material. I always wondered how they got breakfest, lunch, and dinner in there systems, since they are so creative, perhaps they boil rocks in water, like stone soup? But they don't have a stove... so either they beg or find the nearest garbage can and start digging?

:)

Has Bruno been giving you lessons? Seriously, what is that? Did you write it before breakfest?

• Like 1

Homeless men seem to have skill. Very creative. They are able to turn appliances\paper\plastic, into clothing and also for bed material. I always wondered how they got breakfest, lunch, and dinner in there systems, since they are so creative, perhaps they boil rocks in water, like stone soup? But they don't have a stove... so either they beg or find the nearest garbage can and start digging?

Has Bruno been giving you lessons? Seriously, what is that? Did you write it before breakfest?

No. Although I haven't eatin yet. But I'm being very truthful about what i'm saying, I once saw a bum with shoes made out of plastic wrap. Or slippers what ever you would prefer to call them...

I don't know what else he had. He could have had a paper plate pillow and a TV made out of a card bored box, with drawings for the buttons, and his imagination was the channels.

He could have had a woman that he carved himself out of wood, but she wouldn't last long because once winter comes he has to burn something to keep him warm. And when somebody asks him on the street Hey! how many times have you been married 'If this ever happened'? He can then say 10 - 25 times. because that is how many wooden wives he has had.

I know i'm getting carried away, but this homeless man I can still remember, I believe his mind is lost in the chaos of Vietnam. From there everything must have went down hill...

No. Although I haven't eatin yet. But I'm being very truthful about what i'm saying, I once saw a bum with shoes made out of plastic wrap. Or slippers what ever you would prefer to call them...

I don't know what else he had. He could have had a paper plate pillow and a TV made out of a card bored box, with drawings for the buttons, and his imagination was the channels.

He could have had a woman that he carved himself out of wood, but she wouldn't last long because once winter comes he has to burn something to keep him warm. And when somebody asks him on the street Hey! how many times have you been married 'If this ever happened'? He can then say 10 - 25 times. because that is how many wooden wives he has had.

I know i'm getting carried away, but this homeless man I can still remember, I believe his mind is lost in the chaos of Vietnam. From there everything must have went down hill...

Well SC, that's that cleared up then. :)

Even by my standards that's a little odd. Maybe that's what too much stone soup can do to a chap.

Stone Soup would make a good title for a book or a film, like Snakes On A Plane.

Stone Soup would make a good title for a book or a film, like Snakes On A Plane.

As well as a magazine, a comic strip, an all volunteer coffee house in Rhode Island, a Beowulf-style parallel computer, a supposedly defunct dance band from Sarasota, Florida, a theatre group in New York, a bed and breakfast inn in Indiana, a gifts and home accessories website, a communications firm, a rock band, a cel animation company, a classic rock cover band, a technology company, a concrete fabricator, computer services, a non profit consultancy for families, a cafe, a community storytelling group, a vegetarian restaurant, yet another band, an rpg and, of course, a folk tale.

Themed Parties. Why does every party these days have to have a theme? Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with just having a party why do they always have to involve dressing up some how?

And candles. I don't mind ordinary candles that you keep in for power cuts, I don't object to candles on birthday cakes. What I mean are the scented, brightly coloured "designer" candles or novelty candles. The ones that you get as gifts when people either don't like you or can't think what to buy you and then you pass them on to people you don't like.

The worst thing about them is that guys think girls like them and think "I'll get some candles and my date will be inpressed then I'm sure to get laid

Bah, rumbled.

The worst thing about them is that guys think girls like them and think "I'll get some candles and my date will be inpressed then I'm sure to get laid

Themed Parties. Why does every party these days have to have a theme? Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with just having a party why do they always have to involve dressing up some how?

Makes the party more exciting. Makes the line between "an excuse to drink" and "a good time ahead" a lot less thin. :lol:

Not all themes involve dressing up. Our house-warming party "Thank God He's Gone" was just an excuse to celebrate the departure of some guy we all-loved to hate. :lol:

Makes the party more exciting. Makes the line between "an excuse to drink" and "a good time ahead" a lot less thin. :lol:

Not all themes involve dressing up. Our house-warming party "Thank God He's Gone" was just an excuse to celebrate the departure of some guy we all-loved to hate. :lol:

Now that last bit I can understand.

I'm furious at people who leave their children in the car - especially in a Texas summer.

I spend hours during the bloody U.K summer lying in wait for people who do that. I'm their worst f****n' nightmare.

As for you, Banshees, you may be on to something :lol:

I'm furious at people who leave their children in the car - especially in a Texas summer.

I spend hours during the bloody U.K summer lying in wait for people who do that. I'm their worst f****n' nightmare.

I can say much the same thing only substitute the word 'Children' with dogs :lol: .

If you've got any unwanted candles Handrejka, just send them my way, I love candles, could be somthing to do with being a smoker, lighting a candle seems to help control the cigarette smoke.

As well as a magazine, a comic strip, an all volunteer coffee house in Rhode Island, a Beowulf-style parallel computer, a supposedly defunct dance band from Sarasota, Florida, a theatre group in New York, a bed and breakfast inn in Indiana, a gifts and home accessories website, a communications firm, a rock band, a cel animation company, a classic rock cover band, a technology company, a concrete fabricator, computer services, a non profit consultancy for families, a cafe, a community storytelling group, a vegetarian restaurant, yet

another band, an rpg and, of course, a folk tale.

