Godot

The Monkeys

Personal fave; Dorothy Webb, cos I fingered her and nobody else got close!!

What a horrific image, MPFC, I may never sleep again. :birthday2:

I, too, feel slightly nauseous now.

Does the best death have to be one off the DL list? I think Anna Nicole Smith's death was quite a good one, a bit shocking, a bit unexpected, certainly talked about.

I've given this some thought today. Being on a roof all day makes you think of the strangest things. I forget my own Mother's birthday so 'the post of the year' and anything specific, pass me by, but 'poster of the year' and 'best newcomer' are things you get a feeling for.

The results for these two categories from the 'Graves' (like any one cares) are:

After much deliberation it was decided that the 'poster of the year' should be someone who contributes to the forum regularly, helping it to flow and move on. As with any social group, whether a football club, chess club or whatever it is the regulars who keep it alive for the rest of us. Cowboy Ronnie, Anubis, Notapotato, Godot, Banshees Scream and a few others were discussed but we feel the award should go to...............Maryportfuncity.

As for 'newcomer of the year', we couldn't separate Harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy and Lord Fellatio Nelson.

Rant of the year . I don't tend to read the guest rants but I liked Godot's little strop about the Munchkin thread being closed

Poster of the year. DDT for all the reasons NAP posted and for allowing us to take the piss about the tractor incident

Best Newcomer. Harrymac for organising the DL con, Mono for getting BS wound up, LFN just because

Thread of the Year : Phil Drabble for the unforgettable post from DDT about eating his tractor

Avatar of the year. I'll get back to you on that

Joke of the year: LG's computer one

Post of the year : CO's photo of George Melly or DDT eating his tractor

Best Death. Phil Drabble because at least we all know he's dead and Tammy because this time last year we didn't know if she'd see 2007

Don't know or care nothing about posts, rants, threads or even deaths, but here are some of the people, in no particular order and in lazyarse shorthand, that made my time on this forum worthwhile, be it in via their posts or in the premature-death inducing (so my AA mentor tells me) madhouse that is the chatroom:

LG, MC, MdF, CR, DDT, IE+, H, DttG, SttG, 12T, LFN, SC, AtJ, CA, CO, CP, HCW, NAP, MPFC, HoS, VT, HJT, DS, TMIB and OoO.

This post contains 30 commas, which is more than enough.

Your sewer-like minds, honestly! I meant 'fingered' as in selecting for a team. You know, pretty much in the way I constantly fingered Lindsey Hughes.

Your sewer-like minds, honestly! I meant 'fingered' as in selecting for a team.

Of course you did!

F******t doesn't do iain justice, there should be an award for thinking up a single word which describes iain.

Okay! I'll start.

*drumroll*

twatloon -v., noun, adj. as in he is a twatloon, he twatloons everywhere he goes, that is a twatloon tie you're wearing.

Avatar of the year: Anubis' Chuckle Brothers, although I like the current one as well.

I much prefer the latter. The Chuckle brothers I find highly disturbing and thus felt it should have contained some warning similar to strobe lights in use at this venue or something.

I'd also like to throw Star Cross's collage of the McCann woman into the hat.

Avatar of the year: Anubis' Chuckle Brothers, although I like the current one as well.

I much prefer the latter. The Chuckle brothers I find highly disturbing and thus felt it should have contained some warning similar to strobe lights in use at this venue or something.

I'd also like to throw Star Cross's collage of the McCann woman into the hat.

Edit - I'd also like to nominate "any one" of Banshees Jokes for best joke. What's that phrase again, something about at and not with?

Okay, I'm such a dufus, hit reply and not edit.

While I feel both LFN and 'arry would be worthy winners of Best Newcomer, my vote would go to Monoclinic, I know strictly speaking she joined last year but it was at the end of the year and she only made 4 posts. She's made many interesting, informative and witty comments, her ongoing 'discussions' with BS about the theory of evolution both in the forum and on the chat have been priceless.

Post of the year I would give to HCW for his pumpkin joke :lol: .

