6 minutes ago, TQR said:

I can, and you’re uncomfortable with it. Time has done half of it for me. Couple that with the fact that they work 14+ hour shifts on a regular basis, particularly during the pandemic, saving lives, for a third of the money that MPs earn to fuck lives up.

Thank fuck there are people like nurses and healthcare workers; we’re fucked without them and they’ve been treated like shit and taken for granted for far too long. How can you not see that?

You’re reaching for what this site entails to justify your shortcomings, knowing full well you’re talking bollocks as per.

Na. I’m right. 

If they don’t like the money, other careers are available. It’s just that they will no longer have saint-like status.

• Like 1

Royal Mail Tracking. The most useless tracking system available anywhere.

Initial info "we're expecting your item; the sender has told us they've sent it to Royal Mail"

Four days later "Delivered. (To a neighbour because you weren't in)."

5 hours ago, time said:

Royal Mail Tracking. The most useless tracking system available anywhere.

Initial info "we're expecting your item; the sender has told us they've sent it to Royal Mail"

Four days later "Delivered. (To a neighbour because you weren't in)."

Try selling/buying items on Vinted. It tells you buyer has the item two days before buyer has collected it from wherever they need to collect it. Especially frustrating when you can't get the money until buyer has "officially" stated they have it etc.

Plymouth City Council

If you live in my hometown the good news story of City Centre regeneration has led to industrial style logging of over 120 trees overnight in Armada Way. They did a barely passable consultation on the development but it didn’t help the ‘Swampys’ or huggers much good as they came in overnight with scores of police and security to do it.

Have a gander online. What’s most stupid is the Conservatives are in power (just) and it’s about to be… local elections. God help the poor Cllrs up for this. Labour arent coming out of this well either, having been very quiet. The only winners here? Probably the LibDems or any Green candidates. 

As someone who worked for PCC for 17 years and moved to another authority I’m stunned at the stupidity of doing this right on an election…

• Like 2

On 17/03/2023 at 16:53, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Plymouth City Council

If you live in my hometown the good news story of City Centre regeneration has led to industrial style logging of over 120 trees overnight in Armada Way. They did a barely passable consultation on the development but it didn’t help the ‘Swampys’ or huggers much good as they came in overnight with scores of police and security to do it.

Have a gander online. What’s most stupid is the Conservatives are in power (just) and it’s about to be… local elections. God help the poor Cllrs up for this. Labour arent coming out of this well either, having been very quiet. The only winners here? Probably the LibDems or any Green candidates. 

As someone who worked for PCC for 17 years and moved to another authority I’m stunned at the stupidity of doing this right on an election…

Richard Bingley, Conservative group leader, to step down.

• Like 1

Had an appointment at the surgery (needed antibiotics for a kidney infection).  When I got there I was told that my appointment had been moved to later because of staff sickness.

When I asked why they hadn't let me know, they said,

"YOU haven't given us a mobile number, so we couldn't text you."

So it is my fault, apparently.

They have got a fucking landline number that they could have called me on, and I would have picked up. 

I probably wouldn't have seen a text.  My mobile is mostly switched off at home unless I want to use it, I prefer to save the battery for when I'm out.  Fed up with this forced reliance on smartphones.  We can't even browse on ebay now without one .

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 06:13, Philheybrookbay1 said:

And to make a weird situation even weirder, the local Tory MPs urge Labour to take control! 

And to make the mess even messier… the leader of the Independents on PCC Nick Kelly collapsed with a medical emergency at a hustings on Saturday. Sounds like it took a defrib and two Drs to bring him back. 

The whole mess has become so toxic over these bloody trees.. 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

And to make the mess even messier… the leader of the Independents on PCC Nick Kelly collapsed with a medical emergency at a hustings on Saturday. Sounds like it took a defrib and two Drs to bring him back. 

The whole mess has become so toxic over these bloody trees.. 

Im almost certain y’all posting in the wrong thread.  ‘Plants’ perhaps?

