Death Watch Beatle

The Trumptonshire Trilogy

I went to school with a girl who's mum's name was Joyce Joyce.

Lard Bazarr I can't help but congratulate you, talking humor your last few posts have been knocking them dead. (Clap clap)

My serious reply was originally going to be 'I wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee with Joyce Joyce's parents, I would like to indulge in a conversation relating to 'why they decided to give their daughter the same name as her last name. The only problem is maybe 'John Joyce and Dorethea Dorethea are dead. It's common sense.

As I was typing that I found this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20945076/?GT1=10357

A Chicago couple named their new born son 'Wrigley Fields' can you believe that? Wrigley Fields ... now I would ......... really like to sit down with the ..... Fields family and discuss why in fact they named their son 'Wrigley'

Because I'll tell you this

By 2009 The Mets and The Yankees are getting New Stadiums. I think many other teams will be getting 'new stadiums' too

So when the kid is starting first grade 'And Wrigley Field' is demolished now your kid might live eighty five years with the name of a stadium that only lasted about six years of his entire life. It's f****n insane if you were to ask me.

I mean George Foreman named all his sons George. It was very uncreative and very unenthusiastic of him.

But at least I know the guy got hit a couple of times.

You don't make come backs at 54 and name grills after yourself for no reason. There is logic behind these actions. In most cases like these there is no logic, in Foremans case it makes sense.

My serious reply was originally going to be 'I wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee with Joyce Joyce's parents, I would like to indulge in a conversation relating to 'why they decided to give their daughter the same name as her last name.

They probably didn't - she was probably called Joyce Smith or whatever & when she married she would've become Joyce Joyce. Possibly.

They probably didn't - she was probably called Joyce Smith or whatever & when she married she would've become Joyce Joyce. Possibly.

Lack of evidence backing up your claim. She said her mothers name 'was' Joyce Joyce.

In reference to either 'talking passed tense' or her mothers name was literally Joyce Joyce by marriage.

So 'what was it' Lard Bazarr.

My serious reply was originally going to be 'I wouldn't mind having a cup of coffee with Joyce Joyce's parents, I would like to indulge in a conversation relating to 'why they decided to give their daughter the same name as her last name.

That's exactly it. Her name was Joyce Something Else, and she married Mr Joyce.

I wasn't trying to be funny Banshees, I was simply making a relevant and factual contribution to the topic. Dickwad.

That's exactly it. Her name was Joyce Something Else, and she married Mr Joyce.

I wasn't trying to be funny Banshees, I was simply making a relevant and factual contribution to the topic. Dickwad.

Lack of evidence backing up your claim now, Banshees. Guess you've run out of conversation over coffee now. :unsure:

Lack of evidence backing up your claim now, Banshees. Guess you've run out of conversation over coffee now. :unsure:

Both claims lacked evidence Triple O. It would have been a conversation over coffee if it actually was my original suggestion, the outcome 'which was yours' clap clap ' is very ironic.

I went to school with a girl called Philippa who's father's name was Phillip. I always thought that was a bit odd.

Incidentally, this topic made me think of Sir Prancelot. Is this programme remembered as fondly in parts Northern? I had the wallpaper.

sirpzz.jpg

I went to school with a girl called Philippa who's father's name was Phillip. I always thought that was a bit odd.

sirpzz.jpg

That's a bit like the Nigel/Nigella Lawson thing - apart from the fact that I think Nigella is an awful name, I also think it's rather vain to name someone after yourself.

Incidentally, this topic made me think of Sir Prancelot. Is this programme remembered as fondly in parts Northern? I had the wallpaper.

sirpzz.jpg

I just thought of it as Captain Pugwash with armour.

sirpzz.jpg

I just thought of it as Captain Pugwash with armour.

I think we have come full circle with this one - the website says it is another Bura and Hardwick film.

DWB :rolleyes:

I unearthed this today, from the last of the pile of packing boxes I accumulated when I decided to upsticks and change my life. I was shocked when I went to look for a link for it on Amazon to show to a friend (children's TV programmes having been much discussed among a lot of us with Mr. Postgate going), only to discover it's retailing second hand for £80, a new copy is £100, it cost about £12.99 4/5 years ago, I wouldn't part with it for the world, it's my childhood etc, but my brother is emigrating in March and is most likely leaving most of his DVD's here for me to dispose off, hopefully his copy of the same DVD, that I bought him for Xmas a few years ago, will be among them, dilemma being do I tell him, or just cash in when he goes? :birthday:

I unearthed this today, from the last of the pile of packing boxes I accumulated when I decided to upsticks and change my life. I was shocked when I went to look for a link for it on Amazon to show to a friend (children's TV programmes having been much discussed among a lot of us with Mr. Postgate going), only to discover it's retailing second hand for £80, a new copy is £100, it cost about £12.99 4/5 years ago, I wouldn't part with it for the world, it's my childhood etc, but my brother is emigrating in March and is most likely leaving most of his DVD's here for me to dispose off, hopefully his copy of the same DVD, that I bought him for Xmas a few years ago, will be among them, dilemma being do I tell him, or just cash in when he goes? :unsure:

Well there's absolutely no question - cash in!

Creator Gordon Murray dies at 95. BBC obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36670186

Thank you for my childhood. RIP.

Well, on a related issue, I'd like to thank Half Man Half Biscuit for my younger days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCYOQOn-NPU

• Like 1

And Murrays style of movement still lives on through "Radioheads" animated movie set to "Don't Burn the Witch". A clear adaption of the Wicker Man film, it is a little more imposing compared to watching Mrs Honeyman and Windy Miller. One wonders what Murray thought of Radioheads use of his technique.

And Murrays style of movement still lives on through "Radioheads" animated movie set to "Don't Burn the Witch". A clear adaption of the Wicker Man film, it is a little more imposing compared to watching Mrs Honeyman and Windy Miller. One wonders what Murray thought of Radioheads use of his technique.

I thought this was the Wimbledon page for a minute there.

• Like 1

His son-in-law was non-too-pleased, and apparently wouldn't be showing it to Murray

because “Gordon would be appalled”.

(that last link is a Grauniad Pass Notes on Gordon burning his puppets, so not particularly relevant)

Make of this what you will - report of the death of Bob Bura aged 93:

On 4/11/2018 at 14:01, YoungWillz said:

Make of this what you will - report of the death of Bob Bura aged 93:

Bob Bura obit.