Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

has anyone mentioned that this top al Quada leader has died in a US air strike? http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/01/10...rike/index.html

No, because if you read closer, it's not been totally confirmed

A Somali official said the United States confirmed that al Qaeda's Fazul Abdullah Mohammed was killed and no civilians were harmed. However, U.S. officials would not confirm to CNN that Mohammed was killed or that Americans were involved in the airstrikes.

Just got an e-mail to say Yvonne de Carlo has died. No link yet though

Boy, a bad 12 months for the Munster family. First Grandpa Al Lewis dies, now Yvonne de Carlo. And son Eddie lost out in the X Factor final.

story9ea8fa588844a13edc4f7752c9b0cd67.jpgeddie_caddy.jpg

As the writer of the song, Dan Penn said...

"Everybody keeps asking me what's my favorite version of 'Dark End Of The Street,' as if there was any other than James Carr's"

James Carr

I recall that Richard and Linda Thompson did a good cover of 'Dark End of The Street'

As did Linda Ronstadt.

And *I* broke Sneaky Pete's death first, though admittedly it was unconfirmed at the time. So ner.

Lily Munster has passed on the 10th Jan 2007 without a mention here it seems.

She was a bit tasty in her time, I'm sorry to see her go :rolleyes:

Jack

[well, mentioned a few times in Near Misses, which is where this post is now going.... Teddy]

Edited by Teddy

has anyone mentioned that this top al Quada leader has died in a US air strike? http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/01/10...rike/index.html

No, because if you read closer, it's not been totally confirmed

A Somali official said the United States confirmed that al Qaeda's Fazul Abdullah Mohammed was killed and no civilians were harmed. However, U.S. officials would not confirm to CNN that Mohammed was killed or that Americans were involved in the airstrikes.

and now if you read the breaking news headline on CNN, you'll see the following

A senior U.S. official denies that al Qaeda terrorist Fazul Abdullah Mohammed, a suspect in the 1998 embassy bombings in Africa, was killed in a U.S. airstrike on Somalia.

Guest Matthew Troy
Lily Munster has passed on the 10th Jan 2007 without a mention here it seems.

She was a bit tasty in her time, I'm sorry to see her go :rolleyes:

Jack

[well, mentioned a few times in Near Misses, which is where this post is now going.... Teddy]

Thank you Teddy, this palace would be lost without your watchful eye and care.

Oooh, I've just put something with Harry Horse's work on Ebay. I'd better go and edit and bump the price up...

I don't understand the two DDP teams you have Vin, is one a collaboration?

I don't understand the two DDP teams you have Vin, is one a collaboration?

Yes. MHOB is a collaboration between myself, my sister and various other people. AYSDD is my own personal one with my own personal picks (half of which were usually rejected by my sister).

Don't think I'll be having my own one next year though - I'm losing track of who I've got in various deadpools.

Cuban dissident Miguel Valdes Tamayo has died of a heart attack at the age of 50

Cuban dissident Miguel Valdes Tamayo has died of a heart attack at the age of 50

First time I've heard of him. It seems silencing dissidents works well in Cuba.

Now I understand why the US government use Guantanamo Bay.

regards,

Hein

I've never heard of him in my life. Are you sure he isn't a local resident who's obituary wast printed in the Cuban local papers?

I've never heard of him in my life. Are you sure he isn't a local resident who's obituary wast printed in the Cuban local papers?

Seems by the report he was one of 75 who were jailed for opposing Fidel Castro in 2003

Seems by the report he was one of 75 who were jailed for opposing Fidel Castro in 2003

Isn't that famous but these days Near Misses has started a new revolution.

We've forgot to add the Not So Famous thread....... :)

Guest Rosie

The Donald is DEAD.

Ran across this in the obituaries and thought I would share it.

Pace

DR. DONALD PACE

Dr. Donald Pace, known for research into the links between cigarette smoking and cancer, died Thursday of cancer.

He was 73.

Dr. Pace founded and directed the Institute for Cellular Research at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and won nearly $1 million in research grants in his career. He also wrote three textbooks.

He retired in 1977 as director of cellular research at University of the Pacific's School of Pharmacology. Surviving are his wife, Norma; two sons, Donald and James of Stockton; a daughter, Norma Wunderlich of Monterey,

The Donald is DEAD.

Ran across this in the obituaries and thought I would share it.

Pace

DR. DONALD PACE

Dr. Donald Pace, known for research into the links between cigarette smoking and cancer, died Thursday of cancer.

He was 73.

Dr. Pace founded and directed the Institute for Cellular Research at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and won nearly $1 million in research grants in his career. He also wrote three textbooks.

He retired in 1977 as director of cellular research at University of the Pacific's School of Pharmacology. Surviving are his wife, Norma; two sons, Donald and James of Stockton; a daughter, Norma Wunderlich of Monterey,

I always thought that "The Donald" was Donald Trump

The Donald is DEAD.

I always thought "The Donald" was a duck.

/me ducks,

Hein

The Donald is DEAD.

I always thought "The Donald" was a duck.

/me ducks,

Hein

I always thought "The Donald" was 'where's yer troosers' :ghost:

I had the same thought. Everytime I see him on TV I have to change the channel.

Just got an e-mail to say Yvonne de Carlo has died. No link yet though

Sorry to be an Iain. I just got a bit excited as she'll be my first hit in CPDP if indeed she is dead.

Hey, she was on my list this year, as well. {ok she was on last years too, but still}