• Like 1

Is it standard for iPhones after 2 years to be permanently on charge? It’s more of a land line than a mobile phone at this point… 

25 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Is it standard for iPhones after 2 years to be permanently on charge? It’s more of a land line than a mobile phone at this point… 

Usually I keep an iPhone 3 years. The iPhone X I had before my current 12 Pro had much, much less battery degradation than this. I use my phone a lot but I’m charging at least twice a day now. I was hoping to wait for Sept 2024 for the iPhone Ultra but there’s no way in fuck that this’ll still be useable for that long.

My first phone, the mighty Sony Ericsson K750i with all its modern features like a colour screen, SMS and Music DJ, still works perfectly last time I checked.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Usually I keep an iPhone 3 years. The iPhone X I had before my current 12 Pro had much, much less battery degradation than this. I use my phone a lot but I’m charging at least twice a day now. I was hoping to wait for Sept 2024 for the iPhone Ultra but there’s no way in fuck that this’ll still be useable for that long.

My first phone, the mighty Sony Ericsson K750i with all its modern features like a colour screen, SMS and Music DJ, still works perfectly last time I checked.

Can't you get new batteries now?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Can't you get new batteries now?

Most phone manufacturers don't allow you to change the battery with ease. Planned obsolescence. Apple are definitely the worst offenders.

My Google Pixel 2 XL lasted 5 years and worked just fine. The battery capacity fell to 74%, which was a noticeable decline, but I could be at work/college from 8am until 10pm and juuust manage. So I did the logical thing and bought a newer Pixel second-hand. Can see it lasting another 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apple are notorious for overpricing and not user maintainable. Won't touch them with a bargepole. 

That's not to knock people who get them, they are top notch in ease of use and ecosystem it's just that they have some pretty unpleasant business practices that go along with that.

• Like 1

I've got an iPhone .... 6 I think it is.  I managed without a mobile phone for ages until a friend lost patience with me and gave me his old one.  The best bit being that he works for Vodafone and gets me a big discount on my plan. I keep it switched off most of the time as I want it to be charged up when I need to use it :D

• Like 1

Can somebody please tell Biden that he’s about as Irish as my left bollock? 

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

I just told him.

6 hours ago, Windsor said:

Oh if this bothers you then you'll enjoy these:

Then the photos of all candidates pouring and drinking Guinness.

FeZldxKXkAApjcQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I just told him.

I never doubted the well connected members of the DL forum…

13 hours ago, Windsor said:

Some of the residents of South Armagh had this to say:lol:

FB_IMG_1681382055893.jpg

Lloyds Bank poking its nose into my finances.

I've got a current account with them which has a healthy balance, plus an old ISA savings account with more than a grand in it.  I've never been overdrawn. 

So there's no need for them to scrutinise my spending and send me emails with comments like this:

Altogether, your outgoings were 70% higher than last month

That’s based on a full month to 24 April 2023 compared with the previous month on your Lloyds Bank current account(s).

Well for one thing, I didn't have to pay council tax and water rates last month, did I.  That might have something to do with it.

Did you know you also spent 23% more in retail outlets?

This doesn’t include supermarkets, petrol, or food and drink.

WTF?  What 's it got to do with them what I buy and where?

I find this incredibly intrusive. They should mind their own fucking business.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

I've got a current account with them which has a healthy balance, plus an old ISA savings account with more than a grand in it.  I've never been overdrawn. 

So there's no need for them to scrutinise my spending and send me emails with comments like this:

That’s based on a full month to 24 April 2023 compared with the previous month on your Lloyds Bank current account(s).

Well for one thing, I didn't have to pay council tax and water rates last month, did I.  That might have something to do with it.

I hate banks.

4 hours ago, Toast said:

does this all impact your credit score?

at least the US credit score has an insane calculation: pay off a student loan, that will be negative 15 points. just do anything aside from being born rich and gifted a home = minus points.

i had the audacity to get a new computer and pneumonia these past couple months, so already -2 points. "did you mean to spend nearly 200 at the pharmacy?" :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

DHL delivery at 7 something in the morning on a Saturday. Driver pummels the front door as if it’s just said something disgusting about his mum, waits exactly how long it takes for me to roll out of bed, protect my modesty and sprint half way down the stairs before he smartly reverses up and cunts off, still with my parcel.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1