Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Remember those Japanese soldiers found in the 1970s still thinking it was WWII?

I doubt he remembers. The only thing he can probably remember is the large doses of morphine that he injected.

Remember those Japanese soldiers found in the 1970s still thinking it was WWII?

Well one of them is still alive. I can't find any health news on him and I know the Japanese have a history of longevity but it might be worth considering him for the future. His deat is bound to cause some media interest.

You can read about him here anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

He was going to be a candidate on my DDP this year, but MH and I discussed him and we both sort of figured he wasn't all that poorly anyways. The last report I saw about him was from much earlier this year where he was said to be very active but having lung and breathing troubles. I'm still considering whether or not to add him next year.

Chuck Strahl, Canadian :lol: minister for Native Affairs, is suffering fron terminal lung cancer

Various (and inconveniently unlocatable) sources have described him both as terminal and "miraculously recovered." What I can confirm is that he is still active, most notably serving in cabinet functions. Having said that, I did pick him for my RDP, but only because I was so surprised that pool actually had him that I had to choose him. That and the other 15 people I would have picked before him (Melly, Pym, Ramsay, Manekshaw, Tsien Hsue-Shen, Stubbs, Hart etc. etc.) were all unavailable. I can also tell you that I will not be picking Mr. Strahl on my CPDP unless many many people die in the next week and a half, so who knows, maybe you'll get a unique pick. I'd certainly say he's one to watch.

Guest Guest

Isabel Perón is 76 years old. She is an EX-Argentine president & the widow of Juan Perón. Let's consider putting her on our DDP for next year. :lol:

Mr. Odstock, do you want to put Isabel Perón on your DDP team for next year? because she's going on my DDP for next year.

I was thinking of either Dick Chaney or Robert Mugabe.

As what? Babysitters?

Guest Guest_Brentford727_*

No, I was just... thinking about them.

Guest Duncarin

I was walking through Wikipedia the other day and saw that Steve Race is still very much alive. Used to compare programmes on the radio on the 70s 80 and n90s I think and was also the person who played the silent piano keyboard on 'Face the Music' many moons ago when BBC2 was still something decent. Anyway, Steve Race - gotta be considered - and he is certainly famous enough.

Olly Byrne, the owner of Shelbourne FC, Irelands reigning league champions, has had to step down as he is suffering from a malignant brain tumour. ;)

Mere days after I removed him from the names list, he is deceased.

Marathon runner Kerryn McCann who won gold medals at the 2002 and 2006 Commonwealth Games has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

And so has the singer Toni Braxton.

Murlidhar Devdas 'Baba' Amte, 92, has been diagnosed with leukemia.

He's famous in India for helping the sick and the poverty stricken, always cuddling lepers - a bit like a male version of Mother Teresa without the religious trappings.

I'm fairly confident he'll get a UK obit.

Murlidhar Devdas 'Baba' Amte, 92, has been diagnosed with leukemia.

He's famous in India for helping the sick and the poverty stricken, always cuddling lepers - a bit like a male version of Mother Teresa without the religious trappings.

I'm fairly confident he'll get a UK obit.

He's at least as famous as Abbe Pierre, who got both BBC and Guardian obits. Sad too, because at that age it's very difficult to fight it. ;)

Fred Phelps

Head of America's most hated family. If you read down his wiki entry, you will see a list of his enemies.

His church vs Jeremy Kyle.

Ailing Prime Minister of St. Lucia, Sir John Compton.

He has been mentioned before in this thread. He is back in hospital after taking a chest infection. Obviously getting weaker.

Fred Phelps

Head of America's most hated family. If you read down his wiki entry, you will see a list of his enemies.

His church vs Jeremy Kyle.

I remember watching Louis Theroux's documentary on Fred Phelps and his congregation of followers. I found it very disturbing, those people were so narrow minded, i felt sorry for the kids being born into it. They just ended up being brainwashed slaves!

Fred was also a big supporter of our "is he, isn't he?" friend Mr Castro. Fred liked the fact that Fidel was outspoken about homosexuality and how wrong it was.

Popbitch's latest missive, advises us that the Daily Mail's editor in chief, Paul Dacre, is about to pop his clogs.

Can't find much information on his health, apart from a few gossipy sites saying he needs heart surgery.

He's still off sick, but very little conclusive information about his health. This site says he has kidney problems.

The Independent mentioned a full month ago that

"Dacre has been off sick recently, but any idea that his iron fist is weakening is dismissed by managing editor Charles Garside: "He's been phoning in every day."

Other than that, there seems to be a total news blackout. It's funny how the man in charge of the Daily Mail is afforded more privacy than many of his publication's hapless victims.

Winnie Langley 93 years a smoker, soon to be a choker? She claims not to inhale and smokes only 5 a day, but she's still asking for it, surely?

Given the acreage of newsprint devoted to her by The Sun, she'd be a scorer in DDP 08.

Winnie, of Croydon, Surrey, said smoking helped “steady the nerves” during two World Wars.

Anthony Barron prison officers are disgruntled and likely to be cutting a few corners, sh*t time for one of the worst Paedo-scum in recent history to be earning a high profile conviction.

Not suitable for this list but maybe someone wants them for DDP.

Anorexic, amphetamine using Australian twins Clare and Rachel Wallmeyer.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259231

They could be the Aussie answer to Michaela and Samantha Kendall, the now dead anorexic twins who seemed to be in all the papers in the 1990s (warning, googling these two brings up some rather disturbing images)

Anthony Barron prison officers are disgruntled and likely to be cutting a few corners, sh*t time for one of the worst Paedo-scum in recent history to be earning a high profile conviction.

Ironic thing is that pedophiles tend to be model prisoners - of course, a proven tried and true way to solve the problem is to put the child molester in with the general population of a maximum security facility.

Oops, my Texas-ism is showing again. I must get that fixed.