Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Guest Guest

English actor Nichoas Courtney reportedely dead at 77. He was most famous for his part as Brigadier Leybridge Stewart in Doctor Who

English actor Nichoas Courtney reportedely dead at 77. He was most famous for his part as Brigadier Leybridge Stewart in Doctor Who

Please reveal your sources!

Please reveal your sources!

I thought Nicholas Courtney died ages ago. It was mentioned here. Funny it's not on Wiki though.

And it's Lethbridge Stewart.

Summer 07 is turning out like summer 97 in terms of celebrity deaths. I wonder which of the Royal family will cark it at the end of August.

Hopefully all of them.

Maybe someone will bomb the Diana memorial service. :)

I thought Nicholas Courtney died ages ago. It was mentioned here. Funny it's not on Wiki though.

NAP, this is Iain again.

Iain made up Courtney's death before, and now he's doing it again. Quite why he thinks we should fall it, in the first place is beyond me, but twice.... well that is absolute stupidity of the highest order.

Not to mention that Iain couldn't even spell Nicholas right... :)

Courtney, is, according to a blog site currently do a series on BBC7 Radio. He's more alive than most of us.

NAP, this is Iain again.

Iain made up Courtney's death before, and now he's doing it again. Quite why he thinks we should fall it, in the first place is beyond me, but twice.... well that is absolute stupidity of the highest order.

Not to mention that Iain couldn't even spell Nicholas right... :)

Courtney, is, according to a blog site currently do a series on BBC7 Radio. He's more alive than most of us.

when is his radio show got to be worth tuning in 4?

Sergei Antonov, who was accused of trying to kill Pope John Paul II in 1981 but later released for lack of evidence, has been found dead in his home. The Bulgarian interior ministry say he died of natural causes. Mr Antonov was 58.

William J Tuttle, who was one of the pioneers of the art of film make up, has died aged 95:

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/c...s-pe-california

His work "prompted the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to officially recognize his craft for the first time by giving him an honorary Academy Award in 1965". He was head of the make up department at MGM for more than 20 years.

He was also the first husband (1943 - 45) of Donna Reed.

Lucky Grills of Bluey and Bargearse fame died in his sleep overnight.

I take it wiki reporting Michael Foot's death is another hoax?

More than likely

Most likely. The same anonymous user reported Alan Johnston dead back in April.

Former Labour MP Ron Brown has died aged 69

"one of the most controversial characters ever to grace the House of Commons ... He was rebuked in the Commons in 1992 for describing members of the royal family as "deadbeats". ;)

Profilic TV & stage actor John Normington has also succumbed to pancreatic disease, at the age of 70.

Goodness me! I was just watching him in "Midsomer Murders" this weekend and trying to recall what I had seen him in previously. I think it was his performance in an episode of "Yes, Prime Minister", as I remember noting that John Nettleton was in that also. That's John Nettleton, born 1929 by the way, just in case anyone's interested (although he still appears to be quite active).

Met him in 1992, nice man. Brilliant as Morgus in Doctor Who. Saw him in Torchwood and didn't think he looked that well, if only I trusted my instincts.... ;)

This morning I'd like to announce the death of Leeds Utd. Goodbye and good riddance!!!!!

Former Labour MP Ron Brown has died aged 69

"one of the most controversial characters ever to grace the House of Commons ... He was rebuked in the Commons in 1992 for describing members of the royal family as "deadbeats". ;)

What a shame.

Tosser.

Dr Art Davis, the double bassist who played with Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Judy Garland, Max Roach and, er, Peter Paul and Mary, has died at the age of 73.

He held a doctorate in clinical psychology.

not sure he really qualifies, now if it had been Ving Rhames himself then that would have been a different matter

Doris Richards, 91, mother of Rolling Stone Keith Richards has died.

I thought this was discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find it, so...

Turns out that Keef really did snort his dad's ashes, after all.

So says Keef: "What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of... y'know, he went down a treat." Mmmm... ancestors...

Lucky Grills of Bluey and Bargearse fame died in his sleep overnight.

Already posted 6 days ago!

Jeez the TV news is slack here. It was reported on the night I posted this and they said it happened "overnight." Poor research on my part admittedly, but I was gullible enough to believe what I saw on the telly ipso facto. Sorry for the doubleup VSBFH.