While I feel both LFN and 'arry would be worthy winners of Best Newcomer, my vote would go to Monoclinic, I know strictly speaking she joined last year but it was at the end of the year and she only made 4 posts. She's made many interesting, informative and witty comments, her ongoing 'discussions' with BS about the theory of evolution both in the forum and on the chat have been priceless.

Post of the year I would give to HCW for his pumpkin joke :lol: .

Have to agree with you LG, Monoclinic is a superb writer and its a pleasure to read her posts.

Havent thought too much about the rest of the catagories, I lack the mental capacity to multi task, so Lady FN tells me.... :(

I have got as far as "Avatar of the Year", however, and my choice has to be The Pooka and his very good Jason King impersonation.

It seems that time,fashion and a small matter of a Gross indecency conviction after playing "Hunt the sausage" in Gloucester Bus station in 1975 has done little to dent the coolness of Jason King/Peter Wyngarde.

The panel is still looking for more nominations. If you have the time, take a minute or two to trawl through last year's posts and topics. Who made a witty post? Who set up a great thread? Which thread really impressed? Who pissed off fellow DLers? Who made a great prediction? Who made a strong impression after their arrival? Who had a glowing avatar? Who cracked a good joke? Who died a great death? Who had an entertaining rant? Post your ideas or send me a PM.

regards,

Godot

Cheers Godot, it's nice to see one eagerly anticipated awards ceremony going ahead despite the writers strike.

The Monkeys

It's been a while coming but the deliberations are over, the nominations are in, the red carpet is being rolled out as I write and the suspense is building for this is the night that the DL honours its own.

2007 was not a classic year for the Deathlist forum. A few previously reliable contributors such as Tempus Fugit, Margere Hein, even Bruno Brimley went walkabout for long periods but a steady stream of contributions was maintained as always by MPFC and many others.

So here we go:

Death of the year (nominations: Pavarotti, Bill Deedes, George Melly). The winner is George Melly because we know at heart he was one of us.

Thread of the year: (nominations: The ever popular: things to do while waiting for death, Fascinating things, Squid; Kate and Gerry): from an unpromising start the Kate and Gerry show turned out to be the longest running farce of the year.

Poster of the Year: (nominations: MPFC, DDT, Monoclinic, Cowboy Ronnie, Twelvetrees)

Always a tough one but congratulations go to DDT for consistency and quality. The panel wants to make a special mention of Twelvetrees who doesn't post often but always posts well.

Post of the year While Cpt. Oates deserves an honourable mention for her posts of the George Melly concert and while DDT's "eat my tractor" Phil Drabble post was a strong nomination, the panel went for the Harry Potter/Star Wars letter. Not an observation in her own words but it was certainly an excellent find and Boudicca deserves recognition for one of many apposite posts.

Rant of the Year(nominations: Godot for the Munchkin rant, LFN and Harrymcnally for their pincer rant on BS, and Tempus Fugit who deserves a special mention as Sulk of the year: The award goes jointly to LFN and Harrymcnallyetc.

Avatar of the year (nominations: Anubis the Jackal (Chuckle Brothers), Canadian Paul (Shatner), Star Crossed (Hanoi McCann): the winner is Anubis for the most disturbing image of 2007.

Newcomer of the year: (nominations: Monoclinic, Harrymcnallyetc, Lord Falatio Nelson). This was a hard choice. The panel understands that Harrymcnally is not strictly a newcomer, otherwise he would probably have had the nod. LFN produced consistently good posts but Monoclinic edges it as the panel (overlooking her appearance three weeks before 2007) was particularly impressed by her broad knowledge of Belgium.

The Banshees Scream award for f*****t of the year (since Banshees nominated himself for this category and since one or two others had him down as a winner also, the panel thought it fitting to name the award after him, but he doesn't win). This one goes to The Philosopher who I am assured has no connection with Mr Scream.

Joke of the year: MPFC's Morrison's joke although Monoclinic's on this page was a close second. Harrymcnally's at the foot of this page was an even closer third.

Minor categories:

Pedantic exchange of the year goes to Honez and others for the its and it's debate.

