Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Small technichal question.

Is it worth setting up a protocol for introducing ourselves?

And regarding photographs; if taken will they be captioned for example "Lady Grendal and MPFC sitting at the bar"?

+ has anyone told the onwers of the pub about the convention. We could get literally a few dozen people, will there be room.

As it stands the details of the first ever Deathlist convention are....

"Barring any late changes, the convention will be held here :

details removed to protect privacy - LG

I wanted to start a thread to see who exactly is intending to come along and to sort out any details that need, er,sorting.

First things first, the link above does not seem to work so where exactly will it be? As far as i can tell it's ----------------, is that right?

Second things second, at the moment I believe we have three confirmed attendees, myself , harrymcnallysbluesandwhitearmy and Lady Grendel. Will anyone else actully be coming?

Should you wish to make excellent jokes about the DLC2008, or assert at length why it should not take place there is another thread you may care to use.

if you have any constructive posting put it here.

Post moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

Well done Millwall, now all the nutters can turn up. I thought this was being dealt with by pm to prevent that from happening.

Post moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

I also thought Harry was dealing with all this, and in a very respectful & organised way too.

Now, it seems like you are forcing people to admit, both openly, and by a certain timescale that they are coming. I mean what's the rush? What needs sorting, all of a sudden, that Harry wasn't already sorting?

I don't like being pressurised by anybody to commit to plans a long way off, especially when all I have to sort is getting down on the train. If I walked into this bar & no-one was there, then f**k it, I'll head off to watch Fulham v Reading. No sorting there at all, and if there was, I wouldn't need you to do it for me. I've got a holiday first anyway, before I even think about November.

By the way, the link works absolutely fine - it's in Central London.

Harry, thanks for the respectful, organised & decent way you went about this, but if Millwall's going to be there & this is his attitude to how it's got to be done, then I can't be f**ked, I've got other (and arguably) better things to do.

Have fun, those who are going.

Finally, why does this need a new thread, and why is it in the main DL forum & not extra-curricular?

Post moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

Well then, I'll be there at 'Harry's Bar'. Freshly blow dried in my red, crushed velvet smoking jacket. Watch out all you rough boys (or girls) :) . I think I may be quite lonely.

Should I also post this drivel in the other DL convention thread?

Post moved - LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

I've merged Millwalls thread into the main convention thread and removed the convention details. This was being dealt with by pm to specifically avoid the details being posted on the main site therefore attracting nutters. I agree with the other posters that 'arry has been doing a magnificent job organising this get together, if you do want to know who has confirmed their attendance why don't you just pm him?

I mentioned Harry's Bar in my previous post. This could be left (if incorrect) and I could act as a decoy and draw their fire. I'll be able to spot the 'Royal Forum' members since they always wear tiaras, and that gentleman in the pastel polo shirt and gold chain that will follow me into the toilet will be a Paul Hunter fan. The others however.......

I will endeavour to log on from my hospital bed, and anyway if SttG goes I will find out how things went.

Thanks for your kind words, Occy and LG. And thanks to Davy Gravy for his offer of selfless Corporal Jonesesque acts of heroism - the medal will be posted to the casualty dept.

People arguing about the convention 3 months before it happens doesn’t bode too well, eh :) . Maybe this thread should be closed till nearer the time.

Millwall, there will at least 10 attendees, possibly nearer 20. I’ll do a reccy on the bar to make sure it’s big enough. Photos will be captioned ‘McNally and Ronnie ruefully reflect on how the DeathList was so much better in the 80s…eee, it were all green fields around ’ere back then…’

I don’t think Lee Hazelwood’s dead just yet.

I have a hangover the size of Jupiter and I’m going back to bed.

Well done Millwall, now all the nutters can turn up. I thought this was being dealt with by pm to prevent that from happening.

Post moved - LG

Fair enough.my bad. Just Delete the last few posts.

I don't really think that any "nutters" (present company excepted) will turn up but if you all think so....

