Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

I would like to forward the name of Roger Moore to the 2008 possibles.

Well now, the old fella is 80 in October. The last time I saw him he really was begining to look very old.

Due for consideration?

French 'Spiderman' or 'Idiot' Alain Robert has just climbed a 185m building without any safety equipment. He only needs to get unlucky once to become of interest to this site. At 44, he is probably past his climbing prime.

He was on my DDP last year. I left him off this time. Don't know why.

I see the madman has just got arrested for trying to scale the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur.

There's a BBC interview here.

Bloody nutter.

He's still being a nutter, of course. He is exactly the sort of risk-taker that should encourage the DL committee to take a risk of its own and find a place for him in the lower confines of the Festive Fifty. He could be our very own Irwin - think of the kudos gained with success, and he'd only be keeping a Wallach or a Molinaro off the board.

musical-notes-sm.gifSpiderman, spiderman,

Your time on earth has now overran...

Found a guy who makes Papon and Pinochet look like amateurs. Karl Frenzel, former Nazi convicted for war crimes but released on health grounds September 12, 1985. Then, 74, now turning 96.

Pretty much the definition of getting away with it if you ask me.

Found a guy who makes Papon and Pinochet look like amateurs. Karl Frenzel, former Nazi convicted for war crimes but released on health grounds September 12, 1985. Then, 74, now turning 96.

Yes he is "pretty much a definition of getting away with it", but the wikipedia entry doesn;t say that he is any more liley to die next year than any other 96 year old.

Would be nice to know what the "technicality" was that got him out of prison in 1982 though.

Yes he is "pretty much a definition of getting away with it", but the wikipedia entry doesn;t say that he is any more liley to die next year than any other 96 year old.

Would be nice to know what the "technicality" was that got him out of prison in 1982 though.

This article claims that it was generic "heart trouble." Based on the fact that he was released on health grounds (even if they are dubious) I'd say that he is at least slightly more likely to die next year than any other 96 year old - not only to mention that he'd be more interesting than a lot of others. Ex-Nazis are always good for discussion.

Ian Porterfield, who scored the winning goal for Sunderland against Leeds in the 1973 FA Cup final, is battling colon cancer. When in charge of Chelsea in 1992, he became the first manager to be sacked in the Premiership era. He is now the manager of the Armenian national team.

He's just left hospital.

It appears he's got treatment in time & it's going well, but that's been said about others. Still, like I said before, I hope in this case all IS fine.

His cancer has returned, he's back in hospital, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, more surgery, back on my deadpool team, etc etc

His cancer has returned, he's back in hospital, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, more surgery, back on my deadpool team, etc etc

What a shame. :P

The wording has a more ominous feel about it this time, than in March.

I had vowed to name an ex-Reading FC player in my DDP team in 2008 - Porterfield would be prime candidate right now. He'll be in my CPDP theme team though (HINT - Damn... have I possibly given my theme team idea away??)

(The handy thing about being involved in Reading FC player histories is learning who's ill/aged/frail etc - thus a strong DDP unique pick :huh: )

Again, I hope he pulls through.

What a shame. :P

The wording has a more ominous feel about it this time, than in March.

I had vowed to name an ex-Reading FC player in my DDP team in 2008 - Porterfield would be prime candidate right now. He'll be in my CPDP theme team though (HINT - Damn... have I possibly given my theme team idea away??)

(The handy thing about being involved in Reading FC player histories is learning who's ill/aged/frail etc - thus a strong DDP unique pick :huh: )

Again, I hope he pulls through.

Not Robin Friday then...... ;)

NY Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, 77 and apparently none too well.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10283145

An excerpt: "His body is bloated; his jawline has slackened into a triple chin; his skin looks as if a dry-cleaner bag has been stretched over it," Lidz states. "Steinbrenner's face, pale and swollen, has a curiously undefined look. His features seem frozen in a permanent rictus of careworn disbelief"

Would he pass the UK famousness test?

Leonid Stadnyk now officially the world's tallest man and unsurprisingly not in good health. He's 36, which is already older than most of his tall contempories reached.

Leonid Stadnyk now officially the world's tallest man and unsurprisingly not in good health. He's 36, which is already older than most of his tall contempories reached.

Interesting dead pool pick, especially if Canadian Paul could be persuaded to add a Ukrainian bonus to the CPDP this year.

Interesting dead pool pick, especially if Canadian Paul could be persuaded to add a Ukrainian bonus to the CPDP this year.

A bonus point for Ukrainians and Canadians? That might be dangerous to my safety. :rolleyes:

Merv Griffin, the creator of the gameshows "Wheel Of Fortune" and "Jeopardy", has been hospitalised with prostate cancer. It is the second time he has been diagnosed with the disease.

"Prognosis Is Not Looking Good" for Merv Griffin. Could his very life be in jeopardy? :rolleyes:

Dawn French says she has a firm belief that she will die young! :rip:

If only.

If only.

Hattie Jacques (by way of comparison) was 56 when she died.

Speaking of Hattie; Eric Sykes - her long time screen brother - stumbles on in his 85th year. Two strokes so far, heavy smoker for many years and no stranger to 'the sauce' though he's quit the fags and cut down on the bevy of late.

Guest Guest_DAVE_*

If only.

Shes too bloody late

Speaking of Hattie; Eric Sykes - her long time screen brother - stumbles on in his 85th year. Two strokes so far, heavy smoker for many years and no stranger to 'the sauce' though he's quit the fags and cut down on the bevy of late.

FFS, the man is 85 years old, is there ANY point cutting back anything?

Mikhail Kalashnikov

The inventor of the ak-47.

At 87 years old, he isn't getting any younger.

hello, i am a newbie. I think Phyillis Diller is 90. She is most likely in my opinion to go sometime soon? :P