Attention seeker of the year: Banshees Scream

Racist of the year: Banshees Scream

Sexist of the year: Banshees Scream

Most ignored Deathlister: Banshees Scream

Unfunniest joke of the year: Banshees Scream. Take your pick.

A special award this year goes to Octopus of Odstock for listening to deathlisters and transforming the Derby Deadpool in to the finest deadpool on the web.

Er... that's it! :)

Awesome Godot and I'm honoured to be a Monkey.

I mean, if I'm a monkey I'm obviously swimming on top of the West Cumbrian gene pool.

Awards Of 2007

Ladies and gentleman,

If you could take me as humble for just once..

After reading and contributing to this mental database for a series of my life which holds our words, our premonitions, our laughs, our cries, our arguments, our debates, and conversations

I want to take up a moment of your time to present the notable awards to contributers who have inspired, who have produced quality in quantity, who have confessed experience of all extremes, who have displayed images of all figure and color. I want the best of those who live in a world where life and death are memorized to be recognized tonight.

After falling victim to both the negative and positive aspects in this media-based broadcast of death I want to put that aside and honor those who deserve it most of all.

Rookie Of The Year - The selection was few and the competition was great. An award such as this should be based on the quality, the wit, and the consistency of the personality. Rookie Of The Year: Monoclinic

Avatar of The Year - An image of which is so simple may in fact be the most complex of them all. An image of which is so complex may be the most simple. The faces are many but only one award is available. Anubis The Jackal's chuckle brothers fit the criteria 'And were very annoying' but in my eyes the Avatar Of The Year goes to: Star Crossed

Debater Of The Year - Day in and day out we face both opposition and agreement from the minds which roam here. From disagreements to smack talking this conversation has gone down. A couple months ago I realized that my time here was at risk so I decided to attack what was desperately needed for change. I threw the first stone in the revolution of Derby Dead Pool. The debate owned the later months of 2007 and on this attempt myself in part with others reset the age limits to reasonable standards and banned all predetermined deaths. The organizers resigned 'just in time' and a great runner was named. I will pocket this award. Debater Of The Year goes to: Banshees Scream Thank you, thank you.

Award For Consistency - Even in the darkest and most silent times of participation one man has managed to keep the flow of interest here on www.Deathlist.net alive. A true topic starter and golden contributer the Award For Consistency goes to: Maryportfuncity

Award For Brilliance - It is hard to dismiss the outcast who might leave some readers staring clueless. It is easy for one of great knowledge to demote or level their intelligence to those surrounded by them. I present this award not only out of just fact but I present it even more out of a gut feeling. The Award For Brilliance goes to: Honez

Moderator Of The Year - Over the years many of our precious moderators have vanished or dramatically lost interest in maintaining involvement here on Deathlist.net. They have a secret forum, they delete spam, and I believe those few besides myself and just a few others may only know the true meaning of this place. Selecting the winner of this award was not a walk in the park but based on consistency and quality along with perspective: Moderator Of The Year goes to: Cowboy Ronnie

Thread Of The Year - Threads themselves are the frames which hold all of history here as we know it. The 'Dead Thread' is the most updated while some might consider 'The Ideas And Possibilities' the most informative. My standards are set on a little something called 'entertainment' and the word itself in my mind represents comedy and it represents arguments and it represents wit and it represents insanity and most of all it even represents genius. Thread of The Year goes to: Room 101

Death of The Year - After a disappointing death toll in 2007 the category of possible winners was not very large. Out of all the accumulated deaths last year one candidate stood face to face with her final shown down until the fight could not be possibly fought anymore. A woman who defied all negative expectations and who went beyond limitation - A woman who if only we could all be as motivated towards challenges in everyday life as she was towards her cancer fight - it might be a near perfect world. Death Of The Year goes to: Tammy Faye Messner

Post of The Year - A category that could range down to a single opinion which my personal opinion has been long sold on an image of a candidate in the last weeks of his life. I clapped my hands then and I clap them now. Out of all the effort - image - and conversation that has gone down in 2007 - Post Of The Year goes to: Captain Oats

Poster Of The Year - The final reward of the night is one which has raised many questions. The crave for something more is what draws people here and although one may prefer comedy over rationality another may prefer the informative over the entertainer. Many of us have been one or the other if not both but there is one poster who keeps to his business and has contributed the common and the eccentric among death media all around the world. He has demonstrated quality in quantity and his information has provided answers and questions for us all. Poster Of The Year goes to: Devon Death Trip

It has been my honor to honor all of you.

