Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

Wheres the Page that shows who was pick and whos dead so far I cant find it

Wheres the Page that shows who was pick and whos dead so far I cant find it

It's the Hall of Candidates, but I've taken it down for now, until I've uploaded all of the candidates. Speaking of that, A-M should be up by now. If Rall doesn't get a proper obit in the next day, I'll update the site the day after. At this pace, I anticipate that everything will be done October 15, assuming no one else dies.

I've devoted a couple of fruitless hours to sourcing a picture of Robert Hilborn Falls. Obviously, they'll print one in a Canadian newspaper or two if and when he dies.

I've devoted a couple of fruitless hours to sourcing a picture of Robert Hilborn Falls. Obviously, they'll print one in a Canadian newspaper or two if and when he dies.

I figure that'll be the case. A-Q now up.

I figure that'll be the case. A-Q now up.

Can you keep us (or atleast me) informed on this thread, every time when you finished a couple of names.

By the way, I liked the photos you used for my theme team.

And I really thought Corneille would get a Belgian Bonus (when he dies) because he was born in Luik (Liege).

1. I do let everyone know when I've added names, but unless someone else has posted since the last time I posted, I just edit my last message so as not to clutter up my own thread. For anyone who's really curious, I've got 6 Rs tomorrow, 8 Ss the next day, 4 Ts and 1 V the day after that, then finally 7 Ws, meaning that I finish the Hall of Candidates itself on October 15. Assuming no one dies of course, in which case I update the site instead of adding more candidates. Which reminds me, the site has been updated for the death of Gunther Rall. Well done to 2 Farts and a Splash who, as usual, manages to cash in on a unique (and interesting) pick.

2. Thanks, although several were ones that I decided I preferred yours more than my original selection.

3. He does, I just missed that, should be fixed now. I tend to miss the lesser-used bonuses, which is most of them.

EDIT:It's the day after that, and R through V are up.

Saw Gore Vidal on Family Guy. He has already done the Simpsons. Would he get the double cartoon bonus?

Saw Gore Vidal on Family Guy. He has already done the Simpsons. Would he get the double cartoon bonus?

Yup, there's a couple like that on the CPDP, you get the combined total of points, so that would actually be worth three bonus points. I think June Foray is one too.

Anyways, ALL the candidates are now up, despite a power outage that almost messed up my schedule. Anyhow, tomorrow I will finish the Hall of Candidates (the big list of current picks is already done, thanks to a long airplane trip, I just need to do the Deathline) and everything will be up much earlier than December or January or whenever the hell I finished last season.

Yay! The CPDP is finally and completely up at what may possibly be the earliest that every single competitor has been up online and running!

Well that's my excitement for the day.

Respect CP, your efforts are appreciated.

Site updated to reflect the death of Joseph Wiseman. Well done to 2 Farts and a Splash and To Die For!

Site updated to reflect the death of Joseph Wiseman. Well done to 2 Farts and a Splash and To Die For!

I am suprised Dead to the World didn't pick him for his theme team.

The reason way I am responding is because Sylvie van der Vaart is mentioned in the Hall of Candidates as S. Van de Vart (and the link isn't working). Can this be fixed?

Should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

Just so everyone knows, I'll be wrapping up the CPDP at the end of this season. I'm hoping this will stem the tide of my "posts [that] achieve a consistent level of dullness", since this really is the only thread I post in anymore with any semblance of regularity. Honestly, if it came from most people, it wouldn't bother me at all because I haven't acted under the guise of bringing my A-game to the DL for years. But it does in this case and the CPDP really is just a lot of work for something that I'm not bringing my best effort to. I can't say it didn't bother me when I first read it, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this, but I also know that Godot has a lot of insecurities, so I understand why he's lashed out at me and forgive him for it. People have said and done far worse to me in person, things that you can't wake up from in the morning and have forgotten about like this. I've gained a lot from being here, including confidence, and some guy on the other end of a screen isn't going to change that. But the CPDP is a lot work and it's time to move on a bit, so I just thought I'd let everyone know.

Just so everyone knows, I'll be wrapping up the CPDP at the end of this season. I'm hoping this will stem the tide of my "posts [that] achieve a consistent level of dullness", since this really is the only thread I post in anymore with any semblance of regularity. Honestly, if it came from most people, it wouldn't bother me at all because I haven't acted under the guise of bringing my A-game to the DL for years. But it does in this case and the CPDP really is just a lot of work for something that I'm not bringing my best effort to. I can't say it didn't bother me when I first read it, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this, but I also know that Godot has a lot of insecurities, so I understand why he's lashed out at me and forgive him for it. People have said and done far worse to me in person, things that you can't wake up from in the morning and have forgotten about like this. I've gained a lot from being here, including confidence, and some guy on the other end of a screen isn't going to change that. But the CPDP is a lot work and it's time to move on a bit, so I just thought I'd let everyone know.

I can't really make out on the post if you are only planning to stop working on the CPDP (after this season) or if you stop visiting the Dl also.

If you're leaving the site, you will be really missed. It's funny but I really thought for a while that, with your confident attitude and knowledge on the subject, you were one of the moderators. I hope you have the best of luck in your further life.

Thanks! No, I'm just stopping work on the CPDP, not quitting the DL though. Other than this thread, I don't post much anymore anyways, but a) If I'm going to leave, I'll just do it and not try to stir up drama hoping to gage my popularity and :( Like I said, a guy on the other end of the screen isn't going to lower my self esteem enough to stop doing something I truly enjoy, and if I'm to continue fielding teams in the DDP and HDP I'll need to be here to be in the know (in the latter case, perhaps to get dying people in my mind to dream about :o ). And who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind down the road. But I understood that my posts were often dull, which is why I made an effort to post less and usually about neutral items. Godot just helped me realize that there's no use in putting a lot of work into something half-heartedly and then turning around with the excuse that "well I'm not putting my A-game into this". Which, by the way, is the reason that all the latest CPDP puns are terrible. ;)

CP I've always appreciated your efforts, and even the little Deathrace excursion I put up this year takes work, so the CPDP has always had my affection and respect. I appreciate I've caused you some trouble on there, mainly from others spamming you and crying foul as I entered teams on the margins of legality, so my apologies for said grief, and my thanks for all your efforts up to and including August 31st 2010.

Incidentally, your posts aren't dull IMHO, you're clearly packing intelligence and a sense of your own self-worth. F*** sake, this is an internet forum, posted upon by people you're very unlikely to meet. Don't give it any more power in your life than it deserves.

CP, don't worry. I've always thought your posts are far more interesting than most here, certainly I actually bother to read them rather than ignore the latest offerings of so many. Don't worry about what Godot says, I don't think anyone does.

It's a shame, because I like the release of the CPDP from running the DDP. But running the DDP is so hard, along with work, life & a motor racing website to run, and although yours is on a smaller scale, it's no less a feat to run it. You have my every sympathy, and quite frankly, I'm amazed you've kept it going so long. I concur & sympathise with everything in that post.

Now I have to decide if I will enter any other DP other than the DDP next year, but that's for another argument.

Thanks my friend, for all your hard work - trust me, it is appreciated. Have a good rest from August onwards.

Just so everyone knows, I'll be wrapping up the CPDP at the end of this season.

That's a shame, but well done for bringing us a good format to test our skill with. Guess these sites arn't that easy to maintain as some would make-out.

Plus points all round however - and glad to hear that you are not totally flouncing off into the distance.

Thanks guys, I had a good day today, so I feel a lot better and I'm over it. :o

It may be that I change my mind at some point in 2010 (hey, if people can change their mind about leaving the DL, surely I'm entitled to changing my mind about the CPDP?) but I also realized that I've my life's about to be changing at a pretty rapid pace and for all I know I could be in Egypt on September 1, 2010, so not having to feel obligated eases my mind a bit. If nothing else, I'll still be around here to update the Ideas and Possibilities master list. ;)

Uh... which I haven't done in a while I suppose. I'll update it when I get back - I'll be out of town for the next two days, so if any candidates die, I won't be able to update until November. :(

F*** sake, this is an internet forum, posted upon by people you're very unlikely to meet. Don't give it any more power in your life than it deserves.

I have been saying that since 2005.

People tend to take this forum far too seriously. It is supposed to be a bit of fun where we share a morbid interest in the death of celebrities, where we (ie me) moan about everything that happens in our real lives, and where we generally sit and slag off the idiots (ie me).

That is it.

Its not all that important, and if leaving the forum requires a 'resignation address', I think it says much about that particular individual.

I can understand why CP is giving up the deadpool. It seems to me that he was getting alot of hassle from certain members on this forum for the slightest mistake.

I can understand why CP is giving up the deadpool. It seems to me that he was getting alot of hassle from certain members on this forum for the slightest mistake.

Another reason why I sympthasise totally. I have (or rather had) one of the same members giving me the same hassle without them having any notion of how the website is put together...

You did a great job maintaining the CPDP and very well to keep it going for four years. Good to see you'll still be around.

CP, don't worry. I've always thought your posts are far more interesting than most here, certainly I actually bother to read them rather than ignore the latest offerings of so many. Don't worry about what Godot says, I don't think anyone does.

It's a shame, because I like the release of the CPDP from running the DDP. But running the DDP is so hard, along with work, life & a motor racing website to run, and although yours is on a smaller scale, it's no less a feat to run it. You have my every sympathy, and quite frankly, I'm amazed you've kept it going so long. I concur & sympathise with everything in that post.

Now I have to decide if I will enter any other DP other than the DDP next year, but that's for another argument.

Thanks my friend, for all your hard work - trust me, it is appreciated. Have a good rest from August onwards.

Not for long matey...:skull: