Dr Hackenslash

Lord Of The Dancing On His Grave

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...icle1987683.ece

Michael Flatley, the choreographer and former Riverdance star, was seriously ill in hospital last night and all performances of his upcoming show have been cancelled.

Flatley, 49, who married his fellow dancer Niamh O'Brien, 32, last month, was said by his aides to be receiving emergency treatment in a London hospital, although they would not disclose the nature of his illness. Flatley's publicist said the star had been receiving treatment in hospital for several days.

Now, I'm not one for gossip...but...he had facial cancer last year, just married and he has done lots of work for AIDS charities.

Hmmm....

• Like 2

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...icle1987683.ece

Michael Flatley, the choreographer and former Riverdance star, was seriously ill in hospital last night and all performances of his upcoming show have been cancelled.

Flatley, 49, who married his fellow dancer Niamh O'Brien, 32, last month, was said by his aides to be receiving emergency treatment in a London hospital, although they would not disclose the nature of his illness. Flatley's publicist said the star had been receiving treatment in hospital for several days.

Now, I'm not one for gossip...but...he had facial cancer last year, just married and he has done lots of work for AIDS charities.

Hmmm....

It's a strange article - says he's 49, but born in 1958...

Still, one to watch for sure.

Another link

If he dies will he be the Lord of the Danse Macabre?

• Like 1

Sorry to be boring, but it's "a non life-threatening viral infection", not AIDS

or at least that's the publicist's take on events.

You seem to be the bearer of bad good news today OoO! :)

Next you'll be finding a report that Friedman's death was just a media error. ;)

EDIT: This statement is tentatively withdrawn until I see just how critical Ferenc Puskas is...

• Like 1

Sorry to be boring, but it's "a non life-threatening viral infection", not AIDS

or at least that's the publicist's take on events.

You seem to be the bearer of bad good news today OoO! :)

Next you'll be finding a report that Friedman's death was just a media error. ;)

EDIT: This statement is tentatively withdrawn until I see just how critical Ferenc Puskas is...

Is Milton Friedman dead?

And talking of Freidmans, did Kinky win the governership in Texas?

And talking of Freidmans, did Kinky win the governership in Texas?

From wiki:

Receiving less than 15% of the vote, Friedman placed fourth in the five-party race beating out only the Libertarian candidate.

A sad day for Friedmen indeed.

If anything I'd have thought Faltley would die of spontaneous combustion or something like that due to the friction of his feet on the dance floor.

When he dies... Michael Flatline....

• Like 3

Michael Flatley is 60 today.

In other news, he seems to be making a huge loss on the mansion he has up for sale: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5899865/Riverdance-star-Michael-Flatley-relists-gaudy-manor-second-time-14-5m.html

And he's releasing a self-financed film which he wrote, directed and stars in: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jul/06/michael-flatley-blackbird-film-self-financed-spy-thriller-what-you-need-to-know

If you're thinking bankruptcy, then suicide, then he is all yours...

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Flatley has his own thread here. ;)

Didn’t think he was old enough to likely have one so didn’t bother checking. 

If he's already doing the "aggressive, prayers please" we could be looking at a John Challis-style "I'm actually about to drop dead but will announce it as a diagnosis" deal.

38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

If he's already doing the "aggressive, prayers please" we could be looking at a John Challis-style "I'm actually about to drop dead but will announce it as a diagnosis" deal.

It seems he has only just had the surgery and it comes across as if he is still in hospital from it. So he will either likely die quicky from complications or live for at least a while longer. Important to note it’s his team not him announcing it which could imply he is seriously unwell. 

Just saying this is the man who self funded a movie where he plays a James Bond knock off. He strikes me as the type to exaggerate how ill he is for media attention.

• Like 2

Attended the Ireland France Rugby game with his son last Saturday 

0_Michael-Flatley.jpg

Looks quite well realatively speaking anyway

• Like 1