Godot

The Monkeys

I think I have just seen my favourite link. This one by Godot. Not only that but I now have a new hobby.

A few more here as well,

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/

The number 1 in their top ten would probably get you arrested these days.

[Warning! Link is not work or family safe and in bad taste -- MH]

http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/badalb...lbumcovers1.htm

Bloody Hell TF, that last one is probably on the police files. If I get a visit from the boys in blue I'm blaming you.

I think I have just seen my favourite link. This one by Godot. Not only that but I now have a new hobby.

In the words of Celebrity Big Brother airhead Chantelle - 'Oh My God'.

I'm speechless.

I enjoyed that link, Godot, then I spent far too much time reading the rest of www.stevecarter.com - where, apart from enjoying a good site, I found a new smiley --> suicide3kr3.gif (slightly edited)

For Monkey awards, I would also like to commend Godot for his post linking to the first episode in a series that had Captain's Mate roaring with laughter. This is only one example of many enjoyable contributions from this enigmatic character.

Other awards would go to Hein for consistent high quality and to HCW for ...er hilarious idiosyncratic brevity. :banghead:;)

Best link?

Jimmy Jangle , the unofficial National Anthem of a generation.

I'll second that AtJ. A magnificent piece of work. The best thing is that the accompanying tune can be heard everywhere during the festive season bringing cheer and joy in the most unlikely of circumstances. Only last week a brass band was playing it in our local shopping centre. Dodging the crowds muttering, "I'm a chutney farmer / lovely lovely lovely", it made the experience much more bearable.

Who is going to win a Monkey?

An idea trailed on the Hartlepool Deadlypool forum, hence the Monkeys (in honour of said Hartlepool monkey) for contributions to the deathlist. Virtual DL awards for 2006. List your nominations here with links if known.

• Thread of the year - for the most entertaining thread of 2006, judged on artistic merit, content, interest and general good value.

• Post of the year - for the single most entertaining or amazing post.

• Best rant - for the most hatefilled rant of the year.

• Best link - most entertaining link.

• Best death - for the most interesting and talked about death of the year.

The opinion of the judges is final.

Best Thread/s - I find the Oscar Niemeyer and Fidel Castro threads very funny due to the curious breed of ranter/conspiracy theorists they attract. Which are beautifully complemented by my incisive and rapier-like replies.

Post of the year, I think either BHB's Crow King effort or MPFC's terminal illness football league suggestion were classics. Possibly also NAP's one he drew attention to earlier, not that I'm being lazy or anything... a bit upsetting that my only nomination so far is something my mum text me, so not even my own work!

Best poster of the year should perhaps be separate from best post? I usually very much enjoy the Pooka's posts, also Alphonsin & Twelvetrees on their less frequent visits. MH is consistently good, a midfield general if you will. Also, TF manages to combine factual and relevant info infused with some sharp comments and just a dash of cynicism, but also usually manages to keep his posting brief and to the point. I dread to think how many lessons his posting style holds for me, clearly I've still not started on lesson one.

Hate filled rant? He's a member, but that doesn't stop each post being an insane rambling rant. It's my current pick of the pops Xenon II, and his entourage of Feminazis. When Good Books go Bad....

Best link? The one I wasted the most time on was the plate spinning one, so maybe that.

Best death. Erm, I still don't really care except to the extent that a few deaths make the forum a bit more lively right accross the board. As long as they keep on dropping, I don't care who.

Here are my nominations.

Best Thread/s - I like the Fat and Fearless thread myself. A mixture of information, humour and that rare thing a "ranter" who had me see his point. Carol Jaeger's brother's dignified reply to my rather cheap attack humbled me.

Post of the year. Either TLC's text from his mum or post no 42 in this thread from TF. In fact the whole rat eating saga is quite brilliant. http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...20pig&st=30

Best poster of the year. So many to chose from. Alphonsin for his research, CarolAnn for becoming one of us so quickly. TLC for managing to be cheeky but respectful. TF for never writing a dull post or Windsor because I can't imagine the place without him.

Hate filled rant? Xenon II or any of the Paul Hunter ones.

Best link? Don't think any really stood out for me. Maybe DttG's youtube of Claude Francoise

Best death. Of those on the list Botha for setting us in motion again after a period of inactivity(Brian Nelson's doen't count) of those not on the list Steve Irwin's for proving that everyone has a morbid side and can laugh at death related joke.

Hate filled rant? He's a member, but that doesn't stop each post being an insane rambling rant. It's my current pick of the pops Xenon II, and his entourage of Feminazis. When Good Books go Bad....

Does no-one read th Irate Visitors thread anymore?

Han made a hateful rant against gingers.

As a Scot (my population being 95% ginger) I'm offended! But hey it's ok! As longs as no-one upsets the Jews it's fair f*****g game eh!?

You're all a bunch of racist bigots. I'm off to join the Scottish Liberation Army...

Does no-one read th Irate Visitors thread anymore?

Han made a hateful rant against gingers.

As a Scot (my population being 95% ginger) I'm offended! But hey it's ok! As longs as no-one upsets the Jews it's fair f*****g game eh!?

You're all a bunch of racist bigots. I'm off to join the Scottish Liberation Army...

Shockingly I used to be a ginger myself(until I was about 4), but I grew out of it.

No offence was meant W, I just being silly. Sorry

I was only joking....

-_-

I didn't even notice -_-

tcap1003recitalinfomg6.jpg

Nor did I !

FF's nominations:

Best avatar: DevonDeathTrip

Thread of the year: Pete Doherty

Post of the year: BHB's "King of Crows"

Rant of the year: Canadian Paul's " rant"

Best link: Deadornot's "Drunk Klunk"

Best death: Steve Irwin's

Without having read the other ones...

* Thread of the year - I really enjoyed that thread where we were all up in arms about Deathlist's wikipedia page, but I can't seem to find it anymore...

* Post of the year - The one where OoO compiled all of Iain's stupid and contradictory comments into one post... damned if I can find where it is though...

* Best rant - Again, can't seem to find the thread, but the one where that lady from the BBC had that gigantic censored rant against Iain. I laughed pretty damn hard.

* Best link - I still laugh every time I think about OoO posting Wikipedia's entry for "wank" under "breaking news"

* Best death - Aaron Spelling, just because we all wrote him off as poor candidate and he carked it in any case - not to mention that we seemed to care more than Tori ;)

* Thread of the year - I really enjoyed that thread where we were all up in arms about Deathlist's wikipedia page, but I can't seem to find it anymore...

* Post of the year - The one where OoO compiled all of Iain's stupid and contradictory comments into one post... damned if I can find where it is though...

* Best rant - Again, can't seem to find the thread, but the one where that lady from the BBC had that gigantic censored rant against Iain. I laughed pretty damn hard.

Deathlist uproar: here

Wit & Wisdom of Iain: here

BBC rant against Iain: here

for you to enjoy again & again ;)

What happens if you're a ginger Jew?

The whole of the joke thread deserves a monkey for giving us all a laugh. Even at the crappiest jokes on it. How about a vote for the best joke on the thread?

The whole of the joke thread deserves a monkey for giving us all a laugh. Even at the crappiest jokes on it. How about a vote for the best joke on the thread?

OK. Nominations?

Best post in the joke thread?

This one

(I was actually looking for her Myra Hindley joke which was very funny :banghead: )

Amanda cannot win any - her last post was on 24th December 2005.

I thought the idea of the monkeys was to honour the past year?

As she has not posted...oh well.

Edit: The Hindley joke was posted on 11th Oct 2005.

Bou's marathon joke or Thyphoid Harry's masochist joke, both on the first page were my favourites.

Yes, must be 2006 jokes.

Yes, must be 2006 jokes.

Oh alright.

How about this one? :P

Yes, must be 2006 jokes.

Oh alright.

How about this one? :)

Much better! :P

I like this one myself. Ho ho ho!