Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Reverend Gyosei Handa, one of Britain's leading Buddist monks, killed in a freak lawnmower mishap while trimming the garden outside his temple.

I'm never going to cut my hair with the lawnmower again. I did wonder why my parents always told me off! Close call!

Jerome "Jah Jerry" Hinds, founding member of legendary Jamaican group, the Skatalites, has died aged 80.

Confusion reigns about his surname. It is variously given as Hinds / Haynes / Hynes / Hines / Haines!

Reverend Gyosei Handa, one of Britain's leading Buddist monks, killed in a freak lawnmower mishap while trimming the garden outside his temple.

I'm never going to cut my hair with the lawnmower again. I did wonder why my parents always told me off! Close call!

I'm guessing it's for real but this is the kind of story that smacks of a silly season hoax.

I'm guessing it's for real but this is the kind of story that smacks of a silly season hoax.

True but you would be surprised how real some of these stories are! People can be careless especially doing something they think they are safe doing.

There was someone in my town who died during sex, fell off the bed and cracked his head on the bedside cabinet. Ahhh this gives me a idea for a new thread!

We've already got a died on the job thread, but that refers to people who died at work.

We've already got a died on the job thread, but that refers to people who died at work.

The one i have created is not just for people dying on the job. Its a place to post unusual yet strangely funny deaths.

Zahoor Shah, not many caretakers ever get an obituary in a British broadsheet.

Zahoor Shah, not many caretakers ever to get an obituary in a British broadsheet.

I'm sure Ian Huntley will get one.

American soprano Rose Bampton, "who performed 18 seasons at the Metropolitan Opera" has died aged 99.

Former Iraqi President Abdel-Rahman Aref, overthrown more than 35 years ago in a coup that brought Saddam Hussein's Baath party to power, has died at the age of 91.

former French prime minister Raymond Barre has died

For the first time in my life, I'm actually excited to read one of your posts. My fifth RDP hit, I've never gotten that many hits in the RDP. I'm no Tempus Fugit. P.S. Lone Star beer is cheap with many alcohol percentages.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually excited to read one of your posts. My fifth RDP hit, I've never gotten that many hits in the RDP. I'm no Tempus Fugit. P.S. Lone Star beer is cheap with many alcohol percentages.

Looks like you have a shot at the Hall of Fame CP - "way to go!"

Robert Symonds, theatre, film & TV actor and a key member of the famed San Francisco Theatre Workshop has died aged 80.

He appeared in films such as "The Exorcist" and also had a recurring role in "Dynasty". He was the step father of Amy Irving.

Teenage QPR striker Ray Jones has died in a car accident...

Do you think it would be important to note at this time that Michael Vick's career is dead?

Oh Noes!

I'm not too sure how many members of "The Drifters", be it the "original" ones or later versions* are left (Bill Pinkney himself departed this world in July). Suffice it to say, the number is one less:

Clarence "Tex" Walker has died aged 61

* Yes, before someone tells me, I know "The Shadows" were called "The Drifters" but changed their name, but I'm not thinking of them here.

you're welcome ;)

I'm not too sure how many members of "The Drifters", be it the "original" ones or later versions* are left (Bill Pinkney himself departed this world in July). Suffice it to say, the number is one less:

Clarence "Tex" Walker has died aged 61

* Yes, before someone tells me, I know "The Shadows" were called "The Drifters" but changed their name, but I'm not thinking of them here.

*grumbles to himself and crosses another name off his ever-shortening shortlist for 2008*

former EU president and Prime Minister of Luxembourg Gaston Thorn has died at 78

news here

Gaston Thorn "Former Luxembourg Prime Minister and ex-president of the European Commission" has died aged 78.

"Thorn was well known on the international stage and held the post of president of the U.N. General Assembly from 1975-1976."

... I see you just pipped me by seconds, Dave. Still, I expect you've been doing your usual trick of sitting there pressing the "refresh" button continuously!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the death of top movie producer Aaron Russo at 64

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the death of top movie producer Aaron Russo at 64

Top? Two crappy movies and then he became a psycho conspiracy theorist.

Described as "Morocco's strongman", Driss Basri has died in Paris.

When I read the headline I initially thought of the world's strongest man competitors...oh well.

Hans Reusch, Swiss racing driver, animal activist and DDP selection of our own aquatic deathlister has died, but no English, never mind UK, obit for him yet.

As a side note, one player on the upcoming CPDP had picked both Barre and Reusch, making this their second premature hit for next years competition!