Goodnight.

Pedantic exchange of the year goes to Honez and others for the its and it's debate.

I suppose it's too late to point out that should read honez, not Honez...

Thank-you Godot, I'm touched. However I think you only bent the rules because of a Belgian connection I no longer have (I moved "Francewards" a few weeks back). Feel free to strip me of the award forthwith.

Banshees, it seems you may have grasped the concept of irony, either that or you actually like me being condescending about your grasp on reality. I'm, er touched, لكم جميعا الامريكى الغبي :)

Avatar of The Year ... Anubis The Jackal's chuckle brothers fit the criteria 'And were very annoying' but in my eyes the Avatar Of The Year goes to: Star Crossed

Ahem... well... I wasn't expecting this... ahem... (reaches into inside pocket for notes) Hanoi Kate has so many people to thank for this award; Banshees Scream, Gerry, Metodo 3, the Portuguese Police, Richard Branson, the LAPD, Microsoft Paint and, most of all, the British tabloids for their unwavering support. Thank you. Thank you all...

Guest Statler and Waldorf
Avatar of The Year ... Anubis The Jackal's chuckle brothers fit the criteria 'And were very annoying' but in my eyes the Avatar Of The Year goes to: Star Crossed

Ahem... well... I wasn't expecting this... ahem... (reaches into inside pocket for notes) Hanoi Kate has so many people to thank for this award; Banshees Scream, Gerry, Metodo 3, the Portuguese Police, Richard Branson, the LAPD, Microsoft Paint and, most of all, the British tabloids for their unwavering support. Thank you. Thank you all...

Boo!!

Gerrofff!!!

Bloody post-whore!!!!

And a late breaking entry in the sinister PMs category. A megalomaniac writes:

Things are going to start changing around here Godett. Soon everything will mend to my standards. This is the last time you will ever present the awards because I thought you had more taste.

Remember that.

Now be a good old chap ..... as those British people might say. Do it right Godot.

And know your role.

All that's missing is the Austin Powers "Mwwwwhahaha." Still the panel has convened and is quite happy to accept the takeover bid from this little monkey. Besides I'm outta here for a while unless a megga DDP hit drags me back. Toodle pip.

Dear Mods,

Thanks for editing my signature, I'm forced to be honest.

The award ceremony that was presented by a member named Godot last night was one of the most false, most tasteless, most unprofessional productions that I have ever seen on this forum in my time of contribution.

My efforts last night were done out of pride and they were done for the purpose of correction, not arrogance. A ceremony of honor is made for the purpose of truth, not opinion. Although some categories may seem opinionated in my view all winners claim their recognition by a long shot.

Any intelligent human being would realize that one who is not open minded (Coughhhh Godot) cannot make the right decisions. The 'Monkey' results last night in my mind were equivalent to The very liberal New York Times making random and false statements about John McCain.

I'm disappointed. I really am. I'm disappointed in the mods for their lack of judgment and for their lack of irony and just about everything. I didn't like it.

Overall the only part of Godot's paragraph that mine was not equipped with was some of the judgment of the moderators who most likely nominated themselves. My presentation held more awards that are essential categories and I'm sure most of you agree. The list hits the floor.

If any f****n idiot with a half of brain were to read my paragraph and Godot's in the same half hour span mine would vote better at least 7 - 3. If not 8 - 2. Couldn't be more honest.

Of course .. I .. . wasn't given ... the permission to have such an honor of making that presentation ................ You know ..... the mods are right. Nobody told me I could do it .................................................................No. Nobody told me. I felt that I had too.

PS mods

Next year in say November when you are ready to gather information for the next awards send me a little PM.