Windsor

Derby Dead Pool 2007

Did that obit come through for John Smyth?

I think the only one there was, was the one in Yorkshire Today

Did that obit come through for John Smyth?

I think the only one there was, was the one in Yorkshire Today

Hopes are fading fast, I have to say :(

The only hope lies in the 'Lives in Brief' section of the Times or 'Other Lives' in the Grauniad.

I'll give it another month.... <_<

MPFC's team is up, including another 69, which includes Ailing Leaders of Africa, which has named a few mysteries I was keeping up my sleeve.

I must admit a lot of the more "unusual" mysteries I was hiding have appeared on the DDP this year. I'll take that as a compliment that my former mysteries were considered good candidates by others...

Thanks for the tip Octi, I'm still showing nul point mind, since I avoided Saddam's crowd. See my only unique picks are Cliff's mum and Castro's sister-in-law. Someone as sick as me has also bagged Wendy Ainscow. The plethora of points that'll result from Joker cashing if and when we say goodbye to Josie Grove will mark a big day in the life of the DDP.

Thanks for the tip Octi, I'm still showing nul point mind, since I avoided Saddam's crowd. See my only unique picks are Cliff's mum and Castro's sister-in-law. Someone as sick as me has also bagged Wendy Ainscow. The plethora of points that'll result from Joker cashing if and when we say goodbye to Josie Grove will mark a big day in the life of the DDP.

A big day for worms.

How come there's 419 rather than 446 as previously stated? Where there multiple entries?

How come there's 419 rather than 446 as previously stated? Where there multiple entries?

I am guessing that some were disqualified

There are some inspired joker selections this year; Boy George, Peter Stringfellow, Dame Ellen MacArthur, Lembit Opik, Bill Clinton, Hulk Hogan,Bruce Forsyth, Diana Ross and Ronnie Corbett (selected twice) :lol:

Well I got one unique pick in Kiichi Miyazawa... I guess it could have been worse...

There are less teams than originally thought because some were duplicates, according to the email.

Either way, it's an hefty undertaking, I salute the effort involved. Great site. Superb source of information on the likely, and unlikely 07 carks.

If anyone's going to be emailing the boys about mistakes on the site, can they include the fact that Barbara West and Barbara Joyce West-Dainton are likely the same person? (Unless there's another Barbara West that I don't know about...)

(Unless there's another Barbara West that I don't know about...)

Oh I doubt that, CP.

Afterall, you take part in 6.5hr student council meetings. If anyone knows it's you with your morals and brain power.

I wonder if Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, who was picked by 5 DDP teams, is the same fellow as Abu Hamza al-Masri, a unique pick for Roger Mortis? :eshock:

I wonder if Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, who was picked by 5 DDP teams, is the same fellow as Abu Hamza al-Masri, a unique pick for Roger Mortis? :eshock:

I suspect so, just as with the Barbara West thing mentioned above. I also suspect that the people who picked Nicole Ritchie meant to pick Nicole Richie.

I'm sure it'll be sorted when someone gets around to email the DDP boys about one of the following:

West, al-Masri and Richie

Death of Frankie Laine

Death of Dorothy Boyd over a decade ago

Death of those two American death-row inmates

Little things that can be fixed when they have time. They've done a tremendous job in just get everything up there! As long as we keep a record here of what needs to be changed, nothing will be lost.

I suspect so, just as with the Barbara West thing mentioned above. I also suspect that the people who picked Nicole Ritchie meant to pick Nicole Richie.

I'm sure it'll be sorted when someone gets around to email the DDP boys about one of the following:

Death of Frankie Laine

Little things that can be fixed when they have time. They've done a tremendous job in just get everything up there! As long as we keep a record here of what needs to be changed, nothing will be lost.

Just worked out they are two different people - Abu Ayyub al-Masri is Al-Qaeda's man in Iraq and Abu Hamza al-Masri is the Al Qaeda supporting, hook handed, one eyed cleric, who is detained in the UK. (I think)

Death of Frankie Laine

I'll do it, as long as no-one else has already e-mailed them. There's some updates I've found anyway, so I can attach them to that.

Hoorah, my team is up. It probably has been for a while but I got a bit fed up with checking. I'm amazed that I have 2 unique picks in Henri Salvador and Gerard Depardieu.

Death of Frankie Laine

Done & Done on the site too, bar the inmates. Al-Masri's are different, as DDT suspected.

Only reason I didn't supply info re. the inmates is because I'm going through the missing info alphabetically, but there's no great rush with those two anyway, for if their contributor isn't chasing it up, why should the rest of us?

Oh, this is for MIB. There's no cut-off limit for obituaries, apart from 31 Dec 2007. So, if Smyth gets one later (or anyone else for that matter) it'll be accepted.

Death of Frankie Laine

Done & Done on the site too, bar the inmates. Al-Masri's are different, as DDT suspected.

Only reason I didn't supply info re. the inmates is because I'm going through the missing info alphabetically, but there's no great rush with those two anyway, for if their contributor isn't chasing it up, why should the rest of us?

Oh, this is for MIB. There's no cut-off limit for obituaries, apart from 31 Dec 2007. So, if Smyth gets one later (or anyone else for that matter) it'll be accepted.

I can't imagine there being an obit in six months or whatever. It would have to be fairly soon. Unless a brief notice in a national newspaper at the end of the year when they do a round up of notable deaths count, in that case I could wait till the end of the year... :(

Guest TheUnknownMan

As Handrejka posted, Bruce Benett is dead. He was 100.

Come on bin Laden, Castro, Gabor, Kent, Messner, Streisand and Taylor. you know where the door is.

Nine jokers cashing in on Josie Grove today, and five other teams. Should liven up the scoreboard a little.

Lord Forte, of Travelodge fame, has checked out at the age of 98

That means 5 more DDP points but I'm still far behind my last year's position. :)

A first DDP hit of the year for the following teams:

Finbarr Returns from The Dead (Again & Again)

Mean Machine

The Shoebury Stiffs

No one in my team has died yet. But I'm confident that once the only lady in my team (Tammy Faye) has gone, the gents will follow and come the end of the year, I'll be in the running for a UEFA cup place.

Must keep your eyes on Watergate figures and dusty old cabinet politicians. And philosophers. Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr - A hit for anyone?

Yes, a unique hit for Thanatopsis!