Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Happy Holidays y'all! Turns out that unique pick Tim Hart didn't quite make Christmas, but even a theme team obit is yet to be available. Once it becomes so, I will update the site for his death, along with that of Edward Schillebeeckx.

Happy Holidays y'all! Turns out that unique pick Tim Hart didn't quite make Christmas, but even a theme team obit is yet to be available. Once it becomes so, I will update the site for his death, along with that of Edward Schillebeeckx.

Is this a good theme team obit?

Indeed it is, therefore the site has been updated. Well done to Devon Death Trip! Next up, entering the HDP...

Site updated to reflect the death of Johan Ferrier (and Cardinal Daly, for what it's worth). Well done to Vaagheid!

Site updated to reflect the death of Johan Ferrier (and Cardinal Daly, for what it's worth). Well done to Vaagheid!

I am suprised Gies has gone, I really didn't thought another theme team hit was possible (I was wrong).

Well you're doing quite well now, well done! Site updated to reflect Gies' death... two of the three Theme Competitions were won with scores at, or lower, than yours.

Site updated to reflect the death of Jyoti Basu. Well done to Devon Death Trip!

Site updated to reflect the death of Paul Quarrington. Well done to Death Impends and Devon Death Trip!

Well it's been almost a month, but tomorrow I'll update the site for Babcock and Salinger. What's the latest on Mehsud?

Is there a local link to the CPDP, because I can never find it. I did try google but that was no use.

I think I had Babcock on my list (because I don't know (m)any famous dying Canadians).

Is there a local link to the CPDP, because I can never find it. I did try google but that was no use.

I think I had Babcock on my list (because I don't know (m)any famous dying Canadians).

I've been trying for a while now to get it off Google, surprising that it finally worked. Anyhow, the URL is http://www.canadianpaul.com/main.html and I've updated the links on the first post too. And yes, you did have him on your ordinary team.

Windsor did indeed have Babcock, I've just been to CPDP and had a look. Re the link Windsor wants, this is the most user friendly place to start because the navigation is pretty good around the site from the Teams page.

Site updated to reflect the death of John Babcock, well done to Maryport, Simfish, and Windsor!

The CPDP needs to be updated for the near misses for Michael Foot and Edgar Wayburn.

And Mary Jo Ray, just linked a Canadian news report of her death to the World's Oldest thread.

I should be able to update the site, and this post, later tonight.

...aaaand site updated to reflect the death of Mary Josephine Ray (and Michael Foot and Edgar Wayburn of course). Well done to Never Came to Maryport, who now accumulated more points in a single category than anyone in the short history of the CPDP!

Hell, I didn't realise that. It's a fluke, obviously. For the record I've got Al-Megrahi, Biggs, Fignon and Billy Graham still breathing on the main team. Be awesome if I could pull off a clean sweep, summat to bait Rotten Ali about at DLCon IV, since he almost achieved that on the Rotten Dead Pool.

Yer site has vanished under a whelter of adverts again, is everything under control CP?

Yer site has vanished under a whelter of adverts again, is everything under control CP?

Yes, I couldn't get through to it either. I'm sure I picked Redgrave...

This site is gone (and been for some time now) for personal reasons. If you really care, you can always Facebook message me. Anyhow, I have still been keeping track of hits:

Corin Redgrave was picked on The Man in Black's Death Disco's Regular Team

Anatoly Dobrynin was picked on The Unknown Man's Horsemen of Apocalypse's Theme Team

Corey Haim, Girija Prasad Koirala, June Havoc, and Eugène Terre'Blanche were all "Hall of Ghosts" picks.

Here's the new regular scoreboard:

Never Came To Maryport - 31

Simfish InquilineKea - 23

Misers - 14

2 Farts and a Splash - 13

Death Impends - 13

Death's Primetime - 13

Devon Death Trip - 13

To Die For - 13

Windsor the Troll - 12

The Man in Black's Death Disco - 11

Canadian Paul - 9

Octopus of Odstock - 9

STAB_in-the_DARK - 9

The Unknown Man's Horsemen of Apocalypse - 9

Dead to the World - 4

Handrejka's Smorgueasboard - 4

Vaagheid - 4

And the new Theme Team scoreboard:

Vaagheids Dutchspeaking Theme - 24

Born in 1919, Dead in 2010? - 16

He's not going to sell much ice cream going at that speed, is he? - 11

Sheer Hart Attack - 10

Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines! - 6

Cartoons and Corpses - 5

Old Soldiers Don’t Fade Away, (They cark and get news coverage) - 4

Surviving co-stars of James Stewart -4

and everyone else at 0

I'll keep track of everything here for now, but I don't think I'll have the time to put it up somewhere else, because I'd have to change all the URLs... we shall see though...

Guest TDF

Hi CP, Hope all is well with you. Did I have Art Linkletter? He's dead you know! Thanks TDF

Hi CP, Hope all is well with you. Did I have Art Linkletter? He's dead you know! Thanks TDF

I think, if my checks were correct, that there have been two hits since my last update: Paul Mayer for Misers and Ark Linkletter for you. There were also two for the Hall of Ghosts: Pamela Green and Lena Horne. If I've missed any others, let me know, otherwise I'll update the scores tomorrow... Mayer got an obit in English, which is good enough for the Theme Team hit.

Former Manitoba premier Duff Roblin has checked out at the age of 92. He brings in 5 points for me (5 regular, +1 unique, -1 over 84). Linkletter brings in 6 points for To Die For (5 regular, +1 unique, -1 over 84, +1 for second Canadian on a regular team). Mayer brings in 5 points for Miser's Theme Team (5 regular, +1 unique, -1 over 84)).

Here's the new regular scoreboard:

Never Came To Maryport - 31

Simfish InquilineKea - 23

To Die For - 19

Canadian Paul - 14

Misers - 14

2 Farts and a Splash - 13

Death Impends - 13

Death's Primetime - 13

Devon Death Trip - 13

Windsor the Troll - 12

The Man in Black's Death Disco - 11

Octopus of Odstock - 9

STAB_in-the_DARK - 9

The Unknown Man's Horsemen of Apocalypse - 9

Dead to the World - 4

Handrejka's Smorgueasboard - 4

Vaagheid - 4

And the new Theme Team scoreboard:

Vaagheids Dutchspeaking Theme - 24

Born in 1919, Dead in 2010? - 16

He's not going to sell much ice cream going at that speed, is he? - 11

Sheer Hart Attack - 10

Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines! - 6

Cardinals - 5

Cartoons and Corpses - 5

Old Soldiers Don’t Fade Away, (They cark and get news coverage) - 4

Surviving co-stars of James Stewart - 4

and everyone else at 0

Never Came to Maryport's Theme Team would score some points if Amedeo Guillet got an English obituary. Meanwhile, the only other update is moving Marcel Bigeard to the Hall of Ghosts...