But only one Snakes On A Plane

People who chew gum loudly, in fact people who insist on chewing food with their mouth open.

I can say much the same thing only substitute the word 'Children' with dogs :angry: .

If you've got any unwanted candles Handrejka, just send them my way, I love candles, could be somthing to do with being a smoker, lighting a candle seems to help control the cigarette smoke.

looks like you have something in common with Simon Cowell there Lady G

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14153946/

You have to scroll to the bottom of the page, and will no doubt be drawn to the stories about Britney reviewing her wedding vows and the latest on Mel Glibson

I can say much the same thing only substitute the word 'Children' with dogs <_< .

You have to scroll to the bottom of the page, and will no doubt be drawn to the stories about Britney reviewing her wedding vows and the latest on Mel Glibson

Aaargh, shoot me now, there is only one thing I want to have in common with Simon Cowell and that's his wealth.

I can say much the same thing only substitute the word 'Children' with dogs <_< .

Aaargh, shoot me now, there is only one thing I want to have in common with Simon Cowell and that's his wealth.

The dark shadow that will always follow a wealthy figure.

I always thought I was easy going, but this thread makes me realise I'm not. I can't stand it when people use the lifta at work and they're only going up one or two floors. It's always the grossly overweight folks too.

I always thought I was easy going, but this thread makes me realise I'm not. I can't stand it when people use the lifta at work and they're only going up one or two floors. It's always the grossly overweight folks too.

The office I work in only has two floors and some people still use the lift.

The office I work in only has two floors and some people still use the lift.

I refuse to walk, using the lift celebrates the triumph over man's oldest enemy, gravity.

Steel drums.

Every Saturday morning of childhood seemed to involve Mike Read (not the Eastenders one), Sarah Green or whoever introducing some new and exciting inner city community orchestra mutilating yet another sodding tune on a wasteland (the collective noun) of steel drums. I don't care how many hawaiian shirts and cheesy grins were part of the ensemble, it still adds up to one big sh*t sandwich.

I tried to set up a steel drum tuning company, but apparently my specially created tuning pick axe and tuning sledgehammer couldn't be officially registered as steel drum tuning devices, according to the miserable over-officious bastards at the local patent office.

My initial field testing suggested they worked fine, but

• I don't have perfect pitch
  • I was often running away before I got to check the results out properly

I may have listed steel drums before in room 101, but I think they're worth more than one mention.

My one caveat is the song 'Nothern Lites' by the Super Furry Animals, which I confess to liking. Only this week did my brain register the sound of steel drums in the song, despite the fact you can't really miss them and I've listened to the song hundreds of times over the years. Damn, that's quite a powerful psychological effect those christing drums must have over me. :skull:

A trip to the supermarket has prompted me to revive this. It's those plastic bags that you rip from the shelves for fruit & veg. How are you supposed to get in to them? I rub them between both hands and nothing happens. Each one takes about five minutes before you get enough parting of the plastic to take a finger nail. By that time your fingers are getting numb and hypothermia is setting in from the fridges. I abandoned the will to live after a while and left some veggies.

Another one: Cordless bloody phones. They seemed a good idea, no longer tied to one spot in the house but after a cordless 12 months we're going back to chords. At least then you know where the phone is. Since we have gone cordless barely half the calls we receive get answered. Instead there is the phone hunt with much shouting, accusations, punching and gouging etc before it rings off just as you reach it.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest.

• Haha 1

A trip to the supermarket has prompted me to revive this. It's those plastic bags that you rip from the shelves for fruit & veg. How are you supposed to get in to them? I rub them between both hands and nothing happens. Each one takes about five minutes before you get enough parting of the plastic to take a finger nail. By that time your fingers are getting numb and hypothermia is setting in from the fridges. I abandoned the will to live after a while and left some veggies.
If you lick your fingers first and then rub the top of the bag that usually does it.

Hope that helps.

TLC

If you lick your fingers first and then rub the top of the bag that usually does it.

Hope that helps.

TLC

Let's hope no-one takes that out of context and tries to make a smutty comment.

oh...

ah.

• Like 1

Hope that helps.

TLC

Let's hope no-one takes that out of context and tries to make a smutty comment.

oh...

ah.

(shakes fist) Damn you Anubis, and all your kind! :P

To be fair though, my quote is probably a good answer to quite a lot of important life questions. Well, bag related ones anyway.

• Like 1

Another one: Cordless bloody phones. They seemed a good idea, no longer tied to one spot in the house but after a cordless 12 months we're going back to chords. At least then you know where the phone is. Since we have gone cordless barely half the calls we receive get answered. Instead there is the phone hunt with much shouting, accusations, punching and gouging etc before it rings off just as you reach it.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest.

Sorry - but daughters rather than cordless phones are the problem. There is a button on the cordless phone holster that sets the phone off so that you can find it if lost. I have taken to pressing it in the early hours just to get revenge on the girls for keeping the phones in their rooms.

I know............. its not big nor clever.

• Like 1