Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

I'm sure the tabloids will make a big deal of it - Camilla no doubt made her life hell as well...

If your talking about Al Fayed's daughter - I think she is an eight 3\4. World class. Beautiful woman.

Rosemary Pitman, the heir to our throne's wife's ex husband's new wife (practically royalty) is suffering from cancer. She was diagnosed a year ago and the cancer has returned after treatment, she also suffered breast cancer 14 years ago.

Well, the heir to our throne's wife's father scored me a good few points last year so I can't see why not.

I'm sure the tabloids will make a big deal of it - Camilla no doubt made her life hell as well...

Camilla and she are close, at least according to that linked story. Then again, Andrew Parker-Bowles would have had to be understanding to Camilla, seeing as how she was mistress to the Prince of Wales, and that. If you take all their money away they're little different to the usual Jeremy Kyle guests, or summat.

Carlisle United legend and former England international Ivor Broadis remains alive, if frail. Heard a rumour of summat more serious than frialty, will post more if there's owt to it.

Probably, I think I'll risk the man as a DP pick - certainly DDP - if he's still alive on December 31st.

The American operatic tenor Jerry Hadley is in intensive care after evidently shooting himself with an air-rifle.

It looks like there's no way that he's going to make 2008, but we don't have a 'Catch 'em before they're gone' thread.

Yves Saint Laurent is convalescing in hospital after suffering acute health problems - he can't breathe properly and he can't walk. Let us hope is able to tip toe in to 2008.

Yves Saint Laurent is convalescing in hospital after suffering acute health problems - he can't breathe properly and he can't walk. Let us hope is able to tip toe in to 2008.

This is very reminiscent of last year with Sidney Shelden.

There was a brief mention of Shelden being hospitalised around this time of the year and then 6 months later he died.

Well Ive done a search and I cant find Paul Gascoigne on here.

Either Im a twat ( more than likely) or nobody has picked up on this alcoholic shambles who isnt looking too rosy.

That leads me to the second point. If its not in the rules, how come every pick on the Deathlist is so bloody old? Isnt it a bit like shooting fish in a barrel?

Perhaps you need to have a couple of picks under the age of Alzheimers.

Either Im a twat ( more than likely) or nobody has picked up on this alcoholic shambles who isnt looking too rosy.

That leads me to the second point. If its not in the rules, how come every pick on the Deathlist is so bloody old? Isnt it a bit like shooting fish in a barrel?

Gazza thread

Alternative Gazza thread

Many thanks for that.

Well he does seem an awfully lot closer to his maker now. One serious Operation this year and he was still on the piss days after he was discharged.

I dont think he has the constitution of George Best, he will be gone next year.

he will be gone next year.

Debateable I'd say, gone sooner than George Best's 59 and bit years though, I feel pretty certain.

The Right Rev David Giuliano, Moderator of The United Church of Canada, is suffering from a malignant tumour on his forehead. He's not exactly famous, but he would be a good pick for the CPDP.

He's started a blog about his condition, but it hasn't been updated for a while... :lol:

From the blog:

Giuliano claims he's not dying and wonders if people will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Obviously he would say that he's not but, as a priest, he would be more likely to be honest about it if he were. Make of it what you will.

I'm with LFN on his observation about DL 2007 and suggestion for next year, and hope the meticulous research which I understand CP is undertaking will give us some sprightly 40 and 50 somethings to mull over come year end. My own dark horse, Seve Ballesteros, has announced he's giving up golf, which comes suspiciously soon after he claimed he didn't try to top himself.

Ballesteros to Seve-r Links with Golf (and this world?)

Melvin Dummar, a man who has spent nearly half his life claiming he is a rightful beneficiary of the will of Howard Hughes, is suffering from cancer. He's been ill for quite a while, this article from 2004 mentions "bone marrow transplants, radiation treatments and the removal of cancerous growths from his neck and abdomen"

Not sure if he'll get the required obits, he does have a Wiki Page, he was also the subject of the 1980 film "Melvin And Howard".

scraping the barrelll

but if anybody seen This Morning, this morning, a band of really old people where on called "The Zimmers"

i think they were new

i turned over

but theres alot of them and they are all ancient, and if they make it big could pass as famous enough... maybe.

scraping the barrelll

but if anybody seen This Morning, this morning, a band of really old people where on called "The Zimmers"

i think they were new

i turned over

but theres alot of them and they are all ancient, and if they make it big could pass as famous enough... maybe.

By next week we'll have forgotten who they are. And so will they.

I think that one of their number, 100-year old Buster Martin would get at least a tabloid obit, I'd vaguely heard of him before the Zimmers single for fending off some chav scumbags who tried to attack him.

Ooh la la. Semi-famous 87-year-old film director Eric Rohmer has just completed a movie called Les Amours d'Astree et de Celadon, which sounds fairly saucy despite not featuring either Jane Birkin or Charlotte 'Rampers' Rampling (cheers CR). Anyways, I'm sure old Eric's blood pressure must have risen a few notches so he might be a possibility for 2008.

Or has Boring Bergman put us off arty film-makers for good?

She's been mentioned before, but I didn't a search and couldn't fine a thread. Courtney Love will get my vote every year. Here's the latest from her blog:

(she won't) Live through This

She's obviously been posting on the DL as Banshees' troll from time to time. The best part is the comments from her fans at the bottom, who claim they can actually understand what she means.

The Canadian blues guitarist and singer Jeff Healey ,aged 40, has just had major surgery to remove cancerous cells in both of his lungs.

He was born suffering from eye cancer and lost his sight by the age of one, he also had two sarcomas removed from his leg last year. Fate has been unkind to him. Maybe that's why he sings the blues. ;)

According to his official website, he had a quick recovery and has been touring for months now. Won't remove him off the big list, since he's had poor luck since birth, but I'll amend it.