Guest PORL HUNTERS BROTHER

OI YOU BUNCH OF SICK W**nkers, IM PORL HUNTERS BROTHER AND I WAS JUST HAPPENING TO BE READING THAT CONVENTION STUFF IN THE 46 f****n MINUTES WHEN THE NAME OF THE BAR WAS UP (THAT WAS LUCKEY HEY) AND ME AND 40 OF MY HARD SQUADDIE MATES ARE GONNA COME TO YOUR f*****g CONVENTION AND STICK SNOOKER CUES ETC ETC RANT RANT.

:);)

40 eh?

I had no idea that there were 40 squaddies spare, what with you all out there in Iraq and Afghanistan.

PS: If you do come down, if you see somebody heavily made up with Basque, stockings etc, that will be me.

PPS: Anybody care to guess what member posted this?

Post moved - LG

I don't really think that any "nutters" (present company excepted) will turn up but if you all think so....

I'm sure they won't now it's been taken off, after all, we're hardly innundated with guests at the moment, but a notable death, like Paul Hunter or Emlyn Hughes would bring them all out of the woodwork I'm sure and if all the details were posted up for anyone to see...........

Anyway, as it's stands, we'll probably just end up with Iain.

Post moved - LG

I'm sure they won't now it's been taken off, after all, we're hardly innundated with guests at the moment, but a notable death, like Paul Hunter or Emlyn Hughes would bring them all out of the woodwork I'm sure and if all the details were posted up for anyone to see...........

Anyway, as it's stands, we'll probably just end up with Iain.

Sorry I got a bit over excited. I genuinely thought we should maybe do a bit of organising and that there would be no issues around "nutters" turning up.

Will still be there though....

We could meet at a George Melly gig!

We'd have to get past St.Peter.

No Chance

I'd like to see everyone at the DL Con wearing a T-Shirt with their avatar on it; much cooler than name-tags, relatively cheap to do, and some of you would have a T-Shirt which you could wear for other subsequent occasions, such as mowing the lawn, painting, or attending Shari Lewis/Lamb Chop conventions.

I'd like to see everyone at the DL Con wearing a T-Shirt with their avatar on it; much cooler than name-tags, relatively cheap to do, and some of you would have a T-Shirt which you could wear for other subsequent occasions, such as mowing the lawn, painting, or attending Shari Lewis/Lamb Chop conventions.

That's actually a pretty good idea. About the T-shirts not the Lamb Chop convention. Would those people without avatars have to turn up naked?

I don't think fabric technology would be able to cope with mine.

Surely you could perfect the technique of repetitive chest-wobbling?

I don't think fabric technology would be able to cope with mine.

I have every faith that there exists a "smart" material for the job, however for the greater good I think you should consider changing your avatar. Sorry Anubis, I think I'd prefer to see Timmy and his Mallet than Paul and Barry, then again some people probably don't want to be reminded of Keith Harris and Orville!

I think you should consider a page on the DL forums where someone with a BBC voice would alert the general public about potentially disturbing images on this site.

I don't think that's such a shab idea, tbh. Although being a poor and/or starving student, I may simply make a button of my avatar instead. That way everyone'll recognise me. :P

(Hm... perhaps I'll make a button of someone else's avatar and wear that instead, just to stir things up... on second thought, perhaps I shan't make a button at all, but will simply show up claiming to be some other member... [begins hatching dastardly plan] ...the possibilities are endless... [/begins hatching dastardly plan])

Oddly, I was in the process of having a t-shirt made with my first avatar - the smoking fox - on the front. Looks like it'll come in handy on November 2nd.

Oddly, I was in the process of having a t-shirt made with my first avatar - the smoking fox - on the front. Looks like it'll come in handy on November 2nd.

And quite possibly even more handy on November 3rd.

Not a bad idea at all.

(For those of you reading this in 2358AD <when my avatar is a picture of something that hasn't yet been invented>, I hilariously changed my current avatar to a plain black t-shirt).

Aye, November 3rd it is, sorry. In a blurred state of hunger and confusion I was reading my messages on here and playing back a couple of weeks of the answerphone.

Not a bad idea at all.

Hm... is that, like, a meta-shirt?