Crispy

Saddam Hussein

The question is will the other two get obituaries of their own right?

Surely all the attention will be on Saddam.

Barzan would, probably.

The judge, whatshisface would be mentioned as part of the trial - I think, DDP anyway, it's not an obit per se, but a mention that they have died:- which surely the BBC would do.

TF, if only bloody Papon, del Toro, Gerald Ford and Gloria bloody Stuart would die, I would have no conundrum. :banghead:

Surely you didnt have a conundrum when Richard Whitely died? :D

I'm normally against the death penalty but in this case it's good riddance .... and 5 points in the DDP.

... It's really important to know, as we're now in the second half of the year, people are starting to gather names for their DDP 2006 entries. His trial won't start for a while yet, and by the time they sentence him, it would surely be next year before he was executed.

Yes he might well be beheaded or gassed or electrocuted or riddled with bullets by the close of the calendar year presently known as 2006;

I bet Mystic Meg is quaking in her boots Bruno ole boy! :banghead:

It's bad enough it being Black Saturday, what with Deathlist losing a dead cert.

If you're going to slag people off Rita - at least try to use the quoting system properly!

I wasn't slagging him off ole bean. Was actually quite impressed at the accuracy of his prediction! :D

Here's a couple of Saddam jokes to share with your mates:

What was Saddam's last meal:Kurds and whey

How does Saddam like his eggs:Sunni side up

What cigarettes did he smoke:Camels

Lastly my favourite as I made it up!

Whos hungover a day early: Saddam!

Here all week folks! :banghead:

Thanks to death rattle for the other jokes.

I'm feeling a bit annoyed for putting Hussein on my DDP now.

I was foolish to think that he would be guilty and hung (no penis jokes please (especially BHB)) in a year.

Turns out that after this trial he will face another one. Pesonally, I can't see the point. You can only kill him once...

You happy you had him now Windsor?

Indeed.

The 5 points will hopefully get me into the top 20.

On the other hand, the death of Ford and Hussein at this late stage make my 2007 team weaker.

I'm feeling a bit annoyed for putting Hussein on my DDP now.

I was foolish to think that he would be guilty and hung (no penis jokes please (especially BHB)) in a year.

Turns out that after this trial he will face another one. Pesonally, I can't see the point. You can only kill him once...

You happy you had him now Windsor?

Indeed.

The 5 points will hopefully get me into the top 20.

On the other hand, the death of Ford and Hussein at this late stage make my 2007 team weaker.

5 points gets me into the top 5!

2007 is gonna be one hell of an act to follow.... :banghead:

A fitting tribute, , IMHO.

One truly disturbing thing about the genuine footage is that they had a moment of history and the camera work is - frankly - a disgrace. Makes the ham fisted work on Ken Bigley's final moments look positively inspired.

had an interesting discussion with my intellectual daughter this evening (shes a bit of a lefty...doesnt like Maggie the Holy...etc)

She was of the opinion that NO-ONE should ever be executed . My argument about the cost of keeping criminals in prison was not accepted. My arguement about child killers and rapists was glossed over (I think I had her there though....) , but no matter how bad how Sad Huss was (and she accepted this 100%) , her view was that "ARE WE THE ONES TO JUDGE " ? ....."ARE WE NOT JUST AS BAD WHEN WE HANG HIM " ?

And unfortunately , I have some agreement with her when she says "WILL ANYTHING CHANGE NOW HE HAS GONE ?"

"WILL ANYTHING CHANGE NOW HE HAS GONE ?"

Haven't you explained deadpool rules to her? There's loads of last minute changing going on. I mean, world politics and that is all very interesting but let's get our priorities in order, eh?

had an interesting discussion with my intellectual daughter this evening (shes a bit of a lefty...doesnt like Maggie the Holy...etc)

She was of the opinion that NO-ONE should ever be executed . My argument about the cost of keeping criminals in prison was not accepted. My arguement about child killers and rapists was glossed over (I think I had her there though....) , but no matter how bad how Sad Huss was (and she accepted this 100%) , her view was that "ARE WE THE ONES TO JUDGE " ? ....."ARE WE NOT JUST AS BAD WHEN WE HANG HIM " ?

And unfortunately , I have some agreement with her when she says "WILL ANYTHING CHANGE NOW HE HAS GONE ?"

For one thing, a rising generation of highly-trained Saddam Hussein look-alikes will be planning for a life on the dole queues, after hoping against hope right up to the last minute.

Haven't you explained deadpool rules to her? There's loads of last minute changing going on. I mean, world politics and that is all very interesting but let's get our priorities in order, eh?

I agree 100% ....unfortunately todays 18 year olds seem to think they can "CHANGE THE WORLD"..."HELP THE POOR"...etc....what nonsense...

I agree 100% ....unfortunately todays 18 year olds seem to think they can "CHANGE THE WORLD"..."HELP THE POOR"...etc....what nonsense...

I can assure you that not all of them do...

Give them cheap heroin, seems to work round our way!

ummm....

I think Ill keep her "lefty and boring".....rather than drugged up on smack :pop:

ummm....

I think Ill keep her "lefty and boring".....rather than drugged up on smack :pop:

If you change your mind, my Aunt owns a bed and breakfast here in Fraserburgh...

ummm....

If you change your mind, my Aunt owns a bed and breakfast here in Fraserburgh...

thats a bit too far for her to commute to York Univ ......

That's damned dangerous talk, all the world's really nasty troublemakers and warmongers were/are idealists.

well...she (and her clever lefty boyfriend) are definatly idealists.....I'm a bit worried to be honest....lets hope that in 5 years when there is a massive bomb attack on the House of Commons , there is no mention of the Grobler family .

It does actually cost far more to execute prisoners than to keep them alive what with the huge legal fees, the need to build new buildings etc. I don't have any links to back this up because it's 1am on Saturday night so you'll just have to trust me. I'm sure you'll be able to accept my huge post count as an indication of reliability though.

Personally I'm against the death penalty. Except for when they're on my DDP, of course.

It does actually cost far more to execute prisoners than to keep them alive what with the huge legal fees, the need to build new buildings etc. I don't have any links to back this up because it's 1am on Saturday night so you'll just have to trust me. I'm sure you'll be able to accept my huge post count as an indication of reliability though.

Personally I'm against the death penalty. Except for when they're on my DDP, of course.

The good thing about hanging is that there is no electricity bill..

Mind you, with the power shortages in Iraq, if he did get the electric chair he'd probably still be alive...

Guest pearce1999

well saddam was killed on sat at 0300GMT so guess he can be added to 2006 list.

Yes saddam hussein was executed, and i do not beleive in the death penalty, even though he was a vile mass murderer.