Saint Peter

Death List Convention

A quick thought i had regarding the convention. What are peoples thoughts to maybe making a day of it and joining a ripper tour in the evening??

[quote name='Notapotato' post='104027' date='Aug

I live an hour and a half from the city centre. Plus I was still in my work uniform.

Quite right Winnie, turning up for a first date in your work uniform is really bad form.

As well as that, I probably wouldn't have smelt that great given I had been working in a kitchen all day.

So lets recap.

I got the message at 9.25PM.

I would have to have a shower and get changed (+1 hour)

Get transport there (+1hr 30mins+).

I'd be in Aberdeen for around 11.55PM with no way of getting home until 6AM the following morning.

As well as all that, I made it as clearly as I politely could, that I did not really want to meet up.

I'm with you Winnie, all that happens on the internet should stay on the internet.

I have no desire to be friends and make nice, I give not a flying f*ck about any of yoose.

This little exchange made me think of a possibillty for the convention.

Would any DL'ers who can't make it to the venue care to exchange mobile numbers so we can have a "conference call" with them?

I realise that TF and Windsor are , quite reasonably, neither coming in person and probably are not up for it by phone. But what about anyone else.

Some people are taking this 'conference' a bit too seriously.

I was under the impression that it was just friends gathering for a drink.

I think you will find it is a planned convention rather than conference. I only used the term "conference call" because I couldn't think of any other way of putting it. But let me rephrase...

Would anyone like to be hooked up via the phone to the COnvention/conference/whatever it is?

I would! I would! I would!

Oh yeah - I still live on the wrong continent. :banghead:

Guest A.G Bell

Last time I checked, it was still possible to teleconference between North America and the UK.

I think you will find it is a planned convention rather than conference. I only used the term "conference call" because I couldn't think of any other way of putting it. But let me rephrase...

Would anyone like to be hooked up via the phone to the COnvention/conference/whatever it is?

Whatever. I still think that you are taking this meeting out of its original context. Then again, I'm not the organiser - nor am I going. So remember to have fun. :banghead:

Whatever. I still think that you are taking this meeting out of its original context. Then again, I'm not the organiser - nor am I going. So remember to have fun. :banghead:

Your right Windsor, it is being taken out of context.

Its nothing more than a glorified piss up with fellow members who wish to turn up.

As quite a few are likely to attend it should be a good day.

You don't need to glorify owt.

It's a piss up with lots of talk about death. Just a normal Saturday for a few of us.

Thank you Windsor.

Hope you have given the pub advance warning that Bou & I might be there 'arry, give them plenty of time to remove any curtains, lawnmowers, bins, stairs and any other objects we may fall over/down.

Best get the admins to remove the Richard O'Sullivan thread to a place of safety while we're at it :huh:

Depending where/when it is, I might actually make it

I take it that it is still all systems go.

I shall attend.

Id like to propose that, instead of formal introductions, we should play the " Who the f**k are you then?" game.

This will necessitate having to down at least one Pint or short, in one go, if we guess each others identity incorrectly.

As a major object of the meet is to get pissed, it would be prudent to ensure that we are all piss poor at guessing.

I thought somewhere along the line we'd agreed to wear avatar t-shirts, which would - like - take the guessing out of the guessing game, unless we all keep our coats really tightly fastened.

... When the engraving is done before assembly of the bullet, it should be safe ...

dlbullet8ne.jpg

Will the DLCon1 attendees be receiving any sort of official, exclusive-to-attendees, memento of the occasion? I recalled the DL bullet and thought it would be a nice gesture, maybe even if people have to pay a small amount to cover costs.

I presume there'd be some other engraving on it, like the date etc., maybe even a serial number. Who knows, in 100 years' time your descendants could get onto some bloody antique-flogging show on (holographic or better, by then I hope) television, with a full set of 100 DL Bullets; imagine! They could be worth a few quadrillion eurodollars...

Edited by Star Crossed

Me too. It may be fun to meet some of you loafers.

Me too. It may be fun to meet some of you loafers.

Does this mean that the chances of having "Mr Cool" ( HarryMac asides) come pay us a flying visit, is a distinct possibility?

Will The Pooka really attend?

I hope so.

Fun indeed HCW and Pooka, don't tease us guys, commit. I'm gannin', for deffo!

Have any decisions been made for this thing? I might be up for it.

Looks like I won't make it after all, my work is talking me up to Scotland for 2 weeks. Sorry :blink:

There should be a simultaneous Pictish meet-up I feel. Any of you trans-murals care to organise it?

Looks like I won't make it after all, my work is talking me up to Scotland for 2 weeks. Sorry :blink:

I won't make it after all, my work is talking me up to Scotland for 2 weeks.

I believe the word is spruking. You must be good HCW if they're talking you up.

Don't get scared by all the pre-tour hype. Just keep reminding yourself:

Chicks can do anything.

I shall be there, though I may have to leave early.

I'll be sorry not to meet HCW.

I won't make it after all, my work is talking me up to Scotland for 2 weeks.

I believe the word is spruking. You must be good HCW if they're talking you up.

Don't get scared by all the pre-tour hype. Just keep reminding yourself:

Chicks can do anything.

Oops!