honez

Jimmy Savile

This should probably be in the "DLers Claims To Fame" thread" as it's not news, just my own $0.02's worth on the subject of Savile, but here goes.

My primary school in Leeds was proud to have its annual school fête opened every year by Jimmy Savile, and as a kid of 8 or 9 I remember shaking hands with him. It was cool. This was during the height of his "Jim'll Fix It" fame. He used to turn up in a Rolls Royce, he was like royalty (except he had more jewellery). Always with a smile on, always willing to stop and talk.

Also, our butcher at the time, Nick something-or-other, was one of the guys who ran marathons with Jimmy as part of his entourage. He was somewhat of a minor celeb himself in our neighbourhood, I recall. A couple of times we watched the Leeds marathon when it went past our house and we'd always wait until Jimmy and his crew went past; that was the highlight of the event.

Just re-read that, it sounds pretty cr4p. I feel a bit of a post-whore now, but sod it, I've spent 3 minutes writing this, you can spend 5 seconds ignoring it. :blink:

Great line on Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

Linda: "I haven't been this excited since Jimmy Savile came to school and sat on my face"

Tom: "Eeeeeeeeeew"

Linda: "No, My Face was the name of our donkey"

Radio MFM (for Wrexham & Chester) confirmed he is to host the last ever top of the pops at the end of July.

From the Manchester Evening News:

SIR Jimmy Savile said he was looking forward to presenting the last ever edition of Top Of The Pops.

He said: "I did the first on January 1, 1964 and I'll do the last in 2006.

"The golden egg we laid in `64 is now a world phenomenon."

Advertisement your story continues below

Sir Jimmy made his comments at Leeds University where he presented £60,000 of his own money to provide scholarships for five medical students in his home city.

"I think it's 60,000 quid of mine well spent," he added.

To be honest, I'm rather shocked. This now means that if anything about Sir Jimmy comes out after his demise, heaven forbid, the BBC will have problems showing both the first and last editions of TOTP.

Oh well, on their heads be it...

As I recall, this was about as 'good' as Gimme Gimme Gimme ever got. Christ it was sh*t.

Great line on Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

Linda: "I haven't been this excited since Jimmy Savile came to school and sat on my face"

Tom: "Eeeeeeeeeew"

Linda: "No, My Face was the name of our donkey"

Guest iain

Jimmy Savile will die of old age in 2028

Biting off a bit much there aren't you Ianii? You have only a few feeble hours left to get Mikey Foot in here and already off to the next big predict?

I guess I should admire such planning.....but I don't.

I'm afraid no one dies of "old age" anymore. I think they made it illegal back in the '80s.

Guest jimmy saville
Jimmy has made an appearance on the DL before. Way back in 1987 - well, if you're going to be wrong, you may as well be wrong by 17 years (or more?).

DWB :angry:

I'm afraid no one dies of "old age" anymore. I think they made it illegal back in the '80s.

But you can die of extreme old age (100+) as indicated on the Queen Mother's death certificate.

Did anyone see him on Top of the Pops. When I first saw him I thought he was looking well, but on second glance he did look a bit shakey and his voice was sounding old.

What does anyone else think?

Jimmy Savile was once told to go **** himself.

He said: "Now then, now then, I'd have to be dead first..."

Did anyone see him on Top of the Pops. When I first saw him I thought he was looking well, but on second glance he did look a bit shakey and his voice was sounding old.

I thought he looked dreadful. And that gold foil tracksuit didn't do him any favours.

He looked about average for an 80 year old. Not exactly Jack LaLane, but not George Melly either. I'd say he has about the same chance of dying as any reasonably healthy 80 year old... which isn't all that high.

Looks like there is still life in him yet...

Jim'll Fix It Returns

Do you think if we write in, he will fix it for us? :birthday:

Guest Guest
Looks like there is still life in him yet...

Jim'll Fix It Returns

Do you think if we write in, he will fix it for us? :)

I have a sister who is the spitting image of jimmy-the white mullet, even the trackies!Has anyone noticed the lack of jimmy photos on the net! and wot about the jimmy jangle? think there is stil life in the old fella yet!! :pop:;)

Guest Guest

Sorry to disapoint you all, Sir J Saville was spoted on a recent walk on the North Yorlshire Mooors !fit and well and reported to have made a statement he wishes to live till 150! :-)

Guest Guest
Jimmy Saville completed the London marathon as recently as last april,so look slike he wont be included ont he deathlist for a few years to come.aAlan Freeman might be a better bet

he was right!

He's a cock.

Jimmy Saville completed the London marathon as recently as last april,so look slike he wont be included ont he deathlist for a few years to come.aAlan Freeman might be a better bet

he was right!

You are right :)

He's a cock.

he was right!

Guest Guest

I have a sister who is the spitting image of jimmy-the white mullet, even the trackies!Has anyone noticed the lack of jimmy photos on the net! and wot about the jimmy jangle? think there is stil life in the old fella yet!! :);)

lmfao bet she get's all the lad's

:):D:P

Guest unregistered visitor

What about Jimmy Saville?

Although never marrying probably lengthens the lifespan of most men he must be in with a shout.

He was on the list in 1987 but not since.

Although never marrying probably lengthens the lifespan of most men he must be in with a shout.

Jimmy's apparently 80. He must be taking a strange combination of drugs to look the way he does

_42150466_saville_getty.jpg

Savile, not Saville.... :blink:

All those marathons done him good. He was a wrestler too...