If someone pulled off on me I'd be pissed off as well.

Hm.

I seem to remember you once berating me for making a similarly crass comment.

I shall now return the criticism:

[shaking head and making 'tch' sound] Well really. [/shaking head and making 'tch' sound]

I have no recollection of that incident yer honour.

I do.

Yes you're right,

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=27631

What a hypocritical gobshite I am. <_<

Well done - I was wondering how long it would take you to find it.

22 minutes... not bad... not bad at all. :)

Guest Guest

I'm hearing rumors that Ford's condition has began to deteriorate that the treatments for the pneumonia are not working. I think he has little time left to live.

I'm hearing rumors that Ford's condition has began to deteriorate that the treatments for the pneumonia are not working. I think he has little time left to live.

From watching reports by CNN - he seems stable. <_<

Although one too watch this year and could be a major possibility.

Oh, stop teasing us.

He's still being assessed by his doctors, and there's no timetable for discharge, although there are claims that he's doing well. Let's see, he's been in the hospital for pneumonia for a week now, and has had IV antibiotics - I think if things were going as well as is being portrayed, he'd be out of the hospital by now, or atleast there would be plans to set him loose.

Oh, stop teasing us.

He's still being assessed by his doctors, and there's no timetable for discharge, although there are claims that he's doing well. Let's see, he's been in the hospital for pneumonia for a week now, and has had IV antibiotics - I think if things were going as well as is being portrayed, he'd be out of the hospital by now, or atleast there would be plans to set him loose.

I'd say even if he is released soon from the hospital, his overall health which is obviously already frail won't be any better. This is the begining of the end for President Ford.

I'd say even if he is released soon from the hospital, his overall health which is obviously already frail won't be any better. This is the begining of the end for President Ford.

The beginning of his agonizingly long end was a looooong time ago in my opinion.

The beginning of his agonizingly long end was a looooong time ago in my opinion.

July 14th, 1913, to be precise.

July 14th, 1913, to be precise.

I'm pretty sure that this is the thread where I declared my immunity to the "born dying" quagmire. ;)

Guest Guest

Has anyone heard the latest on Ford's condition? I can't find anything on TV or the web.

Has anyone heard the latest on Ford's condition? I can't find anything on TV or the web.

Yes! They are going to lay off 30,000 workers :lol:

Guest LilMimi

His spokesperson says that nothing has changed and that he will remain hospitalized until the doctors decide to relase him. She says that his condition is not life-threatening. But it sounds to me as if they are hiding something!

Yes! They are going to lay off 30,000 workers :huh:

Well done sir. Well done. I must commend you.

Guest Guest

His spokesperson says that nothing has changed and that he will remain hospitalized until the doctors decide to relase him. She says that his condition is not life-threatening. But it sounds to me as if they are hiding something!

It's the 10th day in the hospital now.

Gerald Ford was released from the hospital earlier today after a 12 stay for pneumonia. His spokesperson says that he is doing well. For more info visit CNN.com/ALLPOLITICS.

Gerald Ford was released from the hospital earlier today after a 12 stay for pneumonia. His spokesperson says that he is doing well. For more info visit CNN.com/ALLPOLITICS.

Poor old Gerald.

He's more of a rusty Fiesta than a Cosworth now, isn't he. :lol:

Poor old Gerald.

He's more of a rusty Fiesta than a Cosworth now, isn't he. :lol:

It looks like another false alarm. We're probably going to see Mr. Ford go in and out of the hospital a few more times. He'll probably end up dying at home when no one expects it to happen.

That reminds me of Dorothy Parker's comment when told of Calvin Coolidge's death: "How could they tell?"

Ford is released from hospital.

Ford is released from hospital.

Oh well, we have more than 11 months left.

regards,

Hein

Now that Gerald Ford is out of the hospital, speculation about him abounds once more. I'm doing this poll for three reasons:

1. I'm legitimately interested in what people think about the possibility of Ford setting a new record.

2. I haven't started many threads (in fact, only one other I can think of), so I'm not overdoing it on polls/threads.

3. I have time to kill before my Student Council meeting.

If the mods wanted to move this to Gerry's thread, that'd be fine too of course, but I'd assume they wouldn't.

So what do we think? Remember, the question is not "will he survive the year?" It's, "will he make it past Reagan's record" (which is in early November if I'm not mistaken).

There's a couple things I want to learn from this excercise, but I'll see what the response is to this poll... so don't be shy, vote and reply!

My vote? Yes, although I think he's a goner in 2007.

I would love to vote, but am a bit confused. Can you please clarify what 'Reagan's longevity record' is, exactly? Is it how long he stayed alive after being diagnosed as properly ill? Or do you mean it in terms of age?

Ronald Reagan is the longest lived (oldest ever) US president.

So I would imagine thayt CP is talking about that.

I'm voting no - I'm being hopeful.

I voted "yes" because he's a tough old geezer.

I voted no, more out of hope than expectation.

If he does beat Reagans record then he probably won't die in '06.