Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Mike Reid dead - that's an unexpected one. I didn't see that coming.

Neither did he B)

Edit: If you're quick, you can buy this video for about 25p

Neither did he B)

Edit: If you're quick, you can buy this video for about 25p

A unique pick no less for Johnny Foreskin and The Pullbacks on the DDP. I guess that's hard cheese for the rest of us.

Mike Reid (aka Frank Butcher, although he sticks in my mind more as the presenter of 70s kids' show Runaround) has died.

(props to Welshman for breaking this story with his ter-riff-ic text)

NO!!! NO!! DEAR GOD WHY OH WHY.. why is Les Dennis still alive?

Here's the intro to

for those feeling nostalgic

Mike Reid (aka Frank Butcher, although he sticks in my mind more as the presenter of 70s kids' show Runaround) has died.

(props to Welshman for breaking this story with his ter-riff-ic text)

NO!!! NO!! DEAR GOD WHY OH WHY.. why is Les Dennis still alive?

Here's the intro to

for those feeling nostalgic

Agreed re Les bloody Dennis. A real shame though, Frank Butcher was one of the better characters in Eastenders - why couldn't it have been Stacey Slater instead, moaning tart.

David Shaw, TV and film writer whose biggest hit was "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium", has died aged 90:

Possibly one of the worst films it has been my misfortune to watch. Leather-faced lothario Lovejoy, getting into all sorts of stereotypical euro-scrapes. Bag of dog-cock.

Sweetheart Attack?

US talk show host etc. and smoker of a kajillion cigarettes, Tom Snyder, has died.

James Bond was wrong, Tomorrow does too Die

Don't suppose he has much, if any, of a profile in the UK, but pretty well known in the US.

Bloody hell, what a day!

It's like the Gods have decided that we'll kill off all the DDP candidates in one day. Just a flipping shame not one of the 6 (I believe) were picked by yours truly. :banghead:

May I also add Marvin Zindler, who was mentioned in the I & P thread, who lost his fight against pancreatic cancer.

and also Newspaper editor Richard Stott, who also died from pancreatic cancer, aged 63.

So that's Meshkini, Walsh, Snyder, Bergman, McGraw, Drabble, Reid, Serrault, Stott & Zindler all gone in the last 24 hours. I can't ever recall 10 deaths in a day (or certainly not of people I've heard of) :o

Well... at least my 2008 shortlist is much shorter. :lol:

Profilic TV & stage actor John Normington has also succumbed to pancreatic disease, at the age of 70.

Goodness me! I was just watching him in "Midsomer Murders" this weekend and trying to recall what I had seen him in previously. I think it was his performance in an episode of "Yes, Prime Minister", as I remember noting that John Nettleton was in that also. That's John Nettleton, born 1929 by the way, just in case anyone's interested (although he still appears to be quite active).

Bloody hell, what a day!

So that's Meshkini, Walsh, Snyder, Bergman, McGraw, Drabble, Reid, Serrault, Stott & Zindler all gone in the last 24 hours. I can't ever recall 10 deaths in a day (or certainly not of people I've heard of) :lol:

Well... at least my 2008 shortlist is much shorter. :banghead:

[in honour of absent friends] 30 July 2007 was a day when celebrity death reached a pinnacle.

Or summit.

Bloody hell, what a day!

So that's Meshkini, Walsh, Snyder, Bergman, McGraw, Drabble, Reid, Serrault, Stott & Zindler all gone in the last 24 hours. I can't ever recall 10 deaths in a day (or certainly not of people I've heard of) :lol:

[in honour of absent friends] 30 July 2007 was a day when celebrity death reached a pinnacle.

Or summit.

Summer 07 is turning out like summer 97 in terms of celebrity deaths. I wonder which of the Royal family will cark it at the end of August.

Sheesh, well I have a lot less number of people to select from for next year.

Summer 07 is turning out like summer 97 in terms of celebrity deaths. I wonder which of the Royal family will cark it at the end of August.

Hopefully all of them.

Bloody hell, what a day!

So that's Meshkini, Walsh, Snyder, Bergman, McGraw, Drabble, Reid, Serrault, Stott & Zindler all gone in the last 24 hours. I can't ever recall 10 deaths in a day (or certainly not of people I've heard of) :o

Or summit.

I could almost see you licking your lips in anticipation as you typed that!

The quiet, thoughtful and fragrant 'H' has a very wicked streak.... dont you!

I